2017 NHL Draft | Pt. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Several posts that will be fun to quote when it's proven that Vilardi is a better prospect than Glass. And if I'm wrong feel free to call me out on it. But from what I've seen and the analysis I've seen, Gabe Vilardi is a better prospect than Cody Glass, and my assumption is Vegas is going to be thrilled that we pass on Vilardi.

WhiteCurse

Jan 4, 2013
Canada VI
Several posts that will be fun to quote when it's proven that Vilardi is a better prospect than Glass. And if I'm wrong feel free to call me out on it. But from what I've seen and the analysis I've seen, Gabe Vilardi is a better prospect than Cody Glass, and my assumption is Vegas is going to be thrilled that we pass on Vilardi.

Feel free to quote me later i dont care. I think it is close but i also think Glass has more room to grow his game

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
its gonna be really cool in 4 years when glass has a 20g 43a season and vilardi has a 22g 39a season and everyone starts arguing which pick was the really good one and which was the bust

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

What do you mean proven? Its not like the sky is blue its opinion now about the draft. Dont you even understand that?? :laugh:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Well some of us are in the "we don't know or we aren't sure camp" so we would be neither right nor wrong. You would probably either be right or wrong (you could come out rather even)

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express

Hahaha

The way this Draft is, nobody should judge people on their preference.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I think you need to re-read my statement again.

Haha Im not gonna call you out on that this is a hockey forum where we discuss and predict in fun. If Im wrong I will point it out but doubt anyone cares if i was right or wrong 5 years from now. Same for you :)

Anyway I hope we get Glass at 5 and if we do and hes the best from the draft then both you AND i are winners as our team got the best. Same with if we get Makar Pettersson or whoever we end up taking at 5

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Eh, as long as you get a good player I don't think there's much hand wringing over was he the "best possible". Look at Max Domi vs Bo from 2013. Domi outscored Bo 52 pts to 40 last year and I don't recall anyone posting any "shoulda picked Domi" posts even though those existed immediately after the draft (not nearly as many as Nichushkin though).

It's mostly dissatisfaction with the pick itself that drives the criticism around here.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Eh, as long as you get a good player I don't think there's much hand wringing over was he the "best possible". Look at Max Domi vs Bo from 2013. Domi outscored Bo 52 pts to 40 last year and I don't recall anyone posting any "shoulda picked Domi" posts even though those existed immediately after the draft (not nearly as many as Nichushkin though).

It's mostly dissatisfaction with the pick itself that drives the criticism around here.

like the 50 part Horvat discussion you guys did here a few years ago?

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Well, it sounds like the pitchforks will only be raised if we draft Liljegren or Rasmussen @ 5.

Anybody else besides those 2... I think the fanbase would learn to like/love the pick (that being Vilardi, Glass, Petterson, Makar, Heiskanen, Necas, Mittelstadt)

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
like the 50 part Horvat discussion you guys did here a few years ago?

You talking immediately after the draft?

I'm responding to the idea that Glass and Vilardi will spark endless debates when one puts up 52 pts and the other puts up 51.

The Horvat debate died down when everyone else realized what a bunch of us already knew, namely that Horvat was a good pick.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Well, it sounds like the pitchforks will only be raised if we draft Liljegren or Rasmussen @ 5.

Anybody else besides those 2... I think the fanbase would learn to like/love the pick (that being Vilardi, Glass, Petterson, Makar, Heiskanen, Necas, Mittelstadt)

Close

Would be very happy with all those guys you listed accept for Mittelstat. Most wouldnt except Necas but i think he will be a BEAST. I predict he falls to LA and they get the gem and we all regret it for years if we end up with Middelfat

jeromemorrow

May 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Close

Would be very happy with all those guys you listed accept for Mittelstat. Most wouldnt except Necas but i think he will be a BEAST. I predict he falls to LA and they get the gem and we all regret it for years if we end up with Middelfat
Yeah.. that's why I listed Mittelstadt last out of that bunch. But I do think that it's because Mittelstadt hasn't been in an environment to train like the others in this list who have been in a CHL / foreign professional Mens league environment. There's gotta be a reason why he's touted as a top 10/15 pick due to his high end skill set. I wouldn't be overly disappointed if VAN picks him...

Although yah.. I do like Necas as much as u do.. and don't think it's a reach at all at 5. Altho if u can trade down to get a few more late picks.. sure.. but don't trust JB at all.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Haha Im not gonna call you out on that this is a hockey forum where we discuss and predict in fun. If Im wrong I will point it out but doubt anyone cares if i was right or wrong 5 years from now. Same for you :)

Anyway I hope we get Glass at 5 and if we do and hes the best from the draft then both you AND i are winners as our team got the best. Same with if we get Makar Pettersson or whoever we end up taking at 5

Well said, amongst the bickering we often see here let's not lose perspective.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

I was right on Draisaitl. I was right on Nylander. I was (its looking like, anyways) right on Clayton Keller.

You can mark my words and bring this up in 3 or 4 years...Cody Glass will be a star in the NHL.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
My preference for forwards after nico and nolan: (theyre all close though)
vilardi
pettersson
mittelstadt
glass
necas

if they go with a dman: makar
i still like liljegren. i believe he will have a bounce back year but hes a reach at 5, maybe if canucks can acquire a mid 1st.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
its gonna be really cool in 4 years when glass has a 20g 43a season and vilardi has a 22g 39a season and everyone starts arguing which pick was the really good one and which was the bust

This is where I'm at with Glass vs Vilardi. I expect both to be good players and both teams who get them will Ben happy with their pick.

Ther seems to be a lot of overcompensation and extreme takes on here.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Canucks Army's Vanessa Jang wrote an article about how Canucks have a Defensemen in their top 5, and that defensemen is most likely Liljegren.

And that if both or even 1 of the forwards they have rankes above Liljegren is taken by Dallas or Colorado, they will draft Liljegren.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Canucks Army's Vanessa Jang wrote an article about how Canucks have a Defensemen in their top 5, and that defensemen is most likely Liljegren.

And that if both or even 1 of the forwards they have rankes above Liljegren is taken by Dallas or Colorado, they will draft Liljegren.

I really don't believe that. This board would melt down tho

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Doesn't jive with reports that they didn't interview him at the combine.

Seems odd.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Doesn't jive with reports that they didn't interview him at the combine.

Seems odd.

There is also very little mention of Makar which again is inconsistent with what ensued after the combine. I don't buy that article one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad