GDT: 2017 NHL Draft: The waiting is over! The NYR will pick in the first round! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
Liljegren and Vilardi falling. Not a word regarding brannstrom. I think we get someone solid at 21

Edit: Vilardi just picked

Opinion stays

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Let's analyze some other past first round Swedish league forward picks from 2015 and 2014.

2015:

Eriksson-Ek had 6 in 34.

2014:

William Nylander had 7 in 22.
Jakob Vrana had 3 in 24.
Adrian Kempe had 11 in 45.
David Pastrnak had 24 in 36 at the Swedish lower level.

This is common. These are kids in a men's league.

Sitting there and claiming that 19 in 42 is not producing, is bad, etc. is just so hilariously off base and shows a complete lack of understanding of how the Swedish league acts as a developmental league for young players.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
At the end of the day, i think we'll walk away with two players we like.. who we take a 7 vs 21 doesnt matter to me

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Andersson was not at all a panic pick. I think the Rangers were taking him regardless. They had a jersey made out for him with his name on the back.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Pierre laughing at the man crush comment.

Best player out of the 5 guys taken ahead of the,

Can skate like Willie Nylander.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Let's analyze some other past first round Swedish league forward picks from 2015 and 2014.

2015:

Eriksson-Ek had 6 in 34.

2014:

William Nylander had 7 in 22.
Jakob Vrana had 3 in 24.
Adrian Kempe had 11 in 45.
David Pastrnak had 24 in 36 at the Swedish lower level.

This is common. These are kids in a men's league.

Sitting there and claiming that 19 in 42 is not producing, is bad, etc. is just so hilariously off base and shows a complete lack of understanding of how the Swedish league acts as a developmental league for young players.
Good list of comparisons. But I wonder if the notion that he could be ready for the NHL this season in a 3rd line role is optimistic.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
haveandare said:
lol what? All playoffs long all we heard was how CK, Miller, Hayes - all talented guys - were competing hard enough.

Jesus this thread is insane.

Our fanbase has to be the most hypocritical in sports. It's crazy. The double standards for Stepan were cringe worthy. "He doesn't show emotion", "Always smiling, he doesn't care". Then, he yells at his bench, yells at Hank, and we ride his ass. He says he played terrible in the playoffs, and the fans say he "lacks confidence" and "shouldn't be a captain". Ludicrous.

Ditto here.

More on topic...I haven't followed prospects in ten years. How does Andersson compare to Korpikoski going into their drafts? That was the immediate comparison I made when I read his scouting report: "two way player, great work ethic, some skill, NHL ready".

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I still want

Shatty
Smith
Thornton (stop gap while Andersson develops)
Boyle

I'd try out Thorton at this point but Dstep smacked him around on more than a few occasions.
Smith I'll take back but only for his worth. He's asking for the sky.
Love to have BB back. Pay him
Shatty I want no part of..

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
NYR scouts love to make these children's lives miserable by going off the board and putting 10X the pressure on them for being selected higher than they otherwise would have.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
Really like this pick, correct me if I'm wrong but the dum dums complaining about stats didn't he post up a 1.59 PPG in super elite? Equivalent to Willy Nylander, better than Backstrom?

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
NYR scouts love to make these children's lives miserable by going off the board and putting 10X the pressure on them for being selected higher than they otherwise would have.

He was still regarded as a top 10 pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad