NFL Draft: 2017 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
maybe should have drafted corner in this draft for the browns who really need one or two but overall i'm pretty happy with my picks.

Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M

Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State

DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss

Caleb Brantley, DT, Florida

Dalvin Tomlinson, DT, Alabama

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Ravens are done.

John Ross, WR, Washington (they have Mike Wallace at the top of their WR depth chart)

Tim Williams, EDGE, Alabama (Suggs is getting old, and Dumervil was released)

Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma (Dixon is suspended, Woodhead is old, West doesn't have much upside, Taliaferro is probably cut, Allen isn't good)

Jaleel Johnson, DE, Iowa (they traded Timmy Jernigan)

David Sharpe, OT, Florida (they lost Rick Wagner in free agency)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
+1 for the Blazing Saddles reference on the last pick Hasbro

blazing10.gif

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
maybe should have drafted corner in this draft for the browns who really need one or two but overall i'm pretty happy with my picks.

Impressive crop ya got

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Holy crap. That's an incredible draft.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

that's....a GREAT haul. It's POSSIBLE you get the best player at 5 different positions, if they all reach their ceiling. You're hired.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The Panthers are done too.

OJ Howard TE
Cam Robinson OT
Marlon Mack RB
ArDarius Stewart WR

I kinda got stuck in the 4th. I wanted to draft a DE, but there wasn't anyone that caught my eye so I just went WR. Still relatively happy with how it turned out.

canucks10

Jan 15, 2014
Over the Rainbow
Seattle also finished

Malik McDowell, DT, Michigan State
Budda Baker, S, Washington
Roderick Johnson, OT, FSU
Howard Wilson, CB, Houston
Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M
Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State

Overall pleased with my draft maybe should have taken a corner earlier.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Vikings are done:

2. Dan Feeney, G, Indiana - Vikings most glaring need was on the OL and used their first pick to beef it up. Could potentially start at RG Day 1.

3. D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas - The Adrian Peterson era is over and Foreman could be his "replacement" down the line after platooning with Latavius Murray for a year or 2.

3. Marcus Maye, S, Florida - One of the best players left on the board at the time and hopefully can be the first competent Safety Harrison Smith has ever had play next to him.

4. Zach Banner, OT, USC - adding more depth to a bad OL.

4. Dede Westbrook, WR, Oklahoma - was originally planning to go defense with this pick but Westbrook was BPA and it's not like the Vikings can't use another WR. Patterson and Johnson left in FA, while 2016 first rounder Laquon Treadwell spent last season in witness protection.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
thanks guys. early draft position and extra picks helped but my (homerish) opinion is that i got steals on hooker, engram, brantley and tomlinson. i didn't expect to get hooker at all (same with engram; my early 2nd would be for QB) and didn't expect to get those dlineman where i got them. could be great draft even if kizer busts. but then again, i passed on trubisky..

not as happy with lions but i think i did okay.

Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee

Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida

Josh Jones, S, NC State

Chad Hansen, WR, California

barnett and davis were no-brainers, thrilled i got them (though i was high on wormley too). might have reached a bit on josh jones but i wanted someone to boost the secondary and felt he was the best player out there. justin evans, jaleel johnson and rasul douglas were other players i considered there. i wanted another receiving option and i think i could've gotten better DL than WR in the later rounds so i went with hansen. would've taken westbrook if not for the domestic violence thing.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
The Jaguars are done

Half-Back Leonard Fournette, LSU

Offensive Tackle Garret Bolles, Utah

Corner Back Chidobe Awuzie, Colorado

Defensive End Daeshon Hall, aTm

Gene, tell me why my draft class sucks and why the Jaguars will still be a 3-4 win team next season.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
^ I could see the Panthers taking all 4 of those guys (I probably would have taken Fournette if you didn't, and I considered Bolles but only if I didn't trade up). Some talk about taking a CB in the middle rounds for Worley insurance in case he doesn't progress, but I'd rather see them fill other holes.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well Bears have wrapped up our draft

1st round - DE Jonathan Allen - Alabama (3rd overall)
1st round - QB Mitch Turbinsky - North Carolina (30th overall)
4th round = WR Kenny Golladay - Northern Illinois (111th overall)
4th round = CB Damontae Kazee - San Diego State (117th overall)
4th round = S Josh Harvey-Clemons - Louisville (135th overall)

I feel Harvey-Clemons could be a real player if he ever gets his head on straight

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008

Nice work on the draft. I really like your first two picks, although they are the ones I know the most about. If Kizer becomes a good starting QB down the road this would be a phenomenal job.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Atlanta's draft was as follows:

1st round-Forrest Lamp-OL-Was a shutdown LT at WKU, expected to move inside at least as a rookie and step in as a starter. Could move outside in time, or become the next Zac Martin

2nd round-Demarcus Walker-DE-2nd in sacks and 8th in TFL in all of college football at Florida St. If the Falcons want to close games out, they need more pressure from their DE's.

3rd round-Carlos Walkins-DT-10 1/2 sacks from the tackle position, more of what the Falcons need to add to their young defense.

4th round-TJ Logan-RB-Despite having Freeman and Coleman, adding a 3rd option that can catch the ball out of the backfield PLUS return kicks caught my eye. They lost their KR/PR in Weems and Freeman's agent keeps talking about free agency. Good long term insurance policy and fills a current hole on special teams. Fastest RB in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad