2017-2018 Maple Leafs 5 Game Segment Breakdown

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
This segment should be easy with EDM, PHI, MIN, DET, and CAR. Four of those are at or below 500.
But the schedule is terrible playing 5 games in 7 days from Dec 9th to Dec 16th

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
This segment should be easy with EDM, PHI, MIN, DET, and CAR. Four of those are at or below 500.
But the schedule is terrible playing 5 games in 7 days from Dec 9th to Dec 16th

Yea, its not so much the opponents but rather the schedule that is tough this month, and especially this segment.
Off to a good start!

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Well our boys in blue are in a bit of bind now. They need to win two in a row to salvage this segment.
:crossfing:crossfing

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
We slipped 2 points last segment. We need to make up for it this segment.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Considering the brutal December schedule that the Leafs are finishing up, I'll be happy if they end this 5 game segement with even pts and no more injuries.

January should be a considerably easier schedule for the Leafs. Good time for them to make a run.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Oh well. We need 1 point out of the Vegas Knights to salvage this segment.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
After tomorrow's game, save 3 games, they're done with Western Conference road games.

They also have a heavy home schedule to the end of the year.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Oh well. We need 1 point out of the Vegas Knights to salvage this segment.

I didn't think we would get a point in Denver, so honestly another single point I would take at this point. This has been a hellish part of the schedule that they have survived mostly intact.

After tomorrow's game, save 3 games, they're done with Western Conference road games. They also have a heavy home schedule to the end of the year.

Agreed, I expect the team to get on some kind of a roll in January based on the schedule alone.

We are still just borderline though to make the playoffs. But based on how weak the Atlantic is, maybe 96 points are not what it will take this season?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Good thing that the division stinks.

Or else I'd be panicking.
The Atlantic is terrible overall.
The worst team in the Metro (8th place Philly) is still better than 5 teams in the Atlantic. If you aren't 1-2-3 in the Atlantic you aren't making it.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
That's another segment we didn't get. 3 of 4 missed. That was a difficult part of the schedule; hopefully the team can get on a roll in the next couple of segments.

We are on (exact) pace, which is the good news, but I think many of us expected a little more from this team. Very meh season for me so far (I have to keep reminding myself this is still a building season).

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
That's another segment we didn't get. 3 of 4 missed. That was a difficult part of the schedule; hopefully the team can get on a roll in the next couple of segments.

We are on (exact) pace, which is the good news, but I think many of us expected a little more from this team. Very meh season for me so far (I have to keep reminding myself this is still a building season).

Thanks for the work you're doing in this thread wingman.

I wouldn't say it's been a 'meh' season thus far though... We've probably had one of the more difficult schedules so far in the NHL... It should be mostly downhill from here... :nod:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I think people are being pretty hard on the leafs this year. There have been up and down parts but still. After 40 games we have played.

24 road, 16 home.
We have already had the 3 western road trips and have had a 5 in 7 stretch. This is relatively smooth sailing (comparatively) the rest of the way it’s up for the leafs to take advantage

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I wouldn't say it's been a 'meh' season thus far though... We've probably had one of the more difficult schedules so far in the NHL... It should be mostly downhill from here... :nod:

That's fair, I just see the potential on this roster and sometimes its hard to be patient lol. Been watching this team for so long with so many hopes, and I honestly feel this is the closest we've been to being close to a true contender for a period longer than 1 season.

As for this thread, its fun to contribute ;-)

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Half the segments made so far, half missed and we are exactly even right now. With having only 3 home games all December I can't really criticize the Leafs too much, they've had a hard schedule and still even in the segment breakdown.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
The leafs are turning it around. They had a bad couple segments, tough road trips and injuries to Matthews and Kadri. Now the schedule is getting better and the leafs are healthy. the leafs are back!

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
That is three segments in a row that we did not make the goal.

You can't win when you constantly give away easy goals to the other team. Pathetic home stand so far.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
That is three segments in a row that we did not make the goal.

You can't win when you constantly give away easy goals to the other team. Pathetic home stand so far.

Yesterday was very disappointing. I really wanted that point. That's two games in a row that we let in late goals and have cost us a point.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
That's three segments achieved in a row (after missing the previous three).

Right now we sit at three points above the expected pace. Next segment starts tonight, and only four to go (including this one).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad