2017 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Nationals and Giants about to mess up the MLB season

Rained out tonight, likely won't play tomorrow with rain all day and try and do a doubleheader Sunday and probably may or may not have to makeup last game after last day of season

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i can't even begin to express how disappointed i am in them being such big cry babies over this.

the worst is the "need a front-line starting pitcher" like...uh guys? there aren't any. i'm not paying an arm and a leg for 10 starts from darvish and gray really isn't distinguishable from what they already have.

the astros are acting like a bunch of kids who have a plate full of food and are pissed off because their parents won't get them dessert. **** off.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Don't know what's more embarrassing. Giving up 10 runs in 4 innings to the Reds or only managing 2 in 5 innings against Homer Bailey.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
the worst is the "need a front-line starting pitcher" like...uh guys? there aren't any. i'm not paying an arm and a leg for 10 starts from darvish and gray really isn't distinguishable from what they already have.

the astros are acting like a bunch of kids who have a plate full of food and are pissed off because their parents won't get them dessert. **** off.

Maybe not Gray/Darvish, but Lance Lynn would have been a decent add.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Royals about to lose to the suddenly red hot White Sox with Duffy starting the game.

Man, the Twins may really grab this 2nd WC spot....

If not them, the Angels with their patchwork rotation of which I have trouble naming more than 3 pitchers (Skaggs, Ramirez, Nolasco...?)

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Chapman man... guy is going full Steve Dalkowski lately. Get nervous the moment he hits the field.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
sheehan has been on the naysayers w/r/t the astros talking about how the team itself is fine and that adding a big piece doesn't even make them a sure thing. he brought up verlander in his latest third third preview (his newsletter is one of the best things i pay money for and you're reading the words of a man who gets pedicures)

There is simply no formula. Justin Verlander? The last time Verlander was on a playoff team he was in a rotation with David Price and Max Scherzer. The fourth starter? The fourth starter didn’t matter, because the Tigers were eliminated in three games by Chris Tillman, Bud Norris, and Wei-Yin Chen.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
good lord Rich Hill just took one way too high, went straight to the ground. he got up and went to 1st, that looked scary. his neck is all red

Astros try, but still fail, 6-4

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Ricky Nolasco doing his best to keep the Angels out of a wild card spot. Just gave up his 30th long ball of the year

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Astros have fallen and we're waiting for them to get up.

Better effort tonight, but....... They are just tempting the Angels/Mariners to make things interesting in that division. I mean, is this gonna get into a single digit division lead before September?

Seattle..... OK, so Felix and Paxton are on the DL, but their bats have carried them since the break.

They have the best record in the AL since the break.

Hear those footsteps, Houston? They're getting louder and louder everyday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad