Prospect Info: 2017 Lightning Development Camp

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Isn't this the annual Saku Salminen tournament and he's not here? Really looking to see how Guttman and Walker look, two of the youngest and smallest guys but have a ton of skill. Still a few years away for either but think one of the two can emerge as a serious steal down the road.

Expect Volkov to look good, has a good frame, can skate and has a great motor. A less skilled Joseph is what I see or a more tenacious Killorn. Wish Sosunov would come over, want to see that monster next to the rest of the prospects.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
i guess going to calder cup for a lot of these players made so some are not going to camp i expected to see a few guys we wont see

Like who? Masin and Thomas are the only Crunch rookies I can think of who are missing. They'll be at the rookie camp right before training camp I'm sure. This is for guys who haven't played a pro season yet.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

No Oleg Sosunov too.

MacLeod hurt or attending classes so he graduated on time?

Two years in a row on Sosunov not attending, he's a long way out and we have his rights awhile so no rush. Was hoping he take the Salminen role as camp attendee with no chance of ever getting signed.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Despite being off for two months in the summer, the timing has never worked out for me to make it to the Development Camp before. Any suggestions, recommendations, tips for making the most of my time??

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I saw on the schedule that the forwards power practice would be at one rink and the defense at another. Those who have been to the facility, how close are the rinks and how easy/hard is it to move between them? I'm mostly interested in our defense and goalie prospects. Probably comes from having a Canadian dad who played goalie in hs and college. :laugh:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I saw on the schedule that the forwards power practice would be at one rink and the defense at another. Those who have been to the facility, how close are the rinks and how easy/hard is it to move between them? I'm mostly interested in our defense and goalie prospects. Probably comes from having a Canadian dad who played goalie in hs and college. :laugh:

The two practices are about 20 steps from each other. But you can't see both at the same time. Wonder how long before they move the practices from Brandon to the new facility...Brandon is a poop hole in comparison.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
The two practices are about 20 steps from each other. But you can't see both at the same time. Wonder how long before they move the practices from Brandon to the new facility...Brandon is a poop hole in comparison.

I actually like Brandon better as a player. The boards at Wesley chapel you practically have to mountain climb to get over.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm curious how the invitees will do:
Kevin Hancock ('98) scored 85 points in 68 games in his draft + 1 year. Was passed over in '16 and '17.
Cole Smith ('95) is a 6'3 NCAA forward who had pretty good high school/MJHL stats.
Bobby Dow ('98) is another NCAA prospect who went the CCHL route.
Cameron Johnson (G, '94) is one of the best goalies in the NCHC.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Do they do measurements on these kids or is that at the rookie camp? Want to see how well Joseph is filling out and if Howden is 6'3, also the late round kids who didn't go to the combine to see actual measurements on them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad