Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Timothy Liljegren -- 57.66%
2. Kasperi Kapanen -- 89.47%
3. Travis Dermott -- 83.75%
4. Carl Grundstrom -- 55.23%
5. Yegor Korshkov -- 35.67%
6. Jeremy Bracco --34.48%
7. Andreas Johnsson -- 25.48%
8. Andrew Nielsen -- 42.07%

Dmytro Timashov
Miro Aaltonen
JD Greenway
Tobias Lindberg
Frederik Gauthier
Ian Scott
Martin Dzierkals
Justin Holl
Dakota Joshua
Eemeli Rasanen
Kerby Rychel
Joseph Woll
Adam Brooks
Andreas Borgman
Calle Rosen

John Piccinich
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Rinat Valiev
Jesper Lindgren
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Tobias Lindberg
Keaton Middleton
Jack Walker
Nicolas Mattinen
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Trevor Moore
Vladislav Kara
Fedor Gordeev
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8

2016 Final Result
2015 Final Result
2014 Final Result
2013 Final Result
2012 Final Result
2011 Final Result
2010 Final Result

Suggest who I should add next. :D

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Greenway for me.

It was Greenway or Woll. But goalies have a tougher route. I like Greenway's chances of playing in the NHL someday , a lot!

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Woll again, personally I have him at 5. Goalies are risky as hell, but the kid has a solid track record and is following a great developmental path.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I would take Borgman here, with Woll next.

Also, Aaltonen is very intriguing. His stats in the KHL are very good.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I sort of see what some people are saying - if we had drafted Borgman in, say, the 2nd round four years ago and he developed like he has - winning rookie of the year in the SHL as a 21 year old defenseman - he would probably crack our top 5.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
SHL d-men who have won SHL rookie of the year: Kenny Jonsson, Jan Mertzig, David Ytfeldt, Tobias Enstrom, Victor Hedman, Mattias Ekholm, Andreas Borgman.

Mertzig had a cup of coffee in the NHL, and Ytfeldt was a weird case where after he won ROTY, he only played 17 more SHL games in his career before calling it quits altogether at age 25. The rest of those guys have all been legitimate top pairing D at the peak of their NHL careers, it's good company to be in.

Gotta go with Borgman here.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Andrew Nielsen is so overrated. Stat watchers really need to watch him play instead of basing it just on his points. His play has done nothing to warrant that he's a better prospect than a lot of the names mentioned

In my eyes, his ceiling is literally Cody Franson

I'd say JD Greenway or Borgman will be a better prospect very soon.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Andrew Nielsen is so overrated. Stat watchers really need to watch him play instead of basing it just on his points. His play has done nothing to warrant that he's a better prospect than a lot of the names mentioned

This happens every year. Nielsen had a great D+1 year so his stock is still fairly high with a lot of people. If he doesn't take a step forward this year I guarantee he'll be somewhere in the teens next year after we get our shiny new toys in the 2018 draft. Our first and two seconds should yield some nice prospects.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

I'd call Cody Franson a win. Good 3rd pair and PP guy.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I sort of see what some people are saying - if we had drafted Borgman in, say, the 2nd round four years ago and he developed like he has - winning rookie of the year in the SHL as a 21 year old defenseman - he would probably crack our top 5.

If we had drafted Brooks in the 4th round 2 years ago in his 2nd year eligible when he put up 60+ points and then proceeded to break out and score 120 in his final junior year and 130 as an overager, I'd be very curious to see where we'd rank him. And this is as someone who hasn't voted for him yet(but soon will)

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
If we had drafted Brooks in the 4th round 2 years ago in his 2nd year eligible when he put up 60+ points and then proceeded to break out and score 120 in his final junior year and 130 as an overager, I'd be very curious to see where we'd rank him. And this is as someone who hasn't voted for him yet(but soon will)

Yeah I mean, we have Bracco at 5 after his 19 year old CHL season. Brooks' 19 y/o season killed Bracco's by a huge margin, and the follow up season as an overager did nothing to bring him down.

Not that I think Brooks should even be in the top 10, but he should be higher than Bracco, who should be much further down.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
This happens every year. Nielsen had a great D+1 year so his stock is still fairly high with a lot of people. If he doesn't take a step forward this year I guarantee he'll be somewhere in the teens next year after we get our shiny new toys in the 2018 draft. Our first and two seconds should yield some nice prospects.

Nothing actually wrong with this. That's how the prospect game works. Play good, value goes up. Fail to progress, and your stock falls quickly.

How else would we judge them?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Considering how people lost their minds after Nielsen was picked that would be a pretty nice outcome.

It was stat watchers and size-aphobes who lost their minds over the Nielsen pick. Too few points pre-draft. Too big and awkward. Now that his personal stats are actually noteworthy, they resort back to subjective viewing and call that an absolute conclusion rather than concede that he wasn't a bad pick after all.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Went with Woll but Borgman, Rychel, Rasanen, Rosen and Timashov are in the same bracket to me.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Woll again, personally I have him at 5. Goalies are risky as hell, but the kid has a solid track record and is following a great developmental path.

I had him in the same #5 spot, goalies are risky but based on upside I'd put him ahead of most of our prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad