2017-18 New Goalie Equipment/Masks

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
I like Crawfords mask. But what bothers me about it is that it is painted flat and flat has no reflection, but decides to put artificial reflections on there in lens flares.. that makes no sense to me.. defeats the purpose of a flat design.

On the flip side of that, the goalies who use a glossy finish on their masks, why is there a need for adding lens flares? You mask is already going to be reflective and shiny under the arena lights.

Realize

What the hell has happened to Lundqvists new mask?

I've been a fan of his masks over the years (even if they came from Daveart) .. but this one looks so damn ugly ...
Hopefully he will see that as well and put his new bucket into .... the bucket.

Let's hope that the backup will have a better design, as happened in the past as well (Raanta, Talbot)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd like to see a DaveFart mask without the stupid lens flare for once, that Lundqvist glass liberty one is god awful, then the Crawford mask, yikes, that Oettinger mask would have been fantastic but he couldn't help himself at all.

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
I Do not like Lundqvist new mask either.

Just me dreaming a lot but it should be simple to do a really cool New York mask just take Manhattan silhouette on one side quite big with water at the bottom/side and the moon shadows in the water,use black and white colours for night theme, also black on top with clear night stars and on the other side statue of liberty also in black and white night theme colours and silver for the grid and Hanks King crown in red blue and white in the chin area.

Blend it with rangers colured stripes at the very bottom on the sides :popcorn:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Crawford's mask is very nice. I hate it when goalies use all of that fantasy crap on their helmets like monsters and dragons. Grow up.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I don't hate the designs of modern helmets as it's ultimately up to what the goalie prefers so who am I to say they're wrong?

That said I would kill for someone to come along with a preference for the simpler old school designs, develop an iconic repeatable look, and stick with it from year to year. That Crawford mask is kinda similar but I agree with those who find it too busy or stylized. Actually whichever Hawks backup it was a couple years ago who paid tribute to Belfour's red hawk mask did it perfectly imo.

I still miss the Brodeur/Richter/Vanbiesbrouck/etc. designs, though can understand if some are bored by them.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
This would go great with an acid-washed denim jacket and a pair of Reebok pumps. :sarcasm:

$

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think Rinne's mask will look great on the ice where you can make out the logo better. It's a much cleaner design than some of his past stuff.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I don't hate the designs of modern helmets as it's ultimately up to what the goalie prefers so who am I to say they're wrong?

That said I would kill for someone to come along with a preference for the simpler old school designs, develop an iconic repeatable look, and stick with it from year to year. That Crawford mask is kinda similar but I agree with those who find it too busy or stylized. Actually whichever Hawks backup it was a couple years ago who paid tribute to Belfour's red hawk mask did it perfectly imo.

I still miss the Brodeur/Richter/Vanbiesbrouck/etc. designs, though can understand if some are bored by them.

I like where you are coming from, with Belfour or Cujo, for example, they were great. But Brodeur's was always lame, so was Roy's Canadiens mask, and I am one who likes the simpler look.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
One thing I always find interesting/funny, is how many of the 3rd/4th/5th stringers have NHL masks painted up. Like Alex Lyon, not sure where he is on the Flyers depth chart, but guessing quite low.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Antti Raanta's new Coyotes mask:

20728014_10155603464149819_5031849622360001029_n.jpg

"Antti Raanta's alter ego is driving a real wild west locomotive on his new Arizona Coyotes bucket! Yep, the mask is transformed into a real wild west locomotive driving full speed with full steam.... Watch out and keep the tracks open beacuse this train goes fast! I gotta say, it is really fun to work with you Antti! Thank you buddy! #anttiraanta @arizonacoyotes @nhl #DaveArt #nhl #DaveArtTheMaskNerd #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity"

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Antti Raanta's new Coyotes mask:

20728014_10155603464149819_5031849622360001029_n.jpg

"Antti Raanta's alter ego is driving a real wild west locomotive on his new Arizona Coyotes bucket! Yep, the mask is transformed into a real wild west locomotive driving full speed with full steam.... Watch out and keep the tracks open because this train goes fast! I gotta say, it is really fun to work with you Antti! Thank you buddy! #anttiraanta @arizonacoyotes @nhl #DaveArt #nhl #DaveArtTheMaskNerd #DaveArtTheCradleOfCreativity"

I really like this one, a lot!

I like simple masks, but this one, screams EA NHL, to me!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I really like this one, a lot!

I like simple masks, but this one, screams EA NHL, to me!

While I don't disagree if you saw the other side it's more "advanced" if you will. I can't get the picture to link up though. Overall I prefer these styles moreso than Davearts nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad