2017 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol @ price acting like a baby

grow up and handle the criticism like a man. and yeah, he wishes he could have eck's career

Sep 19, 2008
It comes off as he can't take any sort of criticism. Standing up for your teammate who just got criticized by Eck is one thing, but take the higher road and approach him in private. To do what he did is just immature, even if the team is fully behind him.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
all eckersley did was say "yuck" when they posted the line from an eduardo rodriguez rehab start.

that's apparently "not knowing how hard it is" to some. that's right, a guy whose wife left him for a teammate doesn't know how hard the game is.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The White Sox always seem to find a way against the Cubs.

What's a hockey equivalent where a good team always had fits against a bad team?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
all eckersley did was say "yuck" when they posted the line from an eduardo rodriguez rehab start.

that's apparently "not knowing how hard it is" to some. that's right, a guy whose wife left him for a teammate doesn't know how hard the game is.
While I believe a guy like Kershaw has questionable playoff stats because of variance and sample size, I think it's clear Price's are because he is just a mental midget who focuses on the wrong ****.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
While I believe a guy like Kershaw has questionable playoff stats because of variance and sample size, I think it's clear Price's are because he is just a mental midget who focuses on the wrong ****.

Kershaw's a standup guy who doesn't make excuses.

I know some of us on here poked fun at Jake Arrieta when he got lit up by the Mets in the 2015 NLCS, but at least he was anything but a mental midget in the World Series last year (and of course the HR off Bumgarner). He

I mean, hell, at least Kershaw has more playoff wins as a starter than Price.

How much happier you think Price would be if he had stayed in Toronto?

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

I know some of us on here poked fun at Jake Arrieta when he got lit up by the Mets in the 2015 NLCS, but at least he was anything but a mental midget in the World Series last year (and of course the HR off Bumgarner). He

Not sure. He does seem to enjoy pitching and getting paid without the stress and pressure of a toug market. Him attempting to justify his actions as defending his teammates is laughable. And the teammates who applauded his actions are just as bad. I don't see them going far if they're this soft mentally.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Kinda awesome watching a storm in the beginning process start to take shape. I was watching the Astros feed and it was almost like they were bracing for a hurricane.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Senzatela throws like 2 pitches and doesn't have control in any of them, that's not good.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI

I picture Price going after guys like Greg Zaun just the same :laugh:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Stanton is on a frightening run right now.

I am done trying to predict the fortunes of the Rays/Rangers/Royals/Mariners/Orioles/Angels this year. When I think they will zig, they zag. When I feel they will zag, they zig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad