Prospect Info: 2017 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Hello all, I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Timothy Liljegren -- 57.66%
2. Kasperi Kapanen -- 89.47%
3. Travis Dermott -- 83.75%
4. Carl Grundstrom -- 55.23%
5. Yegor Korshkov -- 35.67%
6. Jeremy Bracco --34.48%
7. Andreas Johnsson -- 25.48%
8. Andrew Nielsen -- 42.07%
9. Andreas Borgman -- 31.45%

Dmytro Timashov
Miro Aaltonen
JD Greenway
Tobias Lindberg
Frederik Gauthier
Ian Scott
Martin Dzierkals
Justin Holl
Dakota Joshua
Eemeli Rasanen
Kerby Rychel
Joseph Woll
Adam Brooks
Trevor Moore
Calle Rosen

John Piccinich
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Rinat Valiev
Jesper Lindgren
Kasimir Kaskisuo
Tobias Lindberg
Keaton Middleton
Jack Walker
Nicolas Mattinen
Nikolai Chebykin
Vladimir Bobylev
Vladislav Kara
Fedor Gordeev
Ryan McGregor
Ryan O'Connell

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9

2016 Final Result
2015 Final Result
2014 Final Result
2013 Final Result
2012 Final Result
2011 Final Result
2010 Final Result

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Rasanen, because I was torn between him and Brooks and Brooks doesn't appear like he's winning a poll anytime soon.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Hmm, not sure who to pick here yet, but quick thoughts
on those who i feel merit top 15 status.

Miro Aaltonen
At age 24 the term 'prospect' might be slightly stretched, but he did put up 44pts in 59gms last year in the KHL, and i don't think we should be forgetting that. I mention it because it would just be kinda silly for him to fall out of the top 15 and the vote counts on him suggest he might.

Calle Rosen
In a similar vein, 23yo was signed to compete for a roster spot this season. 2 full pro seasons under his belt and speed being his best asset. Really shouldn't fall past 15.

Joseph Woll
As stated, he had an excellent D+1 year. Numbers in league with top prospects. Not sure what more to say... Goalies are tough to project, but i'd hate to see him slip very far just because, Goalie. He played well enough to be in the 'top half'.

Kerby Rychel
He's a 1st round draft pick with 37 games of NHL experience. He plays the always extremely valuable power forward with skill position. He made the All-Star game last year in the AHL and was PPG for much of the season after a slow start. +100Pim. I still have concerns about how his speed will stack up in the NHL, but he's not a bust player. He'll have a long career either in the NHL or in Europe. Should slot into this list over the next few votes.

Adam Brooks
I'm in the mindset of letting him fall later than assuming him to have fallen already just because he played an overage year in Junior. He scored 250 points in two seasons... i mean... what does a guy have to do? Are we really going to relegate this guy to 'depth prospect' status before he ever sets foot in the AHL?

------------------------------------------

Everyone else i'd slot into the next group. I like Rasanen, but i'm not splitting hairs if he slips to 15 before the aforementioned. He was just drafted. Then guys like Joshua, Greenway, etc etc, Gauthier before 20.

Last edited:

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
I like Timashov, Rychel, Greenway, Woll, Rasanen in the next couple polls. Voted Rychel for this one cause I like his skill set.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
Any of Rasanen, Woll, Brooks are OK with me here. Even a couple of others - at this point we're really looking at tiers more than individual rankings.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
If Kerby Rychel doesn't make the top 10 Leafs prospect list, it will make me question how much a lot of my fellow Leafs fans actually know about our team and farm system. The guy is NHL ready, but the Leafs just don't have a spot for him yet. He'll scrap, yet he has soft hands around the net. Basically a poor mans JVR but who is tough and physical as well.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
My tweaked list from poll 5:

Tier 1-----------------
1 - Liljegren [1]
2 - Kapanen [2]
3 - Korshkov [5]
4 - Dermott [3]
5 - Grundstrom [4]
Tier 2-----------------
6 - Nielsen [8]
7 - Borgman [9]
8 - Rasanen
9 - Rosen
10 - Woll
11 - Rychel
12 - Brooks
Tier 3-----------------
13 - Bracco [6]
14 - Aaltonen
15 - Johnsson [7]
16 - Greenway
17 - Timashov
Tier 4-----------------
18 - Scott
19 - Joshua
20 - Gauthier
21 - Sparks
22 - Kara
23 - Chebykin
24 - Gordeev
25 - Lindgren
26 - Middleton
27 - Moore
28 - Bobylev
29 - Lindberg
30 - Valiev

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
still the only guy sticking out like a sore thumb on this list is bracco. everyone else makes sense.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Went with Rychel. Same age as Andreas Johnsson (Rychel a month younger), 52 points in 73 games compared to Johnsson's 47 in 75, 5 points in 11 playoff games compared to Johnsson's 6 goals in 11 games. Not saying one is clearly above the other but they should at least be ranked in a similar position imo.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Timaxhov really didn't get too much ice time last year. I think he has a big year with the Marlies. Considering we are looking at our 10th best prospect, and players like Matthews, Nylander, and Marner etc no longer qualify (obviously)...I think you're really overlooking Timashov if you're not even at least talking about him at number 10.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Jack Walker was not qualified and was released. You can scratch him from the next in line list.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
If Kerby Rychel doesn't make the top 10 Leafs prospect list, it will make me question how much a lot of my fellow Leafs fans actually know about our team and farm system. The guy is NHL ready, but the Leafs just don't have a spot for him yet. He'll scrap, yet he has soft hands around the net. Basically a poor mans JVR but who is tough and physical as well.

I had him over Bracco because he also had superior numbers in the CHL and have been plugging him ever since.

Most here will always value shiny new toy prospects over seasoned, developed ones if they linger in the minors too much for their liking.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I went with Gauthier but realized that was a mistake because of my criteria for prospects. I probably would have gone with Woll, Brooks or Rosen had I done it again so it worked out fine in the end.

It'll be tough between Brooks, Rosen and Rasanen for my next choice.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Timaxhov really didn't get too much ice time last year. I think he has a big year with the Marlies. Considering we are looking at our 10th best prospect, and players like Matthews, Nylander, and Marner etc no longer qualify (obviously)...I think you're really overlooking Timashov if you're not even at least talking about him at number 10.

It's too early for him there. He's a late teens/early 20's type of guy right now, along with Moore who had a similar year, but they could easily jump to the top 10 next year if they sustain their late season success.

People are going to select the guys with higher upside or have shown more success than them right now.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
For the fourth straight time, I went with Rosén. Come on guys... you gotta group the two Swedes together. Right?

Rasanen's likely to make the NHL but unlikely to be more than a #5-6, which is essentially what Rosén is at this point.

Last edited:

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
Gotta go Rosen here. Potential might not be as high as others, but he's got a fairly decent shot at making the team this year, and I think he can be a 4/5...

10. Rosen
11. Rasanen
12. Brooks
13. Gauthier
14. Woll
15. Rychel
16. Timashov
17. Aaltonen
18. Dzierkals
19. Greenway
20. Valiev
21. Lindberg