OT: 2017 NFL Season - Perfect Season Over

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Well my Jags D showed up today in a big way, 10 sacks, 3 forced fumbles(one ran back for a TD) and an INT.

Solid win to start the year!

The additions of Bouye and Campbell were huge. That and having a back that can move the chains and kill some clock to give the D a rest. If Bortles can be average they could win the division.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
#1 or #2 pick in the majority of fantasy pools, gone for possible the majority of the fantasy season.

Gonna be a rough one for Arizona this year.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
My Jekyll and Hyde Jags decided to show up this week in London, hopefully more of that and not week 2 performances

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Stupid f***ing Jason Garrett cost my 'Boys the game yesterday. Sitting 2nd and one at the Green Bay 12 yard line with little over a minute to go, they had put together an outstanding 8 minute drive to kill the clock and score the winning TD. Elliot had run ragged over the Packer the entire drive. Just keep running it, and leave about 10-20 seconds on the clock for the kickoff. But no, he call for a pass to the end zone, which damned near gets intercepted, and stops the clock. Prescott scores on the next play, which is all good and the end game of course, but it leaves a minute on the clock for Aaron Rogers to go to work. And go to work he did, with predictable results. A winning TD with 10 seconds left. How Garrett keeps his job year after year dumbfounds me.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Stupid ****ing Jason Garrett cost my 'Boys the game yesterday. Sitting 2nd and one at the Green Bay 12 yard line with little over a minute to go, they had put together an outstanding 8 minute drive to kill the clock and score the winning TD. Elliot had run ragged over the Packer the entire drive. Just keep running it, and leave about 10-20 seconds on the clock for the kickoff. But no, he call for a pass to the end zone, which damned near gets intercepted, and stops the clock. Prescott scores on the next play, which is all good and the end game of course, but it leaves a minute on the clock for Aaron Rogers to go to work. And go to work he did, with predictable results. A winning TD with 10 seconds left. How Garrett keeps his job year after year dumbfounds me.

As a Redskins fan I like Garrett as the Cowboys coach. :D

The NFC East is up for grabs. Redskins are in second place at 2-2 which is about right, even though Gruden made a similar dumb move with time management that cost the Redskins a game last week.

The decision on Zeke Elliott's appeal of his suspension will come down in the next few days. Bad news for the Cowboys if he loses the appeal, which he probably will.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Member when Dallas Eakins hung out with Jason Garrett at Cowboys training camp to learn about coaching?

I member.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Member when Dallas Eakins hung out with Jason Garrett at Cowboys training camp to learn about coaching?

I member.

Eakins clearly didn't learn so much.

The judge should rule on the temporary injunction against Ezekiel Elliott's suspension tomorrow. Not good for the Cowboys.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Interesting move today by the Eagles to add Ajayi. Didn't think they were going to be as good as they were going into the year, but they are sure doing well

Same goes for New Orleans, then again Brees did damn near have a career year last year so there was no real reason to think that team didn't have a chance.

I'm also getting a kick out of the whole Elliote debacle. Sounds like a women trying to figure out what kind shoes to wear.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I'm also getting a kick out of the whole Elliote debacle. Sounds like a women trying to figure out what kind shoes to wear.

It sucks the suspension gets upheld after Elliott single handedly beats the Redskins.

Patriots trading Garoppolo to the 49ers is interesting and good for the Redskins. Patriots do not have another quarterback on the roster.

The 49ers made the most sense for Cousins to sign with so this gives the Redskins more leverage in trying to sign an extension.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It sucks the suspension gets upheld after Elliott single handedly beats the Redskins.

Patriots trading Garoppolo to the 49ers is interesting and good for the Redskins. Patriots do not have another quarterback on the roster.

The 49ers made the most sense for Cousins to sign with so this gives the Redskins more leverage in trying to sign an extension.
I'm not sure what to make of Garoppolo to the Niners. That team is just so bad all over the place.

It's great that Garoppolo gets his shot, but he's really going to have to work to make things look good.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Oh Cleveland Browns never change.

I heard the boys on 1260 talking about the Browns this morning, but missed out why so I looked into what happened.

Boy, oh boy...that franchise. Only the Cleveland Browns would make a trade for a QB and not submit their side of the paperwork to the league office.

That said, they were apparently in on the Pat's backup at the draft, but the Pats turned down their offer. The same backup gets dealt to the 49'ers yesterday for less than what the Browns initially offered a few months back. Gee, where have we heard that one before? :sarcasm:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I heard the boys on 1260 talking about the Browns this morning, but missed out why so I looked into what happened.

Boy, oh boy...that franchise. Only the Cleveland Browns would make a trade for a QB and not submit their side of the paperwork to the league office.

That said, they were apparently in on the Pat's backup at the draft, but the Pats turned down their offer. The same backup gets dealt to the 49'ers yesterday for less than what the Browns initially offered a few months back. Gee, where have we heard that one before? :sarcasm:
I think that was more the Pats rewarding a guy and not sending him to the Browns.

The running joke today is McCarron is the happiest man alive today that the paperwork never made it through.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I think that was more the Pats rewarding a guy and not sending him to the Browns.

The running joke today is McCarron is the happiest man alive today that the paperwork never made it through.

Security camera footage from the Cleveland Brown's head office yesterday at 3:55 p.m. has been "leaked":

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Security camera footage from the Cleveland Brown's head office yesterday at 3:55 p.m. has been "leaked":

I feel like they are more using the Office Space clip where the building is on fire. Except no one is leaving and it's just smoke damage that is effecting management's heads.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

What a sh*t show that organization is. Reminds me of the Oilers under the OBC.

I'm not sure what to make of Garoppolo to the Niners. That team is just so bad all over the place.

It's great that Garoppolo gets his shot, but he's really going to have to work to make things look good.

The 49ers are an odd one. They looked decent weeks 2 through 6. Then they looked terrible the last two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad