NFL GDT: 2017 NFC Divisional Round: (1) Dallas Cowboys vs (4) Green Bay Packers

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
defeat has a bitter taste I see... the game was won by the team with more clutch and you may get use to this bcz Dak & Zeke are pure chokers (as witnessed)

You don't have a clue what you're talking about, and don't know what the definition of a choker even means.

Two rookies playing in their first ever NFL playoff game trailing by 15 points to tie the game late in the fourth quarter (twice) is the exact opposite of a choke job.

If anything, I'd say the Cowboys defense, some questionable coaching decisions and Brice Butler let them down this game.

If you were to label Butler as a choker, I would have to agree with you on that one, but Dak and Zeke are going to be great players in this league.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

defeat has a bitter taste I see... the game was won by the team with more clutch and you may get use to this bcz Dak & Zeke are pure chokers (as witnessed)

Stupid post is .... stupid.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Dak threw for 300 yards and 3 TD's, Zeke ran for 125. Not sure how you can blame either of them. Dallas just has a bad secondary that was exposed by a HOF QB, calling two rookies chokers after they put up a combined almost 450 yards in their first playoff game seems uneducated or just a bad attempt at trolling

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I thought both quarterbacks made some dumb decision and probably should have been intercepted more than once. The officiating was fine.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Now Dak is a game manager. A lot of bad QB takes as usual.

The label has been around since his college days, and for good reason. He's not a downfield thrower. He primarily makes his yards up in short passing. He's very good at it and has the potential to be more, though, if he can improve. It's not like it's really a bad thing behind that line and with Zeke. But let's not pretend he's some great downfield QB.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
This season was absolutely crazy. when Romo went down I thought we had 0 chance to do anything or was hoping to win a couple games so we would have a shot. Dak/Zeke opens up our window more. Gotta lock up Martin for more years to come and all of our core is locked up. Our rookies were amazing and hopefully they progress with another year and Jaylon Smith coming.

Going to be an interesting offseason.

Wilcox, Claiborne, Church and all FA's. Carr will be back since he has a 3m team option. Scandrick, Brown and Byron Jones will be. We've realized Gregory/Lawerence can't be depended on for a DEnd position. hopefully we find a #2 WR, a TE to groom and a RT to groom for the future. focus mostly on the defensive side of the ball.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
tom brady primarily makes his yards up in short passing, too.

Yeah, I don't get the narrative about Dak. He takes what they give him, he also made throws down the field as well. Essentialy, if the D is allowing the receivers to get open in the slot you deliver the ball rather than forcing it into coverage down the field. Always make the higher percentage play, if it's good enough for the best QB in the league it's good enough for Dak.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
And Dak has the best OL and one of the best (if not the best) RBs in the league. He's a very good game manager.

That same o-line took the Cowboys to a 4-12 record last season when McFadden was 4th in rushing. Zeke is awesome, and the o-line is great. No question there, but Dak was great in his own right during the season and even yesterday. He made a number of great plays to make the game winnable.

The label has been around since his college days, and for good reason. He's not a downfield thrower. He primarily makes his yards up in short passing. He's very good at it and has the potential to be more, though, if he can improve. It's not like it's really a bad thing behind that line and with Zeke. But let's not pretend he's some great downfield QB.

Every QB makes up most of their passing yards from short throws. Brady's throw charts all look identical to Dak's. Trust me. I've been watching this fight all season from the Romo lovers. They are all sure Dak never throws downfield, and they're also sure every pass Romo throws is a 20 yard TD. Well, let's compare the numbers. Dak vs Romo's great 2014 season.

This isn't so much about playing the gottaberightus game. The truth is fans think good QBs throw downfield more often than they really do.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

No it hasn't. He was a "running QB". So every QB who relies on the intermediate passing game is a game manager now?

Oct 18, 2011
And Dak has the best OL and one of the best (if not the best) RBs in the league. He's a very good game manager.
That is a nice hot take. Dak has weapons but the kid is the real deal and will only get better this summer as more plays are added to the playbook. He didn't even get a full training camp as the starter

Oct 18, 2011
I'm still incredibly pissed at McCarthy trying to run out the clock from the 35 yard line when Dallas had 3 timeouts left.

Im pissed Garrett sacrificed a down when he didn't need to and we were moving the ball down field. It let the Packers D regroup. It was like Garrett was fine with just getting a fg.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Im pissed Garrett sacrificed a down when he didn't need to and we were moving the ball down field. It let the Packers D regroup. It was like Garrett was fine with just getting a fg.

McCarthy did the same thing.

Run with Montgomery on 1st and 10 gained a couple yards, Cowboys call timeout.
Run with Montgomery that gets blown up for a 6 yard loss, Cowboys call timeout.

Now it's a 3rd and 14, the Cowboys still have 1 timeout and it's going to be difficult to pick up a 1st down. You have an MVP QB, a team with 3 timeouts and are on the fringes of field goal range and you're running plays like you're inside the 20 and the opponent only has 1 timeout left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad