Prospect Info: 2017-18 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #7

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Can't really think of a great comparable off my head. Think Robert Thomas plays a bit like him, who was just drafted, though his skating is better and he's way more pass first.

He must be made of stone or something because for an average guy he does NOT get knocked off pucks, even by bigger players. It's absurd at times. Really good vision, and that's his standout offensive trait, with his head always up. So good at passing the puck down low or from the wall while absorbing contact. The way he goes to the net, combined with having a real sniper's wrist shot and good shot total numbers, I think he has a bit more goal scoring potential in him than the goal numbers show but idk. He shot the puck more this year than Allison, who was a ridiculous shot generator in the USHL. 3 shots/game as a freshman is really good. Fantastic at forechecking and creating turnovers, real high IQ. He's likely going to be on the wing, but he's a real center and good in the dot too. Just needs to keep working on his first few strides and quickness.

My real worry about him isn't hockey related. It's that Laczynski and Marody, since they're both singers, quit hockey and become a musical duo.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Is there a current/recent Flyer he reminds you of? (in style)

I'm not great at this, but I'll throw out a couple names that pop in my mind... Michael Frolik, Radek Faksa, and Craig Smith. I'm not confident with those answers, but it's the best I can come up with at the moment. Maybe Magua can come up with something better.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can't really think of a great comparable off my head. Think Robert Thomas plays a bit like him, who was just drafted, though his skating is better and he's way more pass first.

He must be made of stone or something because for an average guy he does NOT get knocked off pucks, even by bigger players. It's absurd at times. Really good vision, and that's his standout offensive trait, with his head always up. So good at passing the puck down low or from the wall while absorbing contact. The way he goes to the net, combined with having a real sniper's wrist shot and good shot total numbers, I think he has a bit more goal scoring potential in him than the goal numbers show but idk. He shot the puck more this year than Allison, who was a ridiculous shot generator in the USHL. 3 shots/game as a freshman is really good. Fantastic at forechecking and creating turnovers, real high IQ. He's likely going to be on the wing, but he's a real center and good in the dot too. Just needs to keep working on his first few strides and quickness.

My real worry about him isn't hockey related. It's that Laczynski and Marody, since they're both singers, quit hockey and become a musical duo.

I'm not great at this, but I'll throw out a couple names that pop in my mind... Michael Frolik, Radek Faksa, and Craig Smith. I'm not confident with those answers, but it's the best I can come up with at the moment.

Thanks. :)

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
7a.Vorobyov(Already has played in the 2nd best league in the world)20 yrs old
b.Vecchione(Won a NCAA championship and was a Hobey Baker finalist)24 yrs old
c.Laberge...(Could be a steal of his draft year...Concussion???) Just 19 yrs old...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad