Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #20

wasting time

Feb 12, 2003
Stats are not the only thing that count. Not my problem if you believe otherwise.

"The only thing that was right was he took major strides forward and improved his skating". That's all they mentioned. They still failed to mention a ton of other things he improved.

NCAA is nothing like the AHL, so comparatively, yes it is. It's not a pro league, and while it is still impressive to do well in that league, it does not mean anything unless it translates to the pros.

I will admit Ben Smith was on the IR longer than I remember, so I will give you that one. That being said, Smith only played <2 minutes more on average than Gauthier, and that includes many times Smith was overused by Babcock and failed miserably. The majority of the time Smith was a mediocre 4C (at best) playing a 4C role. He was not going up against top lines, at least not enough to warrant attention. Both played PK.

And once again I stress we are comparing a 21 year old to a 29 year old as a basis of determining whether the 21 year old will ever make the NHL. Even if that 29 year old was one of the worst players in the NHL, the fact the 21 year old even kept up with him (and many would say outperformed him) and was able to be a call up to the NHL when they could have just called up Froese, who was the Leafs' 4C last year, speaks volumes.

But like your handle suggests, you are just wasting time.

So you're solving world hunger with 14,000 posts in 4 years?

Actually the stats showed that he did not keep up, nor was selected over, and was played less than..."one of the worst players in the NHL," as you say. lol - high praise.

Keep the dream alive. /out

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
wasting time hates gauthier SO much, like SO much lol, how can you hate a kid THAT much lol

Yup peeps agendas. I just figure it's a waste of time arguing with peeps with blinders on.

Went with Babs love child - the man you meet if you come down the middle - MiddleTon

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Went with Middleton

He's huge, has excellent mobility, more offensive upside than he's been credited with, he's solid in his own end, has leadership qualities, plays with physicality that most of our other defenseman lack

The pick wasn't well received on here but looks pretty good so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad