Injury Report: 2017-2018 Season | UPD: White out 6-8 weeks

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That's the wrist he had surgery on... Hope he heals up well and has a full recovery.

Bad Break ...

PD has to bring in a forward imo... Boro and/or Wideman could be trade bait

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
LLxhRPz.gif

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Good opportunity for Brown here. Maybe it is best hat White started in Bingo anyways and continue to develop his offensive game. I don't need him to play defensively, while nice as it is. But he should work on his playmaking in Bingo anyways.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Bad timing, but I doubt there would have been room for both him and Brown to start the year.

Brown probably gets the 9 game look, and by that time Brassard is back. White can draw back in mid November or start the year in Belleville.

Forward depth is going to be stretched very thin considering most of us had MacArthur and White in the top 9.

Hopefully Dzingle is ready to go soon:

Smith-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Pageau-Ryan
Dzingle-Brown-Burrows
McCormick-Thompson-Pyatt

Phaneuf-Chabot
Oduya-Ceci
Boro-Wideman-Claessen

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
On the other hand, this was just the break Brown needed to crack the roster.

all kidding aside, this sucks.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if brown cant take advantage of this and earn the spot he needs to be traded for an upgrade

i actually think chlapik has a good shot here

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Really bad timing for him. This was a great opportunity for him to earn Boucher's trust with Brassard out and the team needing centers in the NHL. This was probably the worst timing possible and of course we all know Colin White will be in the NHL eventually, maybe this sets White back in terms of how quickly he becomes a regular NHLer with somebody like Chlapik instead taking advantage.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
if brown cant take advantage of this and earn the spot he needs to be traded for an upgrade

i actually think chlapik has a good shot here

I disagree. Brown is still very much a project. When we drafted him, the book was that he was a very risky pick. If the Sens trade him, I think it'll be a case of they had to give up somebody to get somebody rather than they got scared off. It doesn't make sense to use such a high pick on a boom/bust guy and then get scared off two years after drafting him because he doesn't make the NHL under a coach who heavily scrutinises any playing under 35.

A Jagr signing will be nice right now ;)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wideman traded for a forward. Lots of people on this board have speculated about it, but White's injury along with Jaros' play so far might expedite that. The Sens could package Hammond with Wideman to make it work salary wise if they are near their upper limit. Hammond has a 1.5M real money salary, but only costs 325k buried. The Sens could acquire a forward making over 2M and have it be salary in/salary out for themselves while freeing up cap for the team they are trading with.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I disagree. Brown is still very much a project. When we drafted him, the book was that he was a very risky pick. If the Sens trade him, I think it'll be a case of they had to give up somebody to get somebody rather than they got scared off. It doesn't make sense to use such a high pick on a boom/bust guy and then get scared off two years after drafting him because he doesn't make the NHL under a coach who heavily scrutinises any playing under 35.

boucher is harder on the young guys thats for sure

but with mac/brassard/white now out a young guy has to make the team, doesnt matter where they are in the development its whoever takes advantage of the situation

brown is very much a project i agree and he is a little bit away from making the jump and being a full blown regular but this shows the players drive imo

if he isnt/doesnt have the drive to take advantage of a prime situation then you should look to deal him now before others figure it out

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Brown is still a project but my opinion is that he showed better at the rookie tournament and the main camp scrimmage than Colin White has.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So... Boucher want's players over 35, why not ship off Wideman, Boro and Hammond for futures, use the space to sign Jagr. Easy-peasy :sarcasm:

Seriously though; Brown and Chlapik will get a chance to audition in the next few games.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Brown is still a project but my opinion is that he showed better at the rookie tournament and the main camp scrimmage than Colin White has.

He was more noticeable for sure but that's also his game.

White play an under the radar type of game by doing good thing all over the ice.

Anyway, you are making a good point Brown was very good and engaged. I liked what i saw.

I hope we are able to see Brown run the PP tonight. He is good at doing it.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
So... Boucher want's players over 35, why not ship off Wideman, Boro and Hammond for futures, use the space to sign Jagr. Easy-peasy :sarcasm:

Seriously though; Brown and Chlapik will get a chance to audition in the next few games.

Jagr isn't coming to Ottawa. It's way too cold here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad