Prospect Info: 2017-18 Stockton Heat & Prospect Stats/Discussion (CHL, NCAA, Europe, AHL, ECHL)

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I don't really think either guy has the potential to be a real starting goaltender but they have ample opportunity to prove me wrong. I'm more excited about Parsons because he has a little more room to grow, Gillies looks like he probably caps out around Chad Johnson if all goes well.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I don't really think either guy has the potential to be a real starting goaltender but they have ample opportunity to prove me wrong. I'm more excited about Parsons because he has a little more room to grow, Gillies looks like he probably caps out around Chad Johnson if all goes well.
I think that Gillies has far more athletic abilities than Johnson.

I actually see a lot of Ramo in him. Great lateral movement but has a tendency to lose the next and let in the occasional softy. He’s still young, hopefully he work past this with age and experience.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I think that Gillies has far more athletic abilities than Johnson.

I actually see a lot of Ramo in him. Great lateral movement but has a tendency to lose the next and let in the occasional softy. He’s still young, hopefully he work past this with age and experience.

He's athletic and obviously has good reach due to his size but his fundamentals are awful. Consistently out of position or unaware of where the puck is and has to compensate with some athletic save. He could've cut it ten years ago in this league but I don't think he's becomes anything more than a 1B who can pick up 30 games a year to keep a guy like Smith fresh. Too many holes in his game.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He's athletic and obviously has good reach due to his size but his fundamentals are awful. Consistently out of position or unaware of where the puck is and has to compensate with some athletic save. He could've cut it ten years ago in this league but I don't think he's becomes anything more than a 1B who can pick up 30 games a year to keep a guy like Smith fresh. Too many holes in his game.
Hard to say, 24 is still relatively young for a goalie

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Exactly
I am scared watching Giles
Never know if he is going to blow the next one

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The guy's from Slovakia... The Stampede is not a universally understood thing no matter how much us folks from Calgary want to believe it is.
he knew enough to have the dates, so even he knew it was the obvious answer

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
he knew enough to have the dates, so even he knew it was the obvious answer

Or he did a google search. 'The Stampede'? Dunno let's see.

@alko Did you know what he meant when he said during the Stampede? Or was it a quick google search to find out what the hell that is?

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Do you mean Calgary Stampede 2018 - July 6-15?
That’s right. Honestly don’t know the dates off the top of my head, but that sounds right.

I think the Flames usually like the prospects to experience the city’s biggest attraction.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Or he did a google search. 'The Stampede'? Dunno let's see.

@alko Did you know what he meant when he said during the Stampede? Or was it a quick google search to find out what the hell that is?

Hey, as popular this thing could be in Calgary, in the world it is almost unknown. So yeah, i used Google AI to help me. Wasn't sure, if it is, so i write it here. Walk with Elias, could you please forgive me?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hey, as popular this thing could be in Calgary, in the world it is almost unknown. So yeah, i used Google AI to help me. Wasn't sure, if it is, so i write it here. Walk with Elias, could you please forgive me?
I was just making a joke at your expense, but volica dislikes me so he made something out of nothing

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ok. Anyway, as a former Bret Hart fan back in 90s, what does it mean "Stampede Wrestling"?
I would assume they used Stampede because Calgary is known as "Stampede City" and the promotion was based out of Calgary.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I was just making a joke at your expense, but volica dislikes me so he made something out of nothing

Mmhm.
I’m not going to even jump into that comment. How many fights on this board were starting over literal wording of a sentence? Something over nothing. You, my good sir, are the blackest of kettles.

Just didn’t think it needed a sarcastic response to a guy who clearly isn’t from around here.

Reactions: Cyrano

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
My annual review of Calgary's OHL prospects. This year...only one; Adam Ruzicka.

OHL Prospects: 31 Teams in 31 Days - Calgary Flames

But there isnt any word of his poor playoff.

12 games in 17/18 season, 40 shots, 0 goals.
4 games in 16/17 season, 13 shots, 0 goals.

Looked for some infos about last prospect camp, and he was missing in all reports. For me it looks like, he was in shadows of others Flames prospects.

Also his performance on WJC wasn't such great. It seems, that he is the guy, that cant be considered as the Crucial guy. Hope im wrong. This season will be crucial for him.

Here is Slovakia is a big group of fans, that doesnt believe, he will even crack the AHL roster. I believe, he will, and he will see some NHL games. But that will be maybe in 3-4 years. I see him more like Tomas Kopecky clone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad