Value of: 2017 First round pick if Canucks win first overall

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Oiler fans really love RNH. He could do with a fresh start on a team like Vegas but from an outsider point of view he is not that desirable. He's be the Leafs 4th best C and that is not counting Nylander.

Some people really love cocaine, to the point they are willing to sexual acts for it. I don't value cocaine that way, I see the flaws in it. Much like RNH.

TacitEndorsement

Jul 2, 2009
Hes a second line C, what Patrick and Hischier are expected to top out at.

Its a poor year to have first overall. Thats the answer.

I would just keep the pick and hope that whoever they pick grossly exceeds expectations.

Except RNH is 24, and the draft pick would be 18. That's potentially 6 years of playing value lost for the exact same on ice position.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
I'm sure the Blues would trade both of their 1sts (currently #22 and #31 prior to playoff adjustments) and a prospect not named Husso/Walman/Dunn/Thompson to have the opportunity to choose between Patrick and Hischier. A (still) young but more developed player in Ty Rattie might be of interest to VAN as well given his history with Baertschi. Personally, if the two firsts and Kyrou got it done I would take that deal and not even blink. Probably about the only way STL is going to solve their long-standing 1C issue.

lol'd

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Except RNH is 24, and the draft pick would be 18. That's potentially 6 years of playing value lost for the exact same on ice position.

The premise of the thread is Vancouver gets a player for the pick.

You arent getting a guy like Matthews, Werenski, or Laine for it. You arent even getting a Marner or a Nylander for it.

So what exactly do you think you're going to get? Maybe someone like Sam Reinhardt?

Again, I have said twice in this thread if I was the Canucks I would just the keep the pick. The quality of asset return isnt worth trading it. Hope that Hischier or Patrick exceed the expectations which are currently being placed on them.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
The premise of the thread is Vancouver gets a player for the pick.

You arent getting a guy like Matthews, Werenski, or Laine for it. You arent even getting a Marner or a Nylander for it.

So what exactly do you think you're going to get? Maybe someone like Sam Reinhardt?

Again, I have said twice in this thread if I was the Canucks I would just the keep the pick. The quality of asset return isnt worth trading it. Hope that Hischier or Patrick exceed the expectations which are currently being placed on them.

buffalo wouldn't sam reinhart for a pick

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
buffalo wouldn't sam reinhart for a pick

That was an example of a type of player this thread is based around. I agree that Buffalo likely isnt going to move him.

There are very few players available that this premise works with.

Maybe Hanifin? I doubt Vancouver fans would be terribly excited about that.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Look at it this way...Vancouver will likely have the same odds to get 1st overall in 2018. The kid you get this year isn't going to bump you into the playoffs or anything. Select who you think is the top pick this year and then keep on truckin' to that sweet 2018 draft for your 'big fish.' After all, you're going to need a stable to good young players to rebuild properly.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008

This right here should be the only deciding factor in here. Any player 6 seasons into "development" while already being paid what RNH/Duchene are then it makes less than zero percent sense for Vancouver. Especially on the "development" path Nuge has been on, the steady decline offensively from his first two seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad