2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts | Part 2 | Disappointment Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
This is my collection of Senators hats, I refuse to buy anything with the 3D logo. Would have preferred if the eyelets were red on the black 2D hat and black on the red 2D hat.

X29GMiA.jpg

I bought one with the 3D logo for a few bucks when Lids had one of their ridiculous clearance sales. I think the price of hats these days is outrageous. Most hats are 30-40 dollars new. I try to stock up on whatever I can find on clearance for under 10 bucks.

For anybody looking for a Sens hat, quite a few local Winners locations have red Heritage logo hats for 20 bucks. I don't remember the make. It might have been Mitchell and Ness. Going off memory, it might be this one.

s-l1600.jpg

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Ew, Fanatics are making the draft caps now?

Hard pass. I refuse to buy anything from that garbage company.

Yeah all of their stuff seems really cheesy ever since they got into the "making stuff" game. Honestly the only hats I own nowadays are New Era, I just like them way too much. They feel like quality, and they're simple.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yeah all of their stuff seems really cheesy ever since they got into the "making stuff" game.

If by "cheesy", you mean "as cheap and flimsy as they can possibly get away with without infringing on some minimum quality clause in their licensing agreements", then yes.

Honestly the only hats I own nowadays are New Era, I just like them way too much. They feel like quality, and they're simple.

That's because New Era still cares about quality, and their stuff is generally awesome.

I wish they made more low-profile 5950's these days, though. I hate the modern super-high crowns on the caps these days. :(

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Anyone else notice this hat didnt appear last night and that the colour and logo of the one we used was different....some speculating we were supposed to roll out a new look which got nixed at the last minute.

1704050871_5800928065001_5800929357001-vs.jpg

You're right. I wonder what the deal is with that.

Initially, I did not think the =O= on the draft hat was an indication of anything. We've been using that logo as our primary in almost all media this season, and the production for these draft hats likely began well before the draft.

With the team possibly entering a new era with Stone/Duchene and maybe Tkachuk/Chabot as the most popular players, and Karlsson probably shipped off, it'd be an appropriate time for an updated look for the team.

Reactions: NB613 and Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
1704050871_5800928065001_5800929357001-vs.jpg

You're right. I wonder what the deal is with that.

Initially, I did not think the =O= on the draft hat was an indication of anything. We've been using that logo as our primary in almost all media this season, and the production for these draft hats likely began well before the draft.

With the team possibly entering a new era with Stone/Duchene and maybe Tkachuk/Chabot as the most popular players, and Karlsson probably shipped off, it'd be an appropriate time for an updated look for the team.

Thought it was red by memory which was incorrect but was sure of the logo being different...maybe something there maybe not...kept seeing 3 new sweaters to be revealed on Twitter but thought i only saw Arizona and Carolina?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If by "cheesy", you mean "as cheap and flimsy as they can possibly get away with without infringing on some minimum quality clause in their licensing agreements", then yes.

That's because New Era still cares about quality, and their stuff is generally awesome.

I wish they made more low-profile 5950's these days, though. I hate the modern super-high crowns on the caps these days. :(
Yup unfortunately. Ive resorted to seeking out 3930's because of it but theyre flex banded so theyre more limiting in size.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
The amount of 'No bids' on that page is staggering in the best way.

It's bad marketing. I had no idea they were doing auctions for jerseys and I am probably considered to be a hardcore fan given I post on a Senators web forum and follow the team daily. So how do even casual fans find out about those auctions?

If they aren't making an effort to market those auctions, they should just pay the 15 percent or whatever it is to put them on eBay where they'll be seen by eBay's userbase who actively look for this stuff. Obscure NHLers game worn jerseys often sell for 100 USD+ easily. I'm guessing if they are using Shopify or some other shopping solution, they are paying a fee anyways. Maybe it's not quite as high as eBay+Paypal, but with eBay part of what you're paying for is the eyeballs on the site.

That or, the amount of crap they have lying around, would it not be better to do give aways and other fan initiatives? A 4 year old David Legwand jersey might clear them 50-70 bucks after whatever labour and auction fees they are paying. Even if it's a C or D level player, how thrilled would a fan be to win a game worn jersey at a game or a Senators event?

(edit: On further observation that looks to be a charity auction, so at least that's a good use of the Legwand jerseys....)
(edit 2: 10 percent of the net proceeds? LOL. So we're talking like 10 bucks per Legwand jersey?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad