2017 MLB Regular Season Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
May be a bit of an overreaction but this could be the Brewers season this week

On road at Washington (Cubs play white sox)

Then home vs Cubs

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
May be a bit of an overreaction but this could be the Brewers season this week

On road at Washington (Cubs play white sox)

Then home vs Cubs

If I'm them I'm buying hard and getting a big name starter by the deadline. You know the Cubs are looking to add. Cards are still around sane with Pitt.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Well will you look at that?

Cubs now leading the Central and gifted the tire fire that is the White Sox. Just look at it.

You know, I hate to say it, but I for one like this approach being used by Maddon. Keep this team fresh, play just good enough to stay close, then turn it on towards the end. It's strategy.

Why, you have all these teams playing their hearts out, yet, here are your World Champions, just taking it easy until the playoffs. I love it. It's refreshing, like mint, to see this type of outside the box thinking.

Now, surely, you need a team as good as the Cubs to pull it off tho #mikebradysidelook

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Well will you look at that?

Cubs now leading the Central and gifted the tire fire that is the White Sox. Just look at it.

You know, I hate to say it, but I for one like this approach being used by Maddon. Keep this team fresh, play just good enough to stay close, then turn it on towards the end. It's strategy.

Why, you have all these teams playing their hearts out, yet, here are your World Champions, just taking it easy until the playoffs. I love it. It's refreshing, like mint, to see this type of outside the box thinking.

Now, surely, you need a team as good as the Cubs to pull it off tho #mikebradysidelook

Lol it's too bad the Cubs don't play in the NL east or NL west. We wouldn't even be talking about the Cubs then

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014
If I'm them I'm buying hard and getting a big name starter by the deadline. You know the Cubs are looking to add. Cards are still around sane with Pitt.

The smart move for the Brewers is to sell. They aren't going anywhere this year but have a promising future.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Lol it's too bad the Cubs don't play in the NL east or NL west. We wouldn't even be talking about the Cubs then
Chances are if they did they would have taken things a bit more seriously. It's neither here nor there.

What is great tho, is that they are leading the Central. I like the Cubs chances over the field. Too much talent.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014

But they don't play in those divisions.

Cubs vs an injured Dusty Baker led Nationals team in the NLDS. I like their chances to at least get to the NLCS this year.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Chances are if they did they would have taken things a bit more seriously. It's neither here nor there.

What is great tho, is that they are leading the Central. I like the Cubs chances over the field. Too much talent.

Nationals are missing half their team and they still better the Cubs :laugh:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
But they don't play in those divisions.

Cubs vs an injured Dusty Baker led Nationals team in the NLDS. I like their chances to at least get to the NLCS this year.

Lol if that's so then why didn't they beat them when they played them? Nats and their injured lineup went to town on Arietta and lackey and were an out away from taking 3 of 4 or a hit away from a sweep

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Nationals are missing half their team and they still better the Cubs :laugh:
(Nods head)

Because the regular season means everything in the playoffs, or, that's what I was told here last year.

I'll take the Cubs in the playoffs over any Dusty Baker led team every day and twice on Sunday. World Champions, you know...

Sep 19, 2008
Boston Red Sox have always had clubhouse problems. First the whole beer and fried chicken in the clubhouse, now this :laugh: How about you conduct yourself with some DIGNITY and CLASS?

Smh

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ed-sox-pitcher-mocked-cursed-nesn-broadcaster

Price, according to the report, stood in front of Eckersley as the former pitcher boarded the plane and shouted, "Here he is -- the greatest pitcher who ever lived! This game is easy for him!"

Eckersley attempted to respond to Price, but the five-time All-Star shouted, "Get the [expletive] out of here," drawing applause from a group of players who were surrounding him at the time, according to the report.

Price again told Eckersley to "get the [expletive] out of here" later during the flight, when Eckersley got up to walk toward the front of the plane and passed through a section where many of the players were seated.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I know of a certain vet leftie that is on the block. Just happened to give the Dodgers a good show a couple days ago as well.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
You think Price would have been better off staying in Toronto? Until he went to the Red Sox, he was never known as a clubhouse issue in his first 3 MLB cities.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Boston Red Sox have always had clubhouse problems. First the whole beer and fried chicken in the clubhouse, now this :laugh: How about you conduct yourself with some DIGNITY and CLASS?

Smh

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ed-sox-pitcher-mocked-cursed-nesn-broadcaster

"In response to Sunday night's report by the Globe, Red Sox CEO Sam Kennedy told the paper that the organization "handled it internally in Toronto."

heh

Also, Price is being dragged on social media and being sat down and talked to blah blah blah, but what about the teammates who applauded him? This doesn't seem to just be Price v Eck

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Dennis Eckersley is a clown who has made a lot of dumb comments as an analyst though, I'm surprised people are sticking up for him.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Every time I look at the scoreboard, the Cubs are threatening as they trail 2-1. And they keep squandering it every single time.

The White Sox always get up for these Crosstown Cup games.

The Cubs have not won a season series against the White Sox since 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad