Prospect Info: 2017 Lightning Development Camp

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Watching Joseph, Gutmann, Lohin and Howden doing shooting practice. Gutmann has a lot of hustle and persistence. Scored a sneaky one on the goalie from a rebound.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Colton, Stephens, Katchouk, Somppi and Paquette doing puck handling drills. Colton very smooth with good control. Stephens good stick but not using whole body like coach wants. Katchouck sometimes loses control of puck. Somppi and Paquette were okay.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Hard to see everything. lol

Now watching Sergachev, Zuhldorf, Hajek, Perbix, and Volkov shoot. Sergachev best especially when pressed by coach. Volkov very solid.

Same group now moved to puck handling. Hajek does move nicely. Can tell who the newbies are as they don't know the drills well but fast learners.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Dang Sergachev has a bomb of a shot! Volkov's isn't quite as strong but crazy quick release. Perbix,Zuhldorf and Hajek also have good shots but Serg and Volkov are better.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Break until 2 then starts the 3 on 3 tournament. Watching this gives me a whole new appreciation for the coaches who keep track of these kids and their development.

Hope these posts are at least amusing. Sorry for not a very in depth analysis but this is my first year watching the fun :D

Will try to get some video of the 3 on 3 today. Not sure if I'll make it to tomorrow's tournament.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Break until 2 then starts the 3 on 3 tournament. Watching this gives me a whole new appreciation for the coaches who keep track of these kids and their development.

Hope these posts are at least amusing. Sorry for not a very in depth analysis but this is my first year watching the fun :D

Will try to get some video of the 3 on 3 today. Not sure if I'll make it to tomorrow's tournament.

Keep the posts coming. Helpful for those of us that can't be there, thanks for doing it. Get some videos please!

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Sometimes our organization is so bush league when it comes to certain things.

Apparently they are not streaming today, they meant tomorrow.

Other teams stream all of their stuff in HD with no issues. Development camp, prospect tourney, pre-season.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Telsacoilfan, you are awesome. Thanks for posting your thoughts on what you see, this is the best some of us are going to get to seeing it

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

Thanks for everything matey. Very nice from you to keep us up to date.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Telsacoilfan, you are awesome. Thanks for posting your thoughts on what you see, this is the best some of us are going to get to seeing it

Aw thanks. Is my pleasure.

The 3 on 3 are amazing and soooo fast. They use half the rink and have both sides going at once. Hard to keep track. Am videoing in 2 min bursts to save phone battery.

Next two teams are up.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Aw thanks. Is my pleasure.

The 3 on 3 are amazing and soooo fast. They use half the rink and have both sides going at once. Hard to keep track. Am videoing in 2 min bursts to save phone battery.

Next two teams are up.

Thanks for the updates. I know you're trying to watch guys who are standing out but does anybody just plain suck and look like they don't belong and have no shot? Your Saku Salminen award?

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Thanks for the updates. I know you're trying to watch guys who are standing out but does anybody just plain suck and look like they don't belong and have no shot? Your Saku Salminen award?

Hmm, that's harder. I can't really point to a total suckage player.

Goalies are pretty solid including the two invitees.

Of the seven defensemen I would say that none suck. Even the newest babies have some talent.

Now in the forwards there are a few who don't stand out as much as the others. Just kinda easy to overlook and not impressive. Lohin, Smith and Dow come to mind. Don't remember seeing Tammela at all.

But, of the invitees Hancock has been pretty good.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Hmm, that's harder. I can't really point to a total suckage player.

Goalies are pretty solid including the two invitees.

Of the seven defensemen I would say that none suck. Even the newest babies have some talent.

Now in the forwards there are a few who don't stand out as much as the others. Just kinda easy to overlook and not impressive. Lohin, Smith and Dow come to mind. Don't remember seeing Tammela at all.

But, of the invitees Hancock has been pretty good.

Tammela was hurt.

Can anyone post the clip of the cernak shootout goal? I'm on mobile. All I'm gonna say is that I told you ******* he can move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad