Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I meant to throw Bracco in that 3rd tier, but forgot.

Still, whats more impressive...

A 1.4 PPG 5'09 winger in the OHL
or
A 1.1 PPG 6'03 center in the NCAA
A 6'03" C putting up

Bracco isn't 5'9 anymore. He's close to 5'10.5 now. He measured 5'10 when he reported to Kitchener in the fall.

And a 19 year old putting up 1.4 ppg is much more impressive than a 21 year old putting up PPG in the NCAA.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Bracco isn't 5'9 anymore. He's close to 5'10.5 now. He measured 5'10 when he reported to Kitchener in the fall.

And a 19 year old putting up 1.4 ppg is much more impressive than a 21 year old putting up PPG in the NCAA.

Bracco is 10 months younger than Joshua...

Bracco was more like 1.37 vs Joshuas 1.06... Round up for both...

1.1 NCAA vs 1.4 OHL

Joshua > Bracco

:nod:

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
How do people feel about Rychel? I was impressed with how he progressed with the Marlies and is the same age as Andreas Johnson.

Not voting for Rychel for this spot but think he's got to be considered around this range. Going with Grundstrom, think he's going to have a good season for the Marlies next season.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bracco is 10 months younger than Joshua...

Bracco was more like 1.37 vs Joshuas 1.06... Round up for both...

1.1 NCAA vs 1.4 OHL

Joshua > Bracco

:nod:

Bracco's PPG was 1.46

Joshua's PPG was 1.06

Just stop.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Bracco's PPG was 1.46

Joshua's PPG was 1.06

Just stop.

Stop What?

57 + 7 = 64
83 + 5 = 88

88/64 = 1.375 :nod:

A player of Bracco's size, age and pedigree should be able to crack 100 points in the OHL. Just saying. He wasn't even that close.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Bracco had a terrific season. His season ranked 115th all-time in PPG among 19 year olds in the OHL. If he didn't have a bit of a rough time adjusting at first in Windsor, he probably comes close to 100 points. He had a great Memorial Cup.

Just backtracking here. Where did you get that stat? Eliteprospects shows 83 points in a season for U19 around 276 all-time for OHL scoring.

Two problems:
1) Doesn't take into account players that get trading mid-way through the season (which means there are several more that probably got > 83 points)
2) It double counts players (U17 v U18 v U19 seasons)

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Don't get the hype with Bracco strictly based on his Defensive side. A lot of players can put up piles of points in the CHL, but not a lot of them make it to the NHL.

Bracco's defensive game is terrible.

Disengaged, out of position, drifting back. That's not how it works on the leafs.

I don't see him playing a single game for the leafs, and not much of an NHL career, unless he really turns it around.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Bracco already knows he needs to work on the D side. It will take him half the season to figure things out on the Marlies, 4th line minutes and a few healthy scratches, he will be good to go.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Voted Grundstrom because of how well he showed in the playoffs, but Korshkov is intriguing.

That we have this many high quality prospects the year after we graduated six (6!) rookies is just mind boggling, and wonderful.

I'm just going to take a moment to reflect..... :)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Stop What?

57 + 7 = 64
83 + 5 = 88

88/64 = 1.375 :nod:

A player of Bracco's size, age and pedigree should be able to crack 100 points in the OHL. Just saying. He wasn't even that close.

Bracco put up 83 points in 57 games last season. What are you talking about?

Considering he struggled post-trade for some games, which is perfectly reasonable, he would have came very close to 100 points.

In fact, if he had stayed in Kitchener, and kept his pace, he would have totaled 108 points.

Bracco had a fine season, that had a tiny bit of struggle after a trade, where he had to move and get settled with a whole new family, coaching staff, and teammates.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Considering he struggled post-trade for some games, which is perfectly reasonable, he would have came very close to 100 points.

In fact, if he had stayed in Kitchener, and kept his pace, he would have totaled 108 points.

Bracco had a fine season, that had a tiny bit of struggle after a trade, where he had to move and get settled with a whole new family, coaching staff, and teammates.

Bracco is 5 or 6 for me. Bracco has a chance to be a good player and has already shown a lot of improvement. Not too mention he also wants to prove people wrong.
Also lol at Joshua being better than Bracco
Also lol at Bracco's defensive game being terrible. Its basically below average but I remember Nylander having that issue of D and work ethic and he looks pretty good now.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

I included playoffs... :)

I can include WJC and Mem Cup tournys if you want, but it'll won't change things much...

I would say 'tiny struggle' for a player his caliber is an understatement for a 'top prospect', and largely an excuse IMO. For a player of his size, he should be able to get > 1 PPG against primarily younger competition.

With prospects like:
Nielsen (PPG CHL D-man, and >0.5 PPG AHL D-man)
Borgman (SHL Rookie of the Year)
Rasanen (Towering 0.6 PPG CHL D-man and 2 years younger)
Brooks (Nearly a 2 PPG player and had a 120 pt U19 season)
Woll (BU's #1G as a Freshman)
Joshua (>PPG Sophmore)
Aaltonen (Top KHL U24 point producer)
Timashov (Very comparable U19 stats to Bracco)
+ Rosen
+ Rychel
+ Gauthier
+ Scott

What seperates Bracco from a guy like Timashov?

I just don't understand how Bracco can even be in the conversation for a top 5 prospect, let alone top 10.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Bracco had a terrific season. His season ranked 115th all-time in PPG among 19 year olds in the OHL. If he didn't have a bit of a rough time adjusting at first in Windsor, he probably comes close to 100 points. He had a great Memorial Cup.

He didn't put up Marner numbers, but he's not going to be a superstar like Marner.

This kid has vision and offensive IQ that is nuts. His edge work and skating is great. He needs to get stronger, and he needs to work on his defensive positioning, and he's already gotten stronger from a year ago, and a guy named Sheldon Keefe has done a fantastic job teaching our prospects the defensive game, and a guy named Mike Babcock never letting them forget it.

I have no clue how such a solid prospect with the skill he has, gets hated on as much as Bracco.

To rate Gauthier, who may never make the NHL full-time above him, is just...

I still don't get how so many folks remain unimpressed with the guy - he's probably around the organization's 5th best prospect.

Had a great season dominant Memorial Cup playoffs too.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I included playoffs... :)

I can include WJC and Mem Cup tournys if you want, but it'll won't change things much...

I would say 'tiny struggle' for a player his caliber is an understatement for a 'top prospect', and largely an excuse IMO. For a player of his size, he should be able to get > 1 PPG against primarily younger competition.

With prospects like:
Nielsen (PPG CHL D-man, and >0.5 PPG AHL D-man)
Borgman (SHL Rookie of the Year)
Rasanen (Towering 0.6 PPG CHL D-man and 2 years younger)
Brooks (Nearly a 2 PPG player and had a 120 pt U19 season)
Woll (BU's #1G as a Freshman)
Joshua (>PPG Sophmore)
Aaltonen (Top KHL U24 point producer)
Timashov (Very comparable U19 stats to Bracco)
+ Rosen
+ Rychel
+ Gauthier
+ Scott

What seperates Bracco from a guy like Timashov?

I just don't understand how Bracco can even be in the conversation for a top 5 prospect, let alone top 10.

His raw skill set and the fact that his game got strong and stronger as the year went on accumkatingbin him being one of the top players on the Memorial Cup winning teams.

I think you're really underselling him while propping up overs lease r accomplishments (ie Ransanen).

He should easily be considered a top 5 prospect for the Leafs.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jeremy Bracco led the Spitfires in team scoring, both in total, and over the 31 games specifically he was a Spit.

Bracco was leading the Rangers in scoring before the trade, and at his pace would have finished 1st in team scoring. With his Spits stats overall, he would have finished 2nd in team scoring.

He was a single point behind Vilardi in playoff scoring.

He led Windsor in Memorial Cup scoring, and finished 4th in the entire tournament, trailing Erie's top line by just a couple of points (3 behind Strome/Raddysh, 2 behind Debrincat)

Yet, apparently he had an underwhelming season :laugh:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Borgman's the one with the highest upside left I think. unlike grunndstrom/korshkov he's got more than checking potential.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
bracco's numbers just aren't good enough for a completely one dimensional prospect like he is. i wouldn't expect too much from him.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
bracco's numbers just aren't good enough for a completely one dimensional prospect like he is. i wouldn't expect too much from him.

Yeah, i'm not sold either, but... i'm not unsold, lol.
For me, i'd be aiming to land him in the 9-13 range.
High enough to be note worthy, but not TOO high.
And not so low as to throw him in under the rug.

Last edited:

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
I think I'll be voting for Rasanen for a while.. A lot of people sleeping on how good this kid can be.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Grundstorm over Korshkov in the poll as it should be.
Grundstorm is a better prospect than Korshkov and he showed it in the AHL playoffs.
Grundstorm>Korshkov

Also Bracco>Joshua

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Grundstorm over Korshkov in the poll as it should be.
Grundstorm is a better prospect than Korshkov and he showed it in the AHL playoffs.
Grundstorm>Korshkov

Also Bracco>Joshua

1) RE: Grundstrom/Korshkov... 6 games doesn't show anything
2) RE: Bracco/Joshua... Wait 2 years, and we'll see... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad