12 Tippett
13 Suzuki

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Why not both
Canucks acquire #3 for tanev they can.
Draft vilardi at 3 and pettersson at 5

That's the dream friend.

Vilardi, Pettersson, Horvat, Dahlen, Goldobin, Gaudette, Virtanen, Juolevi, Chatfield, Subban, maybe Raddysh, and Demko as prospects is really good. Horvat, Baertschi, Godland, Stecher, Hutton, and potentially Tryamkin as young NHLers.

It would be huge for Vancouver. Suck next year and a top 5 player like Dahlin, Svechnikov, Merkley, Veleno etc next year.

But alas, a dream.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Had to go with Glass because I can't think of a better player dishing the puck to Boeser, Goldobin or Dahlin moving forward.

But in all honesty I would be extremely happy with Vilardi or Makar as they are excellent prospects.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
Went with Heiskanen, but I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with one of Vilardi/Glass/Mittlestadt/Pettersson.

I honestly don't see how Benning can go wrong here, of the players that have been discussed the only ones that I would be genuinely upset about are Necas and maybe Liljegren.

SvenBaertschi

Not Sven Baerschi
Aug 19, 2012
Realistically I think either Vilardi, Mittelstadt or Pettersson will be the Canucks pick at 5.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
People, or M2B? :laugh:

I voted Vilardi, and I am pretty high on Glass he would be my 2nd choice.

I changed my username. Im no longer the poster known as Mogilny to Bure get with the times :shakehead

And look at the previous poll it was neck in neck victory for Glass and Vilardi with 150 votes each so i only can vote once :shakehead

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I would still probably go with Makar, but the fact that people are voting for Glass over Vilardi is just wrong.

I think is gotten all so close the top 5 guys: Glass Vilardi Makar Pettersson Heiskanen. Id be happy with any of em and maybe even Necas. So so close at this point. But Glasses passing is probably the best and i really think him and Boeser could be the best duo in the league in 5 years

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Heiskanen, Glass or Vilardi for me.

Too much risk with CM and Makar.

Heiskanen wont be there at 5 though because he's the best prospect after Nico and Patrick.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I almost want to draft Casey Mittlestadt simply for his facial expressions.

Guy is such a champ

DBmdUpoXoAAdwDP.jpg:small

DBmhwc2VYAA8yIU.jpg:small

casey-mittelstadt.jpg

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Full stop: who has the better vision and passing? Vilardi or Glass?

At this point Glass and it isn't all that close. But Vilardi seems to hang on to the puck longer, especially down low, and that does have its appeal while Glass has an almost Juolevi thing going on in that he often dishes as soon as he gets it. Some will say the former shows more confidence in waiting for the play to develop while others think the latter is closer to the quick pace of a pro style game. Not entirely sure what will translate better.

Prefer Necas/Pettersson for their upside and performance in men's league but wouldn't be begrudge Benning taking one of the two above. All eminently defensible choices provided you're not talking to someone claiming prescience.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
I almost want to draft Casey Mittlestadt simply for his facial expressions.
Guy is such a champ
DBmdUpoXoAAdwDP.jpg:small

DBmhwc2VYAA8yIU.jpg:small

I feel kinda bad for him.

You can tell he is so overwhelmed with this coverage.
The other 3 have been around this attention for awhile now.

Literally identical reaction as Kessel back in 2006 who also went on to play for the Gophers

Kessel was also a bit shellshocked

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Basically it's come down to the fact there's probably 3-5 picks that most posters would be alright with at #5. Where the scouts make their money. I'd take Vilardi if he's there.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Best case

Vilardi/Mitt/Makar

Worst case
Glass / Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad