Not open for further replies.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Depth targets the rest of the way:

-Matt Read (likely cheap)
-William Karlsson (likely expensive)
-Kyle Brodziak (not sure, guessing cheap-ish)

UFA pool is good, but not for a lot of scoring depth types. I'm thinking someone a little more shoot-first on the bottom six.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Peca can bring similar energy to Callahan with some offensive flare too, rather see him up before Erne.

I'd rather Concaher/Brown keep rotating in and out as rest seems to do both of them good.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Peca can bring similar energy to Callahan with some offensive flare too, rather see him up before Erne.

I'd rather Concaher/Brown keep rotating in and out as rest seems to do both of them good.

You want Brown with Gourde and Killorn when Conacher takes his turn on the bench? No thanks. He can plug on the fourth line, that's the extent of his abilities. Get Peca or Erne if you have to, no Brown in the top 9.

If Cooper wants to use 7 defencemen from here on out, then fine. He likes to switch it around though.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
You want Brown with Gourde and Killorn when Conacher takes his turn on the bench? No thanks. He can plug on the fourth line, that's the extent of his abilities. Get Peca or Erne if you have to, no Brown in the top 9.

If Cooper wants to use 7 defencemen from here on out, then fine. He likes to switch it around though.
When Coop goes with 11/7, I wonder which line gets the rotator? There is no way Kucherov and TJ are going to rotate onto the 4th line. I guess Conacher moves to the 4th line in those situations?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
When Coop goes with 11/7, I wonder which line gets the rotator? There is no way Kucherov and TJ are going to rotate onto the 4th line. I guess Conacher moves to the 4th line in those situations?

I would assume if Conacher dresses, he'd play where he always is, and guys would randomly fill in with Paq and Kunitz. I am not a fan of that, but it's how I see it going. If Brown dresses, he'd (hopefully) play on the fourth line, and guys would rotate in with Gourde and Killorn.

I would like to see Peca on the fourth, and he can switch in with Brown depending on the opponent. I don't want to see Conacher scratched in favor of Brown playing with Gourde and Killorn. Just anything but that.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I would assume if Conacher dresses, he'd play where he always is, and guys would randomly fill in with Paq and Kunitz. If Brown dresses, he'd (hopefully) play on the fourth line, and guys would rotate in with Gourde and Killorn.
That makes sense.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

What? In the case that Conacher sits you move Peca with Killorn and Gourde given he's played both wing and center, and Brown slots nicely next to Paquette on the 4th line.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I honestly wouldn't rule out a fair amount of 11/7 with Brown in and Conacher out, simply because that comfy old sweater fits Coop just right at this time of the year. It won't make much of a difference given how we're playing, but the current situation's tailor-made for a trial run on someone from Syracuse, and I really wish we'd go that route.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
So if we do end up calling someone up, it has to (should) be someone with a two-way deal, so we can send them back without going through waivers, correct? Is that the gist of it? How can you find which players have those types of contracts? I mean, that is the reason Dumont is gone now and Dido didn't stick around long, right?

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
So if we do end up calling someone up, it has to (should) be someone with a two-way deal, so we can send them back without going through waivers, correct? Is that the gist of it? How can you find which players have those types of contracts? I mean, that is the reason Dumont is gone now and Dido didn't stick around long, right?

The contract doesn't have any effect on the waivers. Players with two-way contracts just make less when they play in the AHL. A players' waiver status is determined by how many games he has played in AHL/NHL and/or how many years have passed since he signed his first NHL contract.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Most of the guys we would call up are waiver exempt. In fact, I can't think of anyone on the short list of call ups that we would need to expose. Maybe Bournival?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
What? In the case that Conacher sits you move Peca with Killorn and Gourde given he's played both wing and center, and Brown slots nicely next to Paquette on the 4th line.

My reply was on the basis you were aware we weren't getting the callup, so I thought you still wanted to rotate Brown and Conacher, which is a bad idea.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What do you guys think about Rick Nash at the TDL? He is playing great but little to show for it, and has been kinda snake bitten, but scored a big GW goal last night. Would love and prefer for him to stay in NY, but don’t think it’s in the cards right now, and for him to come to Tampa would be the next best thing, well for me. Lol.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
What do you guys think about Rick Nash at the TDL? He is playing great but little to show for it, and has been kinda snake bitten, but scored a big GW goal last night. Would love and prefer for him to stay in NY, but don’t think it’s in the cards right now, and for him to come to Tampa would be the next best thing, well for me. Lol.
nah id prefer a faster winger

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think this is a cap maneuver. We're probably not putting Callahan on LTIR to prepare for Sergachev and Point's ELC bonuses (maybe Kunitz too - 35+ contracts can have bonuses). We don't want to have an overage going into next season if we can avoid it.

Plus, with Syracuse hot and our prospects young, might as well leave them down there to keep winning.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I would be looking for an upgrade at 4th line Center and Nate Thompson would be the guy I would be going after. If Budaj struggles I think we found our solution in Dominique and 3rd line RW is a 10 minute gig on this team. Why take away ice time from Kucherov and Johnson ?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I would be looking for an upgrade at 4th line Center and Nate Thompson would be the guy I would be going after. If Budaj struggles I think we found our solution in Dominique and 3rd line RW is a 10 minute gig on this team. Why take away ice time from Kucherov and Johnson ?

I don't think 3RW is nearly the need it was a few weeks ago. Let that be a showcase spot for whoever deserves a callup. 4C is really the only spot I'd like to upgrade. I'd like a guy to take big Dzone draws.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We don't need to upgrade on Budaj. His numbers aren't great but we've gotten 7 of a possible 12 points in his starts. The games we didn't take the 2 full we have given up 7 PP goal and 1 SH of the 13 in those games. Last night we gave up 2 PP goals, we can't keep taking so many penalties with the backup in. We have played poorly in front of him too, we seem to do that with our backups a lot. Domingue is looking good but that's in the AHL, his last several showings in the NHL he was far worse that Budaj has looked. It's also not worth spending assets on an upgrade when we are getting points.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

But can he win faceoffs?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
We don't need to upgrade on Budaj. His numbers aren't great but we've gotten 7 of a possible 12 points in his starts. The games we didn't take the 2 full we have given up 7 PP goal and 1 SH of the 13 in those games. Last night we gave up 2 PP goals, we can't keep taking so many penalties with the backup in. We have played poorly in front of him too, we seem to do that with our backups a lot. Domingue is looking good but that's in the AHL, his last several showings in the NHL he was far worse that Budaj has looked. It's also not worth spending assets on an upgrade when we are getting points.
I think we can make it through the regular season with him but I still would like better playoff insurance. If a nice rental option comes up it could be worth it but I wouldn't stress out about it.

Reactions: Sky04

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Need to look for a more solid backup Golie in all honesty or just get Budaj more games and see if that fixes it? Most of his games have been rough minus the LA game I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad