Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Sky, just stop.

Anyway, Nick, you would really put another Bolts bro on ignore? I personally have no one on ignore lol

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Keep Stamkos and Kucherov together. Dare the other team to try and stop them.

They pretty much did whatever the hell they wanted to together last year.

Yeah.

I feel like Vlad complements them pretty nicely, keep him on their left side.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How do you know this as a fact.....

Callahan fits right in the bill of Kuch's off-season comments guys who are signed long term not pulling their weight and comfortable collecting a paycheck.

Seriously - what an odd thing to say.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Honest question: how many teams have two lock 40 goal scorers on one line?

Not too many. Rangers would die to just get one. But it's about depth. Tampa's bottom 6 was not good last year, and then Johnson getting hurt again just set them back. If they can get a strong top 9 going, then like their odds.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Honest question: how many teams have two lock 40 goal scorers on one line?

Neither are locks, Stamkos scored 36 in his last full season and Kucherov scored 40 once and will probably drop considering he's more likely to pass if Stamkos if on his line.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Neither are locks, Stamkos scored 36 in his last full season and Kucherov scored 40 once and will probably drop considering he's more likely to pass if Stamkos if on his line.

So hard to tell with Stamkos. I agree that I wouldn't pencil Kucherov in as a 40g scorer though. Who knows if we get a similar PP production next season?

I am also more of a fan of splitting up Kucherov and Stamkos. I don't see the benefit of being a one line team, especially considering how Cooper rolls lines.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So hard to tell with Stamkos. I agree that I wouldn't pencil Kucherov in as a 40g scorer though. Who knows if we get a similar PP production next season?

I am also more of a fan of splitting up Kucherov and Stamkos. I don't see the benefit of being a one line team, especially considering how Cooper rolls lines.

Would make sense to split up Stamkos and Kucherov, go for more depth. They can carry their own lines, and can just fill in the missing pieces around those two...

???? - Stamkos - ????
???? - ???? - Kucherov

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Would make sense to split up Stamkos and Kucherov, go for more depth. They can carry their own lines, and can just fill in the missing pieces around those two...

???? - Stamkos - ????
???? - ???? - Kucherov

namestnikov-stamkos-point
triplets

?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Stamkos is coming off injury and outside the 2012 season he has troubles producing on his own, with Drouin gone you almost need to pencil Stamkos-Kucherov together at this point and then work around that. Another reason why trading Drouin hurts short term, we lose flexibility in the lineup, our PP is a huge question mark considering he was the PPQB and we got no immediate roster help.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Stamkos is coming off injury and outside the 2012 season he has troubles producing on his own, with Drouin gone you almost need to pencil Stamkos-Kucherov together at this point and then work around that. Another reason why trading Drouin hurts short term, we lose flexibility in the lineup, our PP is a huge question mark considering he was the PPQB and we got no immediate roster help.

Well we have a couple of guys we could try. Point has really good vision and good wheels - maybe we try him on Stamkos' wing.

We have Kucherov-Stamkos if we need it, but even Stamkos playing "poorly" is a threat, and I don't have faith in Johnson carrying a line on his own without more skill on his wing.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Well we have a couple of guys we could try. Point has really good vision and good wheels - maybe we try him on Stamkos' wing.

We have Kucherov-Stamkos if we need it, but even Stamkos playing "poorly" is a threat, and I don't have faith in Johnson carrying a line on his own without more skill on his wing.

If you move Point with Stamkos you'd have to move the triplets up to the first line and hope the other 2 pull their weight. Namestnikov/Killorn-Stamkos-Point seems more like 2nd line to me. Neither lines seems like an elite top line given the recent level of play, Stamkos-Kucherov gives you an elite pairing but kind of dilutes the talent afterwards. If Palat and Johnson weren't such questiomarks I'd be more confident in the lineup.

Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Killorn-Stamkos-Point
Gourde-Names-Callahan
Kunitz-Dumont-Conacher/Brown

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
callahan worked with palat WELL very well.

Kucherov needs speed which means point I get all of you shying from that one but the line is kucherov stamkos point

then you put tyjo palat callahan and your issues are solved.

Tyjo also gets some major benefit of playing with callahan that he can be less physical himself and maybe that keeps them both on the ice more lol fingers crossed hell add the toes

third line
vladdy gourde killorn

paquette kunitz dumont
brown conacher still have doubts conacher makes team think bournival myself at this point

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Callahan worked well with Palat in 1996. Penciling Callahan anywhere but the third/fourth line is a colossal mistake unless he shows he still has something in the tank.

And Kucherov/Stamkos/Point makes no sense as a line. Two right shots + left shooting RW? Nah - pass.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Kucherov needs speed which means point I get all of you shying from that one but the line is kucherov stamkos point

Tyjo also gets some major benefit of playing with callahan that he can be less physical himself and maybe that keeps them both on the ice more lol fingers crossed hell add the toes

third line
vladdy gourde killorn

paquette kunitz dumont
brown conacher still have doubts conacher makes team think bournival myself at this point

If Cally truly is 100 percent healthy and is hungry like he said, then can see him being in the top 6, and if he is playing well, no one is going to care if he is in the top 6. With Drouin and Filppula gone, those top 6 spots are up for grabs. I'd rather keep Point at the 3C spot. Gives a nice 1-2-3 punch down the middle. Also , didn't Point play better when he was at center? I need to re-watch some games, was not sure.

Anyway, Just have to wait and see what happens in Oct. You know the lines will never be written in stone and will go with who's hot or cold.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Palat-Johnson-Callahan would be the ultimate meat and potato line, they wont generate anything except bad shots off the wing into the goalies chest. 18-09 need a skilled 3rd person to generate their possession game.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

third line
vladdy gourde killorn

paquette kunitz dumont

What major benefit.. Johnson is at his best with 2 skilled linemates. Johnson's best performances have come with MSL and Kucherov as his RW not Callahan or Killorn or whoever 3rd liner we've tried him with.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
What major benefit.. Johnson is at his best with 2 skilled linemates. Johnson's best performances have come with MSL and Kucherov as his RW not Callahan or Killorn or whoever 3rd liner we've tried him with.

Agree. It might actually be a good idea to keep Kucherov on the triplets line because if we could have that line and Stamkos line being dangerous again, we're right back to one of the best top 6 in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->