NFL GDT: 2017 NFC Divisional Round: (1) Dallas Cowboys vs (4) Green Bay Packers

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That exact situation is literally in the rulebook so I don't see how it'd be a mistake. There is nothing about deception in there. Here's the note:

Note: The intent of the rule is to prevent teams from using simulated substitutions to confuse an opponent, while still permitting a player (or players) to enter and leave without participating in a play in certain situations, such as a change in a coaching decision on fourth down, even though he has approached the huddle and communicated with a teammate. Similarly, if a player who participated in the previous play leaves the playing field by mistake, and returns to the playing field prior to the snap, he is not required to reach the inside of the field numerals, provided that the defense has the opportunity to match up with him. However, a substitute (i.e., someone who did not participate in the previous play) is required to reach the inside of the field numerals.

Pereira also agreed that it was a good call.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Oh I'm not upset over it.
Still was plenty of game left to determine the fate of the game.

Just found it interesting.

Oct 18, 2011

refs should not be allowed to influence games this way.

cowboys offense was moving the ball very well and it was completely derailed, i know it's "one play" but it really did effect the game. It just came off like the refs were LOOKING to call that, and the best refs just manage the game.

Corrente and his crew did not manage the game, they did a god awful job the only OL holding all game was called on Dallas and the Packers did it all game(cowboys OL did as well, my point is consistency)

I suppose it bothers me that a nothing thing can cost a team 15 yards, but a cowboys DL getting tackled from behind while trying to get to the QB on the 3rd and 20 is ignored...leaves a bitter taste, that's all

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
refs should not be allowed to influence games this way.

cowboys offense was moving the ball very well and it was completely derailed, i know it's "one play" but it really did effect the game. It just came off like the refs were LOOKING to call that, and the best refs just manage the game.

Corrente and his crew did not manage the game, they did a god awful job the only OL holding all game was called on Dallas and the Packers did it all game(cowboys OL did as well, my point is consistency)

I suppose it bothers me that a nothing thing can cost a team 15 yards, but a cowboys DL getting tackled from behind while trying to get to the QB on the 3rd and 20 is ignored...leaves a bitter taste, that's all

That truly was a painful defeat. I fully agree with your post. It changed the momentum immediately. At the end of the day though, we lost to a hall of fame QB, who made one of the sickest throws that only he can make. Top 5 QB of all time. The good news is, the Cowboys are going to be strong contenders going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad