NFL Draft: 2017 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Was thinking about adding more to the OL with the last pick, but this is a weak OL draft and I'm tired of the Vikings ignoring finding an upgrade at S next to Smith and continuing to trot out Andrew Sendejo. Maye was also one of my BPA.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I haven't been following this thread since I had a huge gap between picks, but since I've been pretty vocal about him, I'll weigh in and say that Baltimore is one of the teams that I could definitely see drafting him, especially at that spot.

I was thinking the exact oppositve actually.

Baltimore of all teams would seem to be a team that would want to avoid him given the Ray Rice fiasco. Why would they want to bring in another RB with an ugly history of female abuse? Would definitely be a bad PR look (although that's never stopped the NFL I suppose)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was thinking the exact oppositve actually.

Baltimore of all teams would seem to be a team that would want to avoid him given the Ray Rice fiasco. Why would they want to bring in another RB with an ugly history of female abuse? Would definitely be a bad PR look (although that's never stopped the NFL I suppose)

Yeah, I don't think he's a realistic target for them given the Rice thingy. But their running backs on their roster are not good.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If they wanted to, they could hire Rice as some sort of player/community relations guy as a way to get him back into football and give him a 2nd chance as well. Kind of coming back full circle?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Congrats to David Webb, first player to be selected twice.

Don't know why people are even bothering taking quarterbacks here to begin with, unless you expect them to play.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Not going with this for a pic GKJ?

lead_large.jpg

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah I'm ready and waiting for the next pick, even though you demons took every player I was interested in (Walker and Anzalone both hurt! Right in the gut!))

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Recap of the Titans Draft:

1st Round Pick (#5 Overall) – Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
With their first choice in the draft, the Titans fill a major area of need with Davis at the WR position. A lot of fans are scratching their heads at this pick though; Davis has missed the Senior Bowl, Combine, and his March 15th Pro Day. If the Titans had this pick again, we’d probably go a different direction. Davis is a big question mark right now.

2nd Round Pick (#33 Overall) – Tre’Davious White, CB LSU
White’s stock has been rising before the draft after running another 4.47 time at the LSU Pro Day. The Titans traded back out of the 1st round to select White, picking up a much needed corner and some additional picks for help at other positions. With a glut of potential elite DB’s in this draft (similar to the talented WR class of ’16), Titans fans will be excited that the team was able to select one.

2nd Round Pick (#59 Overall) – Sidney Jones, CB UW
…Make that two corners. Jones slid in this year’s draft due to an Achilles tear but projected to be the #1 corner on the board. With recent FA moves and the selection of White, the Titans will be able to slowly work Jones back from injury. The secondary in TN started out the offseason as a weakness; if Jones and White pan out the CB positions could be taken care of for years to come.

3rd Round Pick (#65 Overall) – Adam Shaheen, TE Ashland
With the first pick in round 3, the Titans selected Shaheen – a very little known TE physical specimen out of division 2. Shaheen’s stature impressed teams (6’6, 278 lbs, 4.7 speed), but many scouts will be curious to see how he performs when he doesn’t physically outsize his opponents at the NFL level. Nonetheless, he will give Marcus Mariota a huge red zone and middle-of-the-field target.

3rd Round Pick (#100 Overall) – Justin Evans, S Texas A&M
The Titans again try to bolster their secondary in the 3rd round, picking up the rangy Evans out of A&M. He’ll be a good fit as a safety who plays close to the line of scrimmage and can deliver big hits. In the Pros he will need to prove he can replicate his college success against much bigger opponents, while Evans stature is small.

4th Round Pick (#108 Overall) – Josh Malone, WR, UT
The Titans again select a WR to bolster their corp, going with the hometown hero Josh Malone out of UT. Malone’s stock has risen in the past 1-2 weeks with some pundits projecting him in the 2nd round. According to Malone he felt “Underrated” in the draft process. A big WR with good hands – he will be given every opportunity to make the roster.

Overall I'd give myself a B-

The Corey Davis pick was awful looking back right now...But picking up Jones was a steal in the 2nd. Shaheen probably makes or breaks this group.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00