OT: 2017 NFL Season - Perfect Season Over

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well as I said in OT, lots of happy people today now that NE has been knocked off their pedestal.

Real story for me was Hunt. The kid looked so down after fumbling on his first carry.

Overcame adversity and had a record setting came.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Well as I said in OT, lots of happy people today now that NE has been knocked off their pedestal.

Real story for me was Hunt. The kid looked so down after fumbling on his first carry.

Overcame adversity and had a record setting came.

Tyreek Hill had a very solid game.

Brady had a good night. Smith just had a career game.

Hoodie is the GOAT for a reason. The Patriots will be ok. They are still in a division with two putrid teams.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Tyreek Hill had a very solid game.

Brady had a good night. Smith just had a career game.

Hoodie is the GOAT for a reason. The Patriots will be ok. They are still in a division with two putrid teams.

I thought Brady had a bad night. Was like what 2 for 15 on passes over 10 yards?

He looked old.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Pats defence looked pretty bad out there. I believe they said on the broadcast it was the most total yards ever allowed in the Belichick era. Tied for most points allowed

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I thought Brady had a bad night. Was like what 2 for 15 on passes over 10 yards?

He looked old.

16/36 ain't great. 267 yards is still good. Probably still going to be a top 5 qb performance this week in the league. An off night for Brady. Gilislee probably won't have a multiple TD game again this season.

Losing Edelman hurts. Timing will come with Cooks.

The loss isn't a bad thing for the Patriots.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
16/36 ain't great. 267 yards is still good. Probably still going to be a top 5 qb performance this week in the league. An off night for Brady. Gilislee probably won't have a multiple TD game again this season.

Losing Edelman hurts. Timing will come with Cooks.

The loss isn't a bad thing for the Patriots.

If that ends up being a top 5 performance it's gonna be a horrid weak to watch NFL

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No QB looks good if he's under pressure all game long.

Pats O-line was brutal.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
The sky is always falling around the Patriots when they lose a game. Pretty funny stuff really.

I still see a couple Superbowls in the near future.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The sky is always falling around the Patriots when they lose a game. Pretty funny stuff really.

I still see a couple Superbowls in the near future.

No, what was funny was people talking about them having a perfect season. This even after losing a weapon such as Edelman

I don't think anyone thinks the sky is falling on them. It's more nice to see them put in their place.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
There's nothing better than seeing the Pats lose.

Gonna be a tough go for my Broncos in the AFC West this season. Siemian is going to have to channel Peyton Manning if we want to compete with the Raiders and Chiefs.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
If that ends up being a top 5 performance it's gonna be a horrid weak to watch NFL

Yep. By Brady's standards and by NFL standards, it was a horrendous game. Those are stats you expect out of Trevor Siemian... the 2016 version, not the 2017 version that's going to pass for 5000+ yards and 40+ TD's ;)

Even when he had time he wasn't sharp. Definitely looked like age caught up to him on this night at least. Pats O-Line wasn't great but it wasn't bad. Bigger concern is their porous defense; that unit is incredibly overrated.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Yep. By Brady's standards and by NFL standards, it was a horrendous game. Those are stats you expect out of Trevor Siemian... the 2016 version, not the 2017 version that's going to pass for 5000+ yards and 40+ TD's ;)

No picks. No fumbles. The Pats offence scored 27 points. Competent, but agreed it's not up to Brady's standards. Brady's standards and NFL standards are two very different things.

I get that some people hype everything negative about Brady. But horrendous?

Since you used 2016 Siemian as a comparable Brady threw for 25 more yards than Siemian averaged last year. Siemian was a little under a pick a game last year (0.71 INT/game).

Brady's game last night was more fairly Sam Bradford/Eli Manning range. Still not the standard Brady has set for himself but no where near as bad as 2016 Trevor Siemian.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
There's nothing better than seeing the Pats lose.

Gonna be a tough go for my Broncos in the AFC West this season. Siemian is going to have to channel Peyton Manning if we want to compete with the Raiders and Chiefs.

Broncos are in tough. Don't see anyone catching the Raiders in the AFC West unless Carr gets hurt.

I'm a quietly optimistic Redskins fan. Cousins is playing for a bigger payday next year. I think the Cowboys will have a tough time with Zeke Elliott out. Good for Washington that Elliott gets to play game one. The last game of his suspension will be when they play each other in week eight. Giants are on a downhill slide and the Eagles will only go as far as Wentz can take them.

Not saying the Redskins are world beaters, but they have a decent chance to win a pretty mediocre division.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Broncos are in tough. Don't see anyone catching the Raiders in the AFC West unless Carr gets hurt.

I'm a quietly optimistic Redskins fan. Cousins is playing for a bigger payday next year. I think the Cowboys will have a tough time with Zeke Elliott out. Good for Washington that Elliott gets to play game one. The last game of his suspension will be when they play each other in week eight. Giants are on a downhill slide and the Eagles will only go as far as Wentz can take them.

Not saying the Redskins are world beaters, but they have a decent chance to win a pretty mediocre division.

Welcome to the club! I didn't think there were any other Redskins fans north of the 49th parallel. Though maybe we're still not in the same club, because I don't know how optimistic I am. I'm not as bullish on the Cowboys as the rest of the world seems to be, and neither the Giants or Eagles scare me. But our defensive front 7 is awful. In all honesty, I'm also not sure what the offense is going to look like this year. We still have a good OLine, but I don't think you can simply replace Jackson and Garcon with Pryor and Doctson and expect the same things from the offense as good as those two receivers are. As for Cousins, I'm worried there too. His payday is coming next year even if he falls back from his last 2 seasons. QBs are in too high a demand, and he has 2 great recent years to point to.

Last edited:

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Welcome to the club! I didn't think there were any other Redskins fans north of the 29th parallel. Though maybe we're still not in the same club, because I don't know how optimistic I am. I'm not as bullish on the Cowboys as the rest of the world seems to be, and neither the Giants or Eagles scare me. But our defensive front 7 is awful. In all honesty, I'm also not sure what the offense is going to look like this year. We still have a good OLine, but I don't think you can simply replace Jackson and Garcon with Pryor and Doctson and expect the same things from the offense as good as those two receivers are. As for Cousins, I'm worried there too. His payday is coming next year even if he falls back from his last 2 seasons. QBs are in too high a demand, and he has 2 great recent years to point to.

I went to grad school in the district. Washington gets into the Redskins during the playoffs like Edmonton did for the Oilers run in the spring. The feeling in both cities was just infectious. I've been a Redskins fan ever since.

Damn! Zeke Elliott just won an injunction against the league so his suspension is to be determined. That changes everything. With Elliott out defences can focus on Prescott and provide a level of pressure he never had to deal with consistently last season. With Elliott in the lineup Prescott has a lot more freedom.

I think the Redskins are going to finish anywhere from 7-9 to 10-6 with a really lucky season. 9-7 could win the division if they get some breaks.

I have a feeling Pryor and Doctson will surprise. My fear is that Cousins will struggle without Sean McVay as his OC and he ends up disappointing. Cousins is done in Washington. He and management loathe each other. I hope he can rise above and get the team into the playoffs.

Last edited:

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
Which team does everyone on here root for? I'm guessing Seahawks? see a lot of seahawks hats on u of a campus

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Which team does everyone on here root for? I'm guessing Seahawks? see a lot of seahawks hats on u of a campus

Houston Texans fan actually though I haven't kept up with the NFL as much as I used to....we probably will have another mediocre finish for the season and squeak into the playoffs since we play in a weak division.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
No QB looks good if he's under pressure all game long.

Pats O-line was brutal.

This. O-Line was Swiss cheese in the 4th. Couple that with Eric Berry virtually eliminating Gronk from the game, and there wasn't a whole lot of rhythm to that offence. And Brady was a little off (aside from the pressure that forced some throws).

Game 8

Mar 8, 2003

Cardinals, season ticket holder as well. This likely wont be our best year lol.

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Well my Jags D showed up today in a big way, 10 sacks, 3 forced fumbles(one ran back for a TD) and an INT.

Solid win to start the year!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad