Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Went with NAK this round

Hoping he gets top 6 minutes this season

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I went with Linus Hogberg even though I've never even seen him play. That should change in a couple weeks once the WJ Summer Showcase airs on TSN. He's still only 18 and has a year of SHL play under his belt. The reports seem to indicate raw talent and he was our scouts sleeper pick last draft.

I think there are a lot of super reasonable choices left. The one choice I am critical of is Vecchione. He's turning 25 this season and unless Hextall makes a trade, Vecchione is destined for the AHL. He doesn't have much appeal for me considering how many intriguing young guys are still on the board. In all honesty, I'd even rather throw my vote to an unknown kid with upside like Cates or Lycksell than vote Vecchione. I'd consider them a more valuable prospect.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I went with Linus Hogberg even though I've never even seen him play. That should change in a couple weeks once the WJ Summer Showcase airs on TSN. He's still only 18 and has a year of SHL play under his belt. The reports seem to indicate raw talent and he was our scouts sleeper pick last draft.

I think there are a lot of super reasonable choices left. The one choice I am critical of is Vecchione. He's turning 25 this season and unless Hextall makes a trade, Vecchione is destined for the AHL. He doesn't have much appeal for me considering how many intriguing young guys are still on the board. In all honesty, I'd even rather throw my vote to an unknown kid with upside like Cates or Lycksell than vote Vecchione. I'd consider them a more valuable prospect.

I 100% agree with both points, except that I would have Bunny first, then Actual Hog (not Strome).

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Not to crap on Bunnyman but AK had 2 38 goal seasons has a good motor and a decent 2 way game no? I think his numbers from his first AHL season have made people forget how excited we were for him as a junior

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not to crap on Bunnyman but AK had 2 38 goal seasons has a good motor and a decent 2 way game no? I think his numbers from his first AHL season have made people forget how excited we were for him as a junior

Hes still a solid prospect. He just needs the opportunity to shine. If Gordon doesnt give him (and other 2nd year Phantoms prospects) more responsibility then Hextall needs to step in and cut out the tumor.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Strome for me here easily. He's got too many unteachable tools. If he can get his skating to improve, which I'm fine betting on, then he flies up the list.

His upside is higher than NAK imo but I can understand voting on him.

The Bunnaman votes make no sense at all though, unless people are just joking around at this point I guess.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tough, Bunny Man had nice numbers, but AK had two 38 goal seasons post-draft. Last year was learning to play NHL defense. Could go either way. But AK has two solid post-draft seasons as a scorer and his AHL year shouldn't count against him. This could easily flip flop next year.

I'll go NAK because I think he's better than he looked in the AHL, paid his dues and should shine. Bunny Man has a solid tool kit, but he'd be chasing AK all night.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014

I think their is a high possibility that Vecchione has the greatest odds to make some type of an impact at the NHL level then anyone left. His ceiling isn't high, but he isn't far off from being a 4C who can win draws with good forechecking skills for his size and a possible scoring touch.

Highest ceiling wise, id prob go with Strome. He is a step away from a top 6 prospect imo.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I voted for bunny man we r at #15 on our prospect board and we r talking about top 6 potential. #future is bright

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
AK vs. Bunnyman at #15. The depth is incredible.

Also the B.Schenn trade is growing on me by the day. We can give our young prospects more opportunities and we add Frost + a 1st in what looks like a deep draft.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I think I have at least 6 more players before I'd vote for Vecchione: NAK, Bunnaman, Hogberg, Strome, Cates, probably Kase.....maybe Lycksell because I'm a sucker for Grundberg sleeper picks. I could probably think of another prospect or two tbh. Vecchione probably gets my vote when I don't see anyone jumping out at me.

It's hard to ignore he's turning 25 this season, and his ceiling is pretty capped on this team and perhaps otherwise. He's not getting beyond 4C or perhaps 3W. His ceiling is probably "versatile bottom 6," more likely a 4th liner, not that there's anything wrong with that. But Vecchione is the same age as Couturier......and he's always played above age at various competition levels, which padded his stats. We'll get an understanding of him this year against pros. I look at a guy like Leier, who is 1 year younger and has proven more as a pro, and think his profile is pretty similar, and I don't think he's much beyond a 4th liner. And I wouldn't vote for him anywhere near here. I think Vecchione has that new car smell compared to some guys.

Kosorenkov, Ivan ~ RW

I'd be curious where he'd go if the Flyers drafted him, or if we knew he signed. Wonder if he'd squeak into the top 20.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I went with NAK like I have for a few picks now. It looks like he's going to likely win this one.

I got Bunnaman next. A big body who knows how to get the danger areas & use his size/hands/shot to score goals. He plays a responsible game off the puck & could have a shot sticking down the middle going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad