GDT: 2017 NHL Draft: The waiting is over! The NYR will pick in the first round! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Let's analyze some other past first round Swedish league forward picks from 2015 and 2014.

2015:

Eriksson-Ek had 6 in 34.

2014:

William Nylander had 7 in 22.
Jakob Vrana had 3 in 24.
Adrian Kempe had 11 in 45.
David Pastrnak had 24 in 36 at the Swedish lower level.

This is common. These are kids in a men's league.

Sitting there and claiming that 19 in 42 is not producing, is bad, etc. is just so hilariously off base and shows a complete lack of understanding of how the Swedish league acts as a developmental league for young players.

so much this

the SHL is big time. playing as a 17 yr old says alot.

he scored getting mop up 4th line minutes.

say what you want but this kid is prepared to be a pro, has the attitude of a winner and the work ethic of a team leader. and his skills are legit.

so many naysayers here without any information other than he's gonna be " oscar lindberg and jesper fast."

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Good list of comparisons. But I wonder if the notion that he could be ready for the NHL this season in a 3rd line role is optimistic.

He literally just played 2nd/3rd line tweener on a Championship team in the Swedish Elite League against fully grown professional men. Playing two way hockey on both PP and PK. He was very good for them and has absolutely killed against those his own age at all levels, including international.

March 2017 – Lias Andersson is a versatile forward. He has a mature frame, can play a variety of forward positions in a variety of situations. Andersson uses his size and strength to protect the puck and win puck battles at both ends of the ice. He brings energy and compete to every shift and has above average offensive upside as well. He has dominated offensively against his age group, produced offensively at international tournaments and is scoring about half a point per game pace against men in pro hockey in the SHL in his draft year.

Andersson may lack the offensive ceiling as many other first round picks, but his NHL certainty is very high, and his contribution in multi-cat leagues will be higher.
- http://www.dobberprospects.com/lias-andersson/

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
If Anderson pans out well, I'd expect 50-60 points, strong 2 way play, (I know, similar to Stepan) but also a tremendous skater.

Very good first step, very smart out there, can skate with them all.

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
so much this

the SHL is big time. playing as a 17 yr old says alot.

he scored getting mop up 4th line minutes.

say what you want but this kid is prepared to be a pro, has the attitude of a winner and the work ethic of a team leader. and his skills are legit.

so many naysayers here without any information other than he's gonna be " oscar lindberg and jesper fast."

He was on the 3rd line and got 2nd line time at times throughout the end of the season and playoffs.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Don't you think it's valid right now? The NYR have clearly regressed ever since JG took over.
Fact or fiction?
its not valid. I just think whining like little girls is a overreaction. Kid is a good player. After glass it was more open so im fine with the pick

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I feel honored to share this board with hundreds of experts and professional scouts. I thought this place was just a bunch of regular folk!

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I'm getting sick of Bob etc "hinting" at who a team is gonna take. They know already and it's ruining the surprise.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I hope Anthony deangelo will be a stud like many say he's capable of .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad