2017/18 Positivity Thread

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
A positive thing are , a couple of more losses and we get rid of Lelland!He have lost the boys!

9010 bucks on Oilers tonight, easy peasy win!

PeanutButterPoti

Dec 17, 2017
This season is such a rollercoaster. Finish the week off right (CGY loss to MTL in regulation, victory vs MTL on Saturday)...things will look VERY interesting heading into Christmas. Still a lot of hurdles to jump, and consistency to maintain, but a win like tonight's seems to have really changed the tone of a lot of people. Good stuff!

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Lots of positivity to build on.

Talbot is looking pretty good after his time on IR.

McLellan finally got the point that Draisaitl and McDavid should be split up most of the time.

Gryba is gone, never to be seen again. Benning is on the verge of being sent down for the season once Klefa is healthy. Nurse/Larsson Klefa/Sekera Davidson/Russell is the best defence this team has iced in over a decade.

Reactions: optimism

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think most people were OK with hanging around .500 until Sekera got back. That's pretty much where we're at right now.

Reactions: optimism

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Pretty well the entire month this team has looked as good as any of the best in the NHL. They have flat out dominated every game in chances. Bad bounces in both Leaf games are the reason we aren't tied for a playoff spot right now.

This is the best center depth this team has had since the dynasty years. This is the best defense since the 06 cup run. Talbot is back in game form.

We are simply in this hole due to bad luck. If the bad luck is over, I think we still make the playoffs and become that team nobody wants to face.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Last night reminded me of this team with a 1 or 2 goal lead from last year where they were able to shut the game down rather easily. Hopefully this trend continues along with the domination of the pacific division in 2017. No doubt they'll make the playoffs in my mind.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Team has been absolutely dominant since Draisaitl was put at centre, with the exception being the 1st period of the first loss to the Leafs (they dominated after that). They actually look like one of the best teams in the league over that period, and now that they're getting good goaltending and are about to get Klefbom back they should be able to keep it going. Sekera's game has been fine since returning, but he's only going to get better as he gets back into game shape.

This team hasn't had this kind of high end skill and depth in a very long time. Having to choose between Davidson and Benning when Klefbom is healthy is a pretty awesome problem to have. Being able to swap through Cammy, Caggiula, and Slepyshev as your healthy scratch is something we haven't had the luxury of in the past. Long gone are the days where this teams 13th forward was a completely useless player who belonged in the AHL full time.

It will be interesting to see if they do pick up a scoring winger after the trade freeze like Stauffer had been hinting at. Line chemistry looks pretty good at the moment so I'd think if you did it would have to be without subtracting a roster player, or that roster player would have to be Slepyshev going the other way.

Also another positive with this team in terms of playoff hopes. We have 17 ROW's. Of the teams in front of us (excluding the top 3 pacific teams) only Dallas and Chicago also have 17, Anaheim only has 14, and everyone else 16. This could be really important if it comes down to the wire fighting for a wild card spot.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Wasn't it like 3% or lower near the start of the month?
Not in Moneypuck.com. I don't think it has been under 20% at anytime. I think they value performance (xG and unblocked shots for) in their calculations and Oilers have been above 50% on those all season long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad