GDT: 2017 NHL Draft Day 2: Starts at 10am EST, Will be on NHL Network

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Ratcliffe, Comtois, Safin, Ruzicka, Gadjovich, Mismash, still lots of interesting forwards left, even though most certainly won't be there at our picks.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Lipanov, Ikonen and Boqvist are the highest skilled center prospects left and have more upside than a lot of guys who went in the back half of the first round.

Hoping the Russian factor lands us Lipanov. Can't see the other two lasting longer.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
This is where it gets interesting for me. With the pressure of 1st picks out of the way and very little separating a LOT of players at this point, we should start getting some interesting reads on what lots of teams think they need and/or what they value in a prospect.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Here's hoping we avoid the annual head scratching "gem" in the mid rounds this year and go for talent the way we did with Lehkonen, Andrighetto and Hudon.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Here's hoping we avoid the annual head scratching "gem" in the mid rounds this year and go for talent the way we did with Lehkonen, Andrighetto and Hudon.

I'm not too encouraged. They talked about skill at the pre draft presser then whiffed on it for a guy who doesn't have any high end offensive tools outside of hand eye coordination..

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lipanov, Ikonen and Boqvist are the highest skilled center prospects left and have more upside than a lot of guys who went in the back half of the first round.

Hoping the Russian factor lands us Lipanov. Can't see the other two lasting longer.

I would think committing to Barrie will move him up.

Let's hope for some talent in these rounds.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
I think these will be out before we draft but If available I'd be happy

-Ratcliffe (LW)
-Robertson (LW)
-Hague (LHD)
-Timmins (RHD)
-Lind (C)
-Anderson-Dolan (C)
-Boqvist (C)
-Comtois (LW)
-Lodnia (RW)
-Ikonen (C/RW)

these are the players I would pick and realistically should/could be available at our spots

-Lipanov (C)
-Heponiemi (C)
-Popugayev (LW)
-Salo (LHD)
-Elvenes (RW)
-Chmelevski (C)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Oh SN is airing the draft, didnt know that. I see it listed on my satellite, from 10am to 1pm.

hockeyguru19

Jun 6, 2017
There are lots of centers left with speed....Anderson-Dolan,Lipanov,Morand,Heponiemi listed at just 143 lbs but had a great year in Swift Current and probably the fastest skater in the draft Sasha Chmelevski for the 67's.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Who did you guys want to see them draft? Tolvanen cause of his shot and offensive upside?

Na Tolvanen is inconsistent and weak defensively. He's a perimeter player, don't think he'll be a very effective 5 on 5 player in the NHL.

I wanted to see us draft Timmins or Hague, Hague over Timmins only because he's a LD. Both those guys are the only high 1st rounders left on my list (but they were ranked as late 1st's on most mainstream lists).

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Great point above...first round is out of the way. From what I understand the talent level in these next couple of rounds is interchangeable. Habs could land a couple of good players here. I liked Mete and Bitten last year.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Na Tolvanen is inconsistent and weak defensively. He's a perimeter player, don't think he'll be a very effective 5 on 5 player in the NHL.

I wanted to see us draft Timmins or Hague, Hague over Timmins only because he's a LD. Both those guys are the only high 1st rounders left on my list (but they were ranked as late 1st's on most mainstream lists).

Maybe they'll move up and get him then. They have the picks to do it, and there is usually some movement in the 2nd round.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Maybe they'll move up and get him then. They have the picks to do it, and there is usually some movement in the 2nd round.

Yea maybe, other 1st rounders (theyre all late 1sts on my list) i have available are:

28. Kole Lind
29. Jaret Anderson-Dolan
30. Jason Robertson
31. Jonah Gadjovich

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Alright, here we go. Boqvist is highest player on my list right now, in a tied position, really, with Ikonen and Lipanov.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
My hope:

56/58: Boqvist, Robertson, Safin, Heponiemi, Lipanov, Ikonen, Gadjovich, Brook, Texier, Mattheos, Morand

68: Brook, Texier, Mattheos, Morand, Fleury, Zhukov, Rondberg, Barrat, Studnicka, Geekie, Hoefenmayer

87:Texier, Mattheos, Morand, Fleury, Zhukov, Rondberg, Barrat, Studnicka, Geekie, Hoefenmayer

149: Gustav Lindstrom, Jan Drozg, Sebastien Repo, Denis Mikhnin, Pavel Shen, Liam Hawel, Jesse Koskenkorva

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yea maybe, other 1st rounders (theyre all late 1sts on my list) i have available are:

28. Kole Lind
29. Jaret Anderson-Dolan
30. Jason Robertson
31. Jonah Gadjovich

There's a lot of goodies left. Hopefully some of them make it to our picks.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
My hope:

56/58: Boqvist, Robertson, Norris, Safin, Heponiemi, Lipanov, Ikonen, Gadjovich, Brook, Texier, Mattheos, Morand

68: Brook, Texier, Mattheos, Morand, Fleury, Zhukov, Rondberg, Barrat, Studnicka, Geekie, Hoefenmayer

87:Texier, Mattheos, Morand, Fleury, Zhukov, Rondberg, Barrat, Studnicka, Geekie, Hoefenmayer

149: Gustav Lindstrom, Jan Drozg, Sebastien Repo, Denis Mikhnin, Pavel Shen, Liam Hawel, Jesse Koskenkorva

picked by SJ last night in the 19th spot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad