Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
so... whats our top 6 and top 4 next year...

Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Palat-Johnson-Point

If Stamkos gets injured again we'll be in an even worse spot than last, and Kucherov seems to be the only player who can drive offense with the puck, god forbid he gets injured and it'll be a gongshow up front. None of Palat, Johnson or Stamkos have been good puck carriers the past few years.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Palat-Johnson-Point

If Stamkos gets injured again we'll be in an even worse spot than last, and Kucherov seems to be the only player who can drive offense with the puck, god forbid he gets injured and it'll be a gongshow up front. None of Palat, Johnson or Stamkos have been good puck carriers the past few years.

Names in the top 6.. EEEEWWWWW he's useless

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Palat-Johnson-Point

Namestnikov is a good puck carrier and Point looked good last year. Gourde as the 3C has some good puck handling. I like the lineup and we should have better depth too.

Namestnikov - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Point
Killorn - Gourde - Callahan
Erne - Paquette - Brown

Hedman - Dotchin
Koekkoek - Stralman
Coburn - Sustr

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I think Yzerman has one more trick up his sleeve in either trading Kilhorn, Callahan, or Garrison opening up money and spot to sign a goal scorer on a one year cup winning deal. (Radulov, Vanek,Marleau)

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Vladdy has a lot to prove, wish we woulda hung onto Marchessault (incorrectly spelled I'm sure) after '16.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Names has just been so disappointing with Tampa, hoping he can finally have a breakthrough year

Yeah but Vladdy is not making a crazy amount of money. He is def productive enough for what he is making. Think if he improves his defensive game, can be a solid 3C.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Names has just been so disappointing with Tampa, hoping he can finally have a breakthrough year

Namestnikov has been bounced around more like Drouin ever did, he's the definition of a stopgap, but the point is that he seems like a good complementary, and very reliable player. Ain't gonna score, but he's a good teammate. That's what the advanced stats and Kucherov say at least.

I fear Yzerman/Coop suffer from an unhealthy affection for Killorn tho and they won't expose him.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Vladdy really flourished at the World Championships. I think he's going to be much more consistent this season for us. Definitely worth his current pay.

With Drouin gone, I'm even more attached to keeping Johnson. Think we now have the cap space to sign him and Palat without much trouble.

It's Killorn (Mr. Not A Single Fricking Point at the WC let alone the second half of the regular season) and Paquette and Sustr that I would not miss. At. All.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
I wanted to see Killorn gone via expansion draft but now that we don't have to expose him, I am happy to see him back. If he's in the zone he scores like crazy.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm starting to get worried about our offense next year it's all on kucherov and stamkos now we need depth badly

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov
Callahan-Johnson-Point
Killorn-Names-Gourde
Erne-Paq-Brown

Hedman-Dotchin
Garrison-Stralman
Koekkoek-Coburn

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Eh, no way that top 6 wins a cup. Will be very surprised if SY doesn't make a move.

They made it all the way to the SCF without Drouin in the top 6. That top six was..

Killorn - Stamkos - Callahan/Filppula
Palat - Johnson - Kucherov

You then add guys like Point, Namestnikov, and Gourde to that Top 9, and that is a very good lineup. Having Kucherov and Stamkos alone is something most teams don't have. Two forwards capable of scoring 40 goals. I am also confident Callahan, Johnson, and Palat will all bounce back.

But now they have the cap space to go after some missing pieces if needed.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
They made it all the way to the SCF without Drouin in the top 6. That top six was..

You then add guys like Point, Namestnikov, and Gourde to that Top 9, and that is a very good lineup. Having Kucherov and Stamkos alone is something most teams don't have. Two forwards capable of scoring 40 goals. I am also confident Callahan, Johnson, and Palat will all bounce back.

I want to see yzerman try and build a good 3rd line try and sign vanek and Brian Boyle.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I agree it's not bad at all. There's a lot of ifs and that is what worries me most about it. If Stamkos stays healthy. If Johnson and Palat can come back to '15 level of play, if Callahan can come back to his best game and stay healthy, if Killorn can be more consistent, if Point can continue what he did last year, etc. granted all of that is possible and if that happens I feel confident in our offense. Remember that team in '15 was also tops in the league in scoring too. No reason why they can't get back to that.

I would feel better if we added somebody to have some more depth scoring. I like Gourde coming back. I just don't see a whole lot of great scoring potential after him and we need some. Especially with the loss of Drouin. It is certainly possible that SY offers a contract to Radulov. Especially if Killorn goes to Vegas.

Namestnikov Stamkos Kucherov
Palat Johnson Radulov
Gourde Point Callahan
Erne Boyle Brown
Paquette

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Don't usually armchair GM but I decided to check out cap friendly.

According to them we have $17.5 mil left + an extra 2 mil if the cap goes up to 75.

So $19.5 mil to sign:

Johnson
Palat
Sustr(plz no)
Back up goalie
Koekkoek
Dumont
Dotchin

and a bunch of other AHL guys that are RFAs or UFAs.

Have to imagine at least 5 to both Palat and Johnson.

Someone has to come off the books to go after a top 4 D. Really hoping we can get rid of Killorn or Garrison.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

According to them we have $17.5 mil left + an extra 2 mil if the cap goes up to 75.

So $19.5 mil to sign:

Johnson
Palat
Sustr(plz no)
Back up goalie
Koekkoek
Dumont
Dotchin

Someone has to come off the books to go after a top 4 D. Really hoping we can get rid of Killorn or Garrison.

think vegas takes coburn now which will help the money for that d man.

so as now we got vasy and x I hope we dont bring back the other goalie just my two cents

vladdy kucherov stamkos
tyjo palat callahan
point killer erne
boyle ufa paquette brown
x x
hedman sergachev or x
stralman koekkoek
dotchin garrison
witkowski or x

and yes todd i think callahan is done but we can get plug in for his six million lol
i like how we look myself

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

So $19.5 mil to sign:

Johnson
Palat
Sustr(plz no)
Back up goalie
Koekkoek
Dumont
Dotchin

I think Johnson and maybe Dotchin are gone for a top 4 d man. Brodin ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad