Injury Report: 2017-2018 Season | UPD: White out 6-8 weeks

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Man that sucks for both White and the Sens.

A broken wrist is tough to recover from, it might affect him for the vast majority of the season.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
So... Boucher want's players over 35, why not ship off Wideman, Boro and Hammond for futures, use the space to sign Jagr. Easy-peasy :sarcasm:

Seriously though; Brown and Chlapik will get a chance to audition in the next few games.

The best thing for Brown would be to go back to junior,fortunately Brassard should be back before he has 9 games here. Chlapik can always be sent back to Belleville.

Nick Paul and Colin White can still have their chances as call ups later in the year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO Brown, Batherson, Formenton, Lajoie & Kelly should all be returned to junior & as we saw last yr with Chabot, Brown may not get more than a regular season game.

I also think that with the injury to White, Paul should get more of an opportunity to play in Ottawa to start the yr than Brown. Matheo Gennaro could also get a shot if Paul can't go, he was very good in the rookie tournament I thought. He is a good two way forward with size & plays with an edge & very good defensively. More likely is that GB could move Smith back to centre.

I don't think there is a need to make any kind of panic deal at this time, more likely they will see where this team is to start the season & look to make a deal after 10 or 20 games, if they need to. IMO Wideman could be on the block along with Hammond (if anyone even wants him), Sieloff, Dunn & maybe Perron, Dreidger or Blunden. Those guys aren't going to get PD much, they might have to consider a bluechip or very good prospect for something good coming back. I wonder if we will see Blunden with Neil not re-signed, I hope not.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
No one wants Hammond - we've tried to give him away countless times now to no avail. Why would that change now? It doesn't even matter if multiple teams suffer goaltending injuries - the fact is that no NHL GM looks at this guy and sees an NHL calibre backup on whom they want to rely. They should have simply bought him out when they had the chance.

As for White, this is obviously not welcome news, but at least it's not a torn ACL, broken leg, or something equally as catastrophic. He'll be back by early to mid November. At that point he can go to Belleville, get some games in and get ready to come back here. He'll be on our roster for good by the second half of the season.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
With White and Paul getting injured, Brassard and Dzingel recovering from injuries, and MacArthur unofficially retired, we should really sign another NHL forward or two.

I'd love for Dorion to sign Jagr to replace MacArthur and Suter to replace White.

Awkward choice of wording.

:laugh:

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
FWD locks to start the season, barring injury:

Turris
Stone
Hoffman
Smith
Pageau
Ryan
Burrows
Dzingel
Pyatt
Thompson

that leaves two/three spots wide open.

I suspect the guys competing for them will be:
Brown
Chlapik
McCormick
DiDomenico
Randall

something tells me 2 of those last 3 guys will be with the team for opening night, and then 1 from the first 2. I'm guessing it's Brown, Randall and DiDomenico.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

re Flyers Stolarz and SOIR

From a salary cap standpoint, the Flyers are forbidden under Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) rules from assigning an injured player such as Stolarz to the AHL. The Flyers have the salary cap space available to absorb Stolarz's cap hit while he is on injured reserve (IR), so long-term injured reserve (LTIR) really wouldn't be an option here. However, the goalie appears to be eligible for a CBA designation called Season Opening Injured Reserve (SOIR) to obtain partial cap relief.

Under SOIR, there is a different daily salary calculation method used for determining salary cap hits than for an active roster player or one on standard IR. It works as follows for discounted cap-hit eligibility:

* The player must be on a two-way contract and accrued a minimum of one and maximum of 49 NHL games the previous season. Stolarz, who appeared in seven NHL games, fits both criteria.

* If the player meets the SOIR eligibility criteria for partial cap relief, his cap hit is calculated by multiplying the number of days (not games) he spent in the NHL last season by his full NHL-level cap hit and then dividing it by the number of days in the previous NHL season.

I have not crunched all of the numbers as of this writing, but the Flyers will be able to get relief on a significant portion of Stolarz's cap hit. As a guesstimate, Stolarz's cap hit during his absence should only come to about $240,000 with the rest allayed via SOIR designation.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
No one wants Hammond - we've tried to give him away countless times now to no avail. Why would that change now? It doesn't even matter if multiple teams suffer goaltending injuries - the fact is that no NHL GM looks at this guy and sees an NHL calibre backup on whom they want to rely. They should have simply bought him out when they had the chance.

As for White, this is obviously not welcome news, but at least it's not a torn ACL, broken leg, or something equally as catastrophic. He'll be back by early to mid November. At that point he can go to Belleville, get some games in and get ready to come back here. He'll be on our roster for good by the second half of the season.

Nobody wants Hammond, but he can be used to equalise salary coming back in a trade. His cap hit is 325k and his salary is 1.5M. That provides an opportunity for the Senators and a cap team to make a defenseman for bottom 6 forward type trade work salary wise for Ottawa without the other team having to take on that much cap. In most cases, the cap team in this scenario would actually cut their cap payroll which would make it a win-win.

Theoretically, the Senators could acquire a player with up to a 2.3M salary while only giving the other team 1.125M in cap due to Hammond being buried.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I think if they had been patient with Curtis lazar and developed him properly in binghampton he would have been ready to fill this spot

RuthlessLieutenant

Sep 4, 2009
Kingston
Trade Boro for a 2nd line center!

Better yet...move Boro to the 2nd line center

reece.JPG

Kidding of course. Only Cameron would be so bold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad