NFL: 2017 NFL Season News & Notes Discussion Thread (Bucs keep Koetter/GB signs Adams)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I call BS on that call to postpone it.

There's so many ways they could have gotten around it; play the game tomorrow or friday, move the game to a neutral site for a monday night tripleheader, move the game to New Orleans, Pittsburgh, or Philly.

So now, both the Dolphins and Bucs lose their bye week, even more so for Miami since they have to also travel to London this season.

**** this league quite honestly.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Agreed. One of the most powerful hurricanes on record is just a minor inconvenience anyway. Football is made to be played in the elements. Hold it as scheduled.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I call BS on that call to postpone it.

There's so many ways they could have gotten around it; play the game tomorrow or friday, move the game to a neutral site for a monday night tripleheader, move the game to New Orleans, Pittsburgh, or Philly.

So now, both the Dolphins and Bucs lose their bye week, even more so for Miami since they have to also travel to London this season.

**** this league quite honestly.

If they move to a neutral site, Miami would only have 6 home games this year, screw that.

It's pretty likely the team employees have to evacuate their families. They need to postpone so they can make sure their families are safe.

Why should they have to deal with this if people with 'regular jobs' don't?

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
So play the game while hurricane Irma is in the process of hitting their community, family/friends and houses? Do you think you'd want to play or work a thousand miles away while a major hurricane devistates your city? Players health could be at risk if they had to play this weekend with their minds elsewhere. There is no perfect solution but you can't control mother nature or expect the players to act like emotionless robots.

If you actually care about the players health you should ask the NFL to get rid of the stupid Thursday night games.

How is that any different than what the Houston Texan players are going through? Theyre still playing this weekend. The players are still going to have a lot on their minds in Week 2.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
How is that any different than what the Houston Texan players are going through? Theyre still playing this weekend. The players are still going to have a lot on their minds in Week 2.

The Texans are playing at home, and there isn't a hurricane coming through the city of Houston around the same time as the game.

There's quite a difference.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know what else the NFL could've done but not having a bye week is brutal for the Dolphins and Bucs.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
man Eli Manning is old now. Here's a classic.

Eli+wrecked.jpg

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Damn Eli is 36 , Rivers is 35 and Big Ben is 36

All 3 probably HOF's and it feels like it was only yesterday that draft occurred (Manning and Big Ben are locks , Rivers probably gets in like Fouts)

Also LOL Buffalo for selecting Losman in 1st round that year. He has now been out of NFL for 6 years and his last professional football start was with Las Vegas Locomotives of UFL in 2010 (Last NFL start was 2008)

The 5 highest selected QB's in that years draft

Manning (1st overall) = 320 TD's
Phillip Rivers (4th overall) = 314 TD's
Ben Roethlisberger (11th overall) = 301 TD's
Matt Schaub (90th overall) = 133 TD's
J.P. Losman (22nd overall) = 33 TD's

Schaub alone has almost as many TD's passes then all 9 QB's drafted by Bills over last 32 years at draft (140 TD passes between them)

Cardale Jones (4th Round pick in 2016) = 0 TD's
EJ Manuel (1st round pick in 2013) = 19 TD's
Levi Brown (7th round pick in 2010) = 0 TD's
Trent Edwards (3rd round pick in 2007) = 26 TD's
JP Losman (1st round pick in 2004) = 33 TD's
Todd Collins (2nd round pick in 1995) = 22 TD's
Matt Rodgers (12th round pick in 1992) = 0 TD's
Brian McClure (12th round pick in 1986) = 0 TD's (3 INT's in his only NFL game/start)
Frank Reich (3rd round pick in 1985) = 40 TD's

Man that is 32 years of nothing out of QB position at draft. Even bad teams like Bears selected guys like Harbaugh , Orton and Grossman who had some levels of success in NFL as #1's

Guess that explains why Bills have been irrelevant for so long now

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I'm looking forward to the day that the Pats don't have an absolute cakewalk in the AFC East

Not sure it will ever come

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I'm looking forward to the day that the Pats don't have an absolute cakewalk in the AFC East

Not sure it will ever come

I only see one way: Garoppolo leaves for another team (Will the Pats really franchise him for 2018 if Brady is still intent on playing and he is still a high end starter?) and then Brady retires 1-2 years afterwards. And then Belichick retires (he'll be 66 in April, is he really coaching into his 70's?).

If they manage to keep Jimmy G happy, and considering the staggering lol fest that is the other 3 AFC East teams, they may very well put in another 5-10 years of dominance. And that is assuming Belichick retires at some point.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I only see one way: Garoppolo leaves for another team (Will the Pats really franchise him for 2018 if Brady is still intent on playing and he is still a high end starter?) and then Brady retires 1-2 years afterwards. And then Belichick retires (he'll be 66 in April, is he really coaching into his 70's?).

If they manage to keep Jimmy G happy, and considering the staggering lol fest that is the other 3 AFC East teams, they may very well put in another 5-10 years of dominance. And that is assuming Belichick retires at some point.

Jimmy G can't hold Brady's towel. Once Brady retires, the Pats fall back to the AFC East pack. Belichick the GM is often saved by Brady and Belichick the coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad