2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I just read a sportnet rumor that the kings are talking to montreal . Alex Galchenyuk was mentions from them and Martinez or Muzzin from us. I read the montreal gm was at the islander king game scouting us.

Habs tried to move Galchenyuk to the Pens, who wanted a 3rd line center but the price (reportedly) was Ollie Maata and the Pens moved on, getting Riley Sheahan from the Wings for Scott Wilson, a forward .

The Kings have been shopping for a center since last year, so it is not a surprise they might be fishing for Galchenyuk , but the price would have to be right. he's young enough to be a part of the team going forward but a risk because he's has yet to really show much.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Today's NHL Network poll: Who does it first?
a. LA loses their first reg game to Lumbus
or
b. The Cryotes get their first win

Everyone voted we lose first.
I just read a sportnet rumor that the kings are talking to montreal . Alex Galchenyuk was mentions from them and Martinez or Muzzin from us. I read the montreal gm was at the islander king game scouting us.

Galchenyuk would love to get the hell out of MTL!

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Good question Montreal is a good defensive team as a rule However next time i see a Galchenyuk thread i will ask.

Im a bit curious as to what would happen to the team if say we get a Galchenyuk for Amart+pick??? Kopitar, Carter, Galchenyuk, Vilardi, Amadio, Shore, Dowd, Kempe, Lewis... I mean thats a lot of natural centers plus Pearson, Toffoli, Gaborik, Brown, Iafallo, Auger, Brodzinski, Clifford, Andreoff, etc... that trade would have to be followed by another in the off season to help shed salary, maybe acquire another Dman but then you also have Doughty, Forbort, Fantenberg(UFA), Muzzin, LaDue, Clague, Gravel, MacDermid, Frolin(UFA)...

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
It would be foolish to trade Amart or Muzzin for offense right now, seriously zero reasons to do that. Folin and Fantenberg have been OK, even good at times, but they were not so good tonight. Putting Mac or Ladue in for Martinez tonight would have resulted in a loss, Columbus was a handful.

This team doesn't need offensive help, the style they are playing is allowing players to use their tools effectively.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
It would be foolish to trade Amart or Muzzin for offense right now, seriously zero reasons to do that. Folin and Fantenberg have been OK, even good at times, but they were not so good tonight. Putting Mac or Ladue in for Martinez tonight would have resulted in a loss, Columbus was a handful.

This team doesn't need offensive help, the style they are playing is allowing players to use their tools effectively.

This. I wouldn't want to lose one of Martinez or Muzzin either and from the looks of Fantenbergs and Folins icetime . I don't buy the rumor of Martinez or Muzzin getting traded but I might believe the Galchenyuk rumors . If true , I hope we can get him for maybe younger defenseman like Ladue and other pieces. He would definitely be a welcomed addition to our team and make a difference .

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014

Agreed. We stand as we are.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
At 6-0-1 do you even dare to break up the chemistry right now? Trading an Amart or Muzzin right now wouldn't be good for morale, you want these guys to play well, they are playing out of their minds then you trade Muzzin or Amart, that would be a tough sell for Blake. Hold the line, if things start to fall apart then maybe make a move, right now they have earned some security.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Babcock just called the kings the best team in the NHL.

“Well they smacked us around,” said Babcock. “But I also think you need lessons in your life. When everything goes good all the time that’s not good for you. You need a good tightening every once and awhile – I thought we got it last night – (now) we’ve got the best team in the league coming in. They haven’t lost yet. They’ve got a real good back end, good forwards. They’re playing well. They’ve got good goaltending.

www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/home-ice-drubbing-kings-still-stings-maple-leafs-11-months-later/

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008

“Well they smacked us around,” said Babcock. “But I also think you need lessons in your life. When everything goes good all the time that’s not good for you. You need a good tightening every once and awhile – I thought we got it last night – (now) we’ve got the best team in the league coming in. They haven’t lost yet. They’ve got a real good back end, good forwards. They’re playing well. They’ve got good goaltending.

www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/home-ice-drubbing-kings-still-stings-maple-leafs-11-months-later/
So much for sneaking up on them. They'll be waiting...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Babcock is an excellent coach. He knows how to motivate his team.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

“Well they smacked us around,” said Babcock. “But I also think you need lessons in your life. When everything goes good all the time that’s not good for you. You need a good tightening every once and awhile – I thought we got it last night – (now) we’ve got the best team in the league coming in. They haven’t lost yet. They’ve got a real good back end, good forwards. They’re playing well. They’ve got good goaltending

Sounds like something Sutter would have said about an opposing team.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
No way the Kings should trade Martinez. Who's gonna celebrate goals on this team? Gotta have guys who make the game fun.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/la-kings-storming-to-power-in-western-conference/c-292092936
"A lot of it had to do with why we weren't very good last year. … And we finally made that coaching change. Now everyone … the life in the room is just up there.

"It's so much fun. Coming to the rink every single morning, we're excited to get there.

"Whereas, maybe in the past few years, it was almost like, '…. do I have to go the rink again?' You know what I mean? When you're not having fun playing hockey, you're not going to play well. Especially myself.

"I think that's how most players are. Some guys can be serious but you still need to have fun when you go to practice. You still need to have fun to come in here and win games. It's like anyone, if you don't enjoy your job, you're not going to do a good job."

Reactions: KingCanadain1976
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad