Friedman: 2017-2018 Cap will be $75M; Floor is $55.4M

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
so teams have an additional 2mil of cap for this upcoming offseason or next offseason?

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Meanwhile in NBA land, they're going from $94.14 million to (a projected) $102 million.

Makes me sad when you put popularity aside, because hockey is a team based sport with more players on the team.

Basketball is dominated by two superstars, sometimes 3 if you're REALLY popular.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Meanwhile in NBA land, they're going from $94.14 million to (a projected) $102 million.

Makes me sad when you put popularity aside, because hockey is a team based sport with more players on the team.

Basketball is dominated by two superstars, sometimes 3 if you're REALLY popular.

What is Real or Barca salary cap, I wonder...

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

well nba is more popular than nhl cuz its american so it generates more revenue i guess

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
The only way to increase the cap to for the NHL to rid themselves of the teams that are a negative drain on revenues.
The ideal scenario about 16 teams and then the cap would be 110m. Of course the 15 owners that lose teams wouldn't be happy and neither would the NHLPA, with a lose of half of their players.

Bettman was made commissioner 20 years ago to get a good USA national TV contract. Hasn't happened yet and Bettman is still commish for whatever reason.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
More like the Hawks, they're suddenly 1.5M under the cap if the reported Kruger+TvR to Vegas deal is true. It's still not much, but that 2M will make all the difference.

I believe the Hawks will be a few million over the cap, even with the TVR/Kruger deal.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Did you see the NBA TV contract?

$24 BILLION over 9 years

C'MON MAN!!! :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad