2017/18 Positivity Thread

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Bright spot is if the Oilers can find victories in the next two games, I believe they will finish November over .500, which is a step in the right direction.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Let's go, boys. I seriously always thought that Sekera's presence on the team was huge ever since he hit his stride as an Oiler. Our best d-men for the majority of our best season in years, our best puck mover, most versatile d-men for special teams, and he also happened to be a highly respected vet who was only praised by every one of his prior teams' fans. Here's hoping that he comes back soon to instill some Seksy Seks into this team's morale

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nurse/Larsson playing like a 1st pair always relaxes me. And the hope of a collective bounce back by so many of our underachieving players.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
After 24 games....
-Calgary last year had 21 points to our 20 and they made the playoffs by 7 points
- In 2015-2016 The Ducks also had 21 points and ended first in the division

No good news in the years before that.

So we are only 1 point down from them....maybe we can still turn it around......maybe.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The opposite of positive is negative and we’ve had enough of that energy around this team the past decade to last a lifetime.

Frustration I get.

Positive Waves baby, as Oddball from Kelly’s Heroes would say.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
After 24 games....
-Calgary last year had 21 points to our 20 and they made the playoffs by 7 points
- In 2015-2016 The Ducks also had 21 points and ended first in the division

No good news in the years before that.

So we are only 1 point down from them....maybe we can still turn it around......maybe.

Another "positive" is that we picked an ok year to be bad because the West in general is super underwhelming.

Some years we would already be 12 points out of a wildcard. Somehow we're only 6. Coupled with all the West games coming up, which we're better suited for (we are too slow for the East) and it's not all awful.

Just mostly.

There I tried.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
From a distance they seem to be turning things around. It was a bad start to be sure but those things happen from time to time. The Islanders last year were in 30th position at Christmas I believe it was and they went on to 94 points and just missed the playoffs by 1 point to Toronto the last day. And The Oilers have a division that isn't exactly running away from them and they do have the players to go on a run.

Stop focusing on outside distractions like Eberle vs Strome or whether Russell is overpaid or Lucic And just Focus on whats good. it will the stress and allow you to see that all is not lost and that once you get to the post season you're no better or worse off than if you started 30-0 or 0-30. Literally 3 good weeks and you could be leading the division

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
40 of the remaining 57 games are against the West; 25 of those are within the division. Lots of opportunity to gain points on teams they are chasing.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
"No matter how hard you try you can't stop us now.
No matter how hard you try you can't stop us now!
We're the renegades of this atomic age.
This atomic age of renegades!"

I think I did it wrong. I broke it. Ah well. This doesn't really fit, but used to kinda like this song:

The Oilers are the renegades of funk...on the ice! (Whatever that means. Meh.)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Let's go, boys. I seriously always thought that Sekera's presence on the team was huge ever since he hit his stride as an Oiler. Our best d-men for the majority of our best season in years, our best puck mover, most versatile d-men for special teams, and he also happened to be a highly respected vet who was only praised by every one of his prior teams' fans. Here's hoping that he comes back soon to instill some Seksy Seks into this team's morale
The issue is quite clear to me at this point for the Oilers slow start. There's just far too many shin pads that are being allowed to live with Sekera out of the lineup.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
The issue is quite clear to me at this point for the Oilers slow start. There's just far too many shin pads that are being allowed to live with Sekera out of the lineup.

Someone glue that guy's knee back together and get him the hell back on the ice!
Sucks to lose a huge part of our top-4 D. Hope he's back soon.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I'm really positive about Nurse. Knew this guy was going to be something.
The way he is skating the puck is a beautiful thing to see.
Twenty some seconds left in the game last night he glances at the clock and rather than make a pass or do something that might result in the Yotes getting one last shot he carries it up the ice.
Love this kid.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oilers are currently 10-13-2 22 points

Lets see if we can keep pace with Calgary and Anaheim from their bad start seasons. At game 30
Calgary: 15-13-2 32 points
Anaheim: 11-14-5 29 points

So we need 7 points in the next 5 games to at least keep pace with Anaheim so something like..
3-1-1
2-0-3

If we lose more than 1 in regulation we fall behind the mark.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Alright, some preemptive charging of our game tonight.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad