Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I'd love if you could all give the bolded a read before voting.

I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Timothy Liljegren -- 57.66%
2. Kasperi Kapanen -- 89.47%

Dmytro Timashov
Miro Aaltonen
Travis Dermott
Andreas Johnson
Frederik Gauthier
Andrew Nielson
Jeremy Bracco
Yegor Korshkov
Carl Grundstrom
Eemeli Rasanen
Kerby Rychel
Joseph Woll
Adam Brooks
Andreas Borgman
Calle Rosen

John Piccinich
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Dakota Joshua
Rinat Valiev
Martins Dzierkals
Jesper Lindgren
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Tobias Lindberg
JD Greenway
Keaton Middleton
Jack Walker
Nicolas Mattinen
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Justin Holl
Trevor Moore
Ian Scott
Vladislav Kara
Fedor Gordeev
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell

Prospect Ranking #1

2016 Final Result
2015 Final Result
2014 Final Result
2013 Final Result
2012 Final Result
2011 Final Result
2010 Final Result

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Last edited:

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Closer to who? Dermott is better than Kappy imo.

Not sure about that. 17 gms played in the NHL vs 0. They both need time to show how much impact they can have in the NHL. Dermott is more important to the organization than any winger prospect at this time though. Really hope he makes the team.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
Not sure about that. 17 gms played in the NHL vs 0. They both need time to show how much impact they can have in the NHL. Dermott is more important to the organization than any winger prospect at this time though. Really hope he makes the team.

17GP *1 goal*. He didnt get much opportunity but both have yet to prove themselves. Did an admirable job on the 4th line for us in the playoffs though. Both will be on the team next year in a likely 3rd line winger/3rd pairing role imo. Comparing the two where I think they'll project, you have a top 6 winger or a top 4 dman. This is easy.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I want to be wrong but I can't help thinking that Dermott is summer of 2017's Timashov benefiting from a few confidently written glowing reports on hockey boards.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with a 6'3" NCAA sophomore prospect who just put up a PPG season that he's not even in consideration for the top 10.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
I want to be wrong but I can't help thinking that Dermott is summer of 2017's Timashov benefiting from a few confidently written glowing reports on hockey boards.

He's benefitting from having a great season in the American league as a rookie. Anyone that has watched the Marlies regularly would attest to that. In my viewings, he's been the best dman on the team, and as a 20 year old thats impressive.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

In almost every metric, he was one of the best U22 defenseman in the AHL.

He looks to be a lock for our Top-4 in the future, and at worst he'll be a fantastic bottom-pairing guy (McNabb/C. Miller)

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON

A few glowing reports from hockey boards, newspapers, online publications, his coachs, Leafs management, etc., etc.

If you think this is just a surge in popularity on HFBoards, you haven't been paying attention.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Dermott over Borgman? 21 year old SHL rookie of the year? This is not right

Dermott, was the #1 Dman on the AHL team and one of the best dmen in the AHL. he isn't chopped liver.

Kapanen over Andreas Johnsson former SHL rookie of the year?

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Don't forget that Korshkov is a 1 year and half older.

But Korshkov played in a much more difficult league with 3rd line minutes. Is bigger, faster and more skilled IMO.

I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with a 6'3" NCAA sophomore prospect who just put up a PPG season that he's not even in consideration for the top 10.

He's our most underrated prospect IMO. I'd like to see if he's got another gear and if get can get closer to 1.5 PPG. If he does, we got a good'un.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad