GDT: 2017 NHL Entry Draft (7PM ET/6PM CT/4PM PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Welcome to Winnipeg Kristian.

Anyone else notice the Jets changed up their jersey for our pick.

They were alternating white and dark every year with white in the odd numbered years.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Big. Powerful. Very good skater. Terrific skill. Was easily the best forward at the under 18 tournament. The main concern was attitude. Chevy probably did their research. I remember concerns about the attitude of another big Finnish winger last draft.

This also opens up opportunity to move forwards for other players.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Big, skilled power-forward. Works for me.

Very glad we went BPA and got a heckuva talent.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Prospects.

Morrissey - Trouba
Enstrom - Buff
____ - Myers

Sign a UFA, or just have Niku steal a job which he will have in a year.

We can use prospects, but we can get those in rounds other than the 1st. I wanted Hague or Timmins but you take the BPA regardless.

Niku is our highest "skill" d prospect atm and he was a 7th round pick.

Do you really expect a non-NHL ready defensive prospect to come in and play Year one, Morrissey didn't and neither did Trouba....

We should try to pick up the best defensive defenseman available though trade or FA..

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Okay
So after all this , I am not sure why we did this ?
I was hoping a trade was coming.
Can someone explain why the XD strategy was good ?
I'm not seeing a real upside.
Same roster , same coaching likely same results ?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Big. Powerful. Very good skater. Terrific skill. Was easily the best forward at the under 18 tournament. The main concern was attitude. Chevy probably did their research. I remember concerns about the attitude of another big Finnish winger last draft.

Cool. Sounds like the type we need up front. The Jets really value character so I trust they did their homework on that aspect.

Marre

Mar 10, 2004
Have you seen any of the u-18? Tournament MVP.

I was referring more to times I saw him play life, but admittedly I didn't watch much U18.

Saw him four times life last winter and felt blaah. Not the same type of excitement one usually has when watching same age first rounders play against men.

But really, I'm not a scout, just a hockey fan.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Chevy got bullied into trading down and we this guy won't even hit the NHL for 4 or 5 years. I don't even care about this pick. Doesn't matter for a long time.

Between the players picked at #13 and Vesalainen I wouldn't be surprised if Vesalainen makes it to the NHL in around the same time frame...if not sooner considering his size and the fact he's already been playing pro.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
BIRTHYEAR 1999-06-01 BIRTHPLACEHelsinki, FIN AGE 18 NATION Finland POSITION LW/RW SHOOTS L HEIGHT 192 cm / 6'3" WEIGHT 95 kg / 209 lbs YOUTH TEAM HIFK CONTRACT 17/18 NHL DRAFT 2017 round 1 #24 overall by Winnipeg Jets

RANKINGS Ranked #34 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #19 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #17 by Future Considerations
Ranked #9 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #7 by NHL Central Scouting (EU Skaters)
Ranked #15 by TSN/McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad