Vecchione, Mike ~ C
Vorobyev, Mikhail ~ C
Warren, Brendan ~ LW
Willcox, Reece ~ RHD

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm going Voro here, because he is a straight-up pimp, but I have him in a total dead heat with Laczynski, with Ratcliffe close behind the pair of them. I think Ratcliffe could get more attention and headlines from scoring, but these two could be absolutely crucial in the playoffs when we need smart players doing smart things. I love all these guys around here and I can't wait to champion them when people take them for granted or fail to see what they offer.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
This is the first really tough one for me. I can pretty easily justify Vorobyev, Friedman, Laczynski, and Ratcliffe. I could even see myself going for Laberge if I rigidly stick to upside and if you told me NAK ended up the best of this group, I don't think I would be shocked.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I voted vorobyov can't wait to see him play live. I have vorobyov and laczynski tied ratcliffe just behind them. How amazing is it that a guy that was a projected 1st round talent may not even be in the top 10 flyers prospects. Mark Friedman is a guy that may be getting under appreciated due to lack of viewings he could be in the top 10 also.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
I went ratcliffe as I think he has very good upside as a big top 6 winger. Could easily of went hagg here though as well. I just think ratcliffe has the potential to make more of an impact than Hagg.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Couldn't decide between Ratcliffe and Voy, I went with Ratcliffe. I think he has higher upside.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
I'm going Voro here, because he is a straight-up pimp, but I have him in a total dead heat with Laczynski, with Ratcliffe close behind the pair of them. I think Ratcliffe could get more attention and headlines from scoring, but these two could be absolutely crucial in the playoffs when we need smart players doing smart things. I love all these guys around here and I can't wait to champion them when people take them for granted or fail to see what they offer.

Vote PIMP, 2017!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm going Ratcliffe, Vorobyov and Laczynski are ahead of him on the development curve, but how many 6'6 forwards who can skate and have a modicum of skills are there in the NHL compared to solid two way forwards with limited upsides? So this is an upside v probability of success choice.

I'm not sure where to put Hagg, because I'm not sure if he's 3rd pair only, or can develop into a solid two way 2nd pair defender. It may simply be that he's developing fine, but after Ghost, Provorov, Morin, Sanheim and Myers, expectations have been raised to unsustainable levels of what's "normal" for a top 4 defensive prospect. The same logic probably applies to Friedman, who four years ago would hands down be our best defensive prospect.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I ended up going Vorobyev because I'm as certain as I can be that he sticks in the middle. Middle 6 Cs have a good bit of positional value to me. I'll probably be alone with the 1 voter on Friedman next.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
Going with Ratcliffe since vast majority of scouts had him as a 1st rd pick. He has huge upside while Voro and Hagg are more just solid prospects who should be depth players in the NHL.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Same as last time for me. Vorobyev, with Laczynski a hair behind.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Voted Hagg.

Think a combo of Ratcliffe, Vorobyev, Laczynski, & Friedman are next, in some fashion. Followed by Laberge & Strome, then my expectations of hitting drop.

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Hagg
Vorobyov
Ratcliffe
Laczynski

For me. Everyone's so close now it could go any way, but since Hagg is NHL ready he gets my vote here. The fact that we have this many decent prospects at 8-13 is pretty ridiculous. That depth tho..

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's kinda tough to have Laberge high on the list, over guys who have been making progress, when he had a bad year.

Obviously that injury was a huge deal, but he wasn't great even when uninjured so you can't pin it all on that. He definitely isn't a lost cause or anything, but he needs a good bounce-back year.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
montreal-canada-january-5-2017-russias-forward-mikhail-vorobyov-takes-HGACCD.jpg

VOTE FOR THE PIMP!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad