Sushko, Maxim ~ RW
Twarynski, Carson ~ LW
Vecchione, Mike ~ C
Warren, Brendan ~ LW
Willcox, Reece ~ RHD

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
This one is very tough, i was thinking mv, however hes so much older than the rest of the prospects...... I really like bernhardt and noah Cates.....

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Noah Cates... 6 years younger than Vecchione. I'll gladly gamble on the 6'1, skilled, pimply faced kid with upside. Mark Edwards from HockeyProspect.com's sleeper of the draft. I'd also consider Lycksell on similar grounds. He's just more unknown than Cates.

[Yt]4rywz1HiyeQ[/MEDIA]

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I voted Vecchione. His upside isn't great, but he should be an NHLer. The others are total unknowns, with not that much more upside.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I voted for cates he seams to be the wildcard of this draft hockey season can't start soon enough.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
First poll I'm having a real tough time with. I had Leier and Bernhardt here but I like Marody and all the chatter on here about Cates has inspired me to look into him more. So, I'm trying to pick between the latter two still. Anyone somehow seen Cates play? Marody has stood out to me personally when seeing him a couple of times in game.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I go Leier, MV, Bernhardt.
The rest have too many questions right now.

Leier has steadily progressed, looked respectable in his NHL cameo, and is a good bet to be at least a passable 4th line winger.

MV had a great college career but is at an age where he has to get promoted out of the AHL by next season or goodbye.

Bernhardt has size and skills, has some skating issues that could be fixed by getting stronger and some coaching, but 19 years old in the SHL is an accomplishment in and of itself.

The others, "show me."

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Went with Vecchione.

No reason to think he cant be a quality 4C. Low upside but high NHL probability.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Besides Black Book being really complimentary of Cates and thinking he was a gem, I liked that Mark Edwards thought it curious enough that multiple NHL scouts had no idea who he was -- "Who?" two different scouts said in the quotes section.

He's got a good frame to grow into, strong skills, supposedly his compete level and will to get dirty is fantastic. He passed his first, small USHL sample on one of the worst teams in the league......some good HS guys struggle with the jump. But the fact that Chris Pryor has connections to Stillwater, where Cates is from, and that the Flyers avoid Minnesota HS hockey like the plague in drafts, I'm thinking he stood out in a big way to them. He has the profile of someone who could've been underscouted and underrated on draft day.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Again going Bernhardt because he has the size most of these guys lack, as well as the skill to play and produce in the SHL at 19.

I think guys like Cates and Marody, who seem similar to me in several ways, have the potential to really move into the charts, though. Hope they have big seasons.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Went Vecch

I can't bring myself to vote for a kid who just got out of HS, at least not now. Next year? Hopefully. In another round or two? Sure!

With that being said...who wants to go to 25? 30? :naughty:

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I think Leier has roughly the same odds of becoming a 2nd line two way center as Travis Sanheim has of becoming our #1 Goaltender. Roughly. :sarcasm::laugh:

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
At this point I just keep voting for Leier or Vecchione, not because of their ceiling, but because I think they may actually play some games in the NHL.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
voted cates even though I still prefer marody here because I just don't want mv to win. I don't see mv having a high ceiling or having a high likelihood of even sticking in the bottom six. if he doesn't show enough to be on the 4th line this year then he is likely an ahl lifer. with the competition he will be facing for that 4th line spot, I don't think he will play significant time in the NHL unless we are hit with major injuries.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
voted cates even though I still prefer marody here because I just don't want mv to win. I don't see mv having a high ceiling or having a high likelihood of even sticking in the bottom six. if he doesn't show enough to be on the 4th line this year then he is likely an ahl lifer. with the competition he will be facing for that 4th line spot, I don't think he will play significant time in the NHL unless we are hit with major injuries.

I view Vecchione as 2nd in line to play 4C this upcoming season behind only Laughton. Vecchione has some advantages too. He is better on draws and defensively, unless we see improvement from Laughton there. Laughton is a better skater with a better shot but Vecchione isn't that far away from an NHL spot IMO. Even if he doesn't make the team, he is one injury to a bottom 6 Center away from possibly getting in the lineup.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I've voted for him in the last few polls, but we won't know if Vecchione is better on draws or defense than Laughton till he is playing in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad