Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Right because cherry picking a play is a good way to describe a player, can you show me one time Filppula has done something like that, that resulted in a goal against us in the playoffs? Ever?

You mentioned Neal earlier in this thread? You mean the guy who goes around kneeing people in the head and taking dumb penalties like the one that lead to our 2nd goal the other night?

Backlund??? seriously? why would the flames trade him? he's almost certainly getting resigned.

This is the part where I completely ignore everything you said and say TL;DR right?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
For what its worth

- I don't need to cherry pick anything. It happened tonight and happened to lead to a goal because that's what he does! Just watch the guy for 10 minutes and you'll see him blindly dump the puck again. Filppula is a bad hockey player for us. I don't need to find anything with the playoffs. I've got several years and probably close to 100 games of "The Lightning really need a goal" and meanwhile Fil is skating around slow as molasses doing nothing but his best Purcell impression.

Cherry picking would be saying "Oh yeah! Remember what he did against the Rangers that one time?!"

- You mean the James Neal who is a proven 30 goal scorer as opposed to a Lightning re-tread who scores once every 30 games? The idea is to pick up a scoring player and he is likely our best option should the VGK fall out of the playoff race. But even then I made sure to say that was unlikely.

- I don't care what Calgary intends. He's not under contract beyond this year and they can re-sign Backlund as a UFA in the summer regardless of what he does with us or anyone else. The idea was to pick a somewhat decent a player who is not under contract this year for a team that is unlikely to make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad