Prospect Info: 2017-18 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #11

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
This list will be 15 players deep with players who have serious shots at being solid NHLers.

That's stupid.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The thing with Laberge is that he was inconsistent even leading up to this past year. Obviously there were issues off the ice in there as well. But he was the #2 overall pick entering the Q. So he had expectations on him entering the league & he was ultimately traded in his first year from Gatineau to Victoriaville.

So this past year was a big year for him to turn the corner & didn't suffering a serious concussion along the way. His projection is pretty tough to make right now as he's never really fully established himself in juniors yet.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I'm surprised there isn't more love for Bunnaman, especially when you consider he was a 3rd line center that scored 37 goals. Not sure what the Kitchener Rangers plans are for Bunnaman this year, but you'd have to figure that the Rangers are going to use the big guy on the top line and really round out his game. I'm thinking there's 50 goal upside with capable players flanking him and PP1 time.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm surprised there isn't more love for Bunnaman, especially when you consider he was a 3rd line center that scored 37 goals. Not sure what the Kitchener Rangers plans are for Bunnaman this year, but you'd have to figure that the Rangers are going to use the big guy on the top line and really round out his game. I'm thinking there's 50 goal upside with capable players flanking him and PP1 time.

He played top six minutes this year & got top PP time. Kitchener wasn't really filled though with capable players. Once Bracco got moved it was essentially just Mascherin & Bunnaman there but they were split up primarily outside of the PP. He got moved to center by the end of the year as he was more playing on the wing before that.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
He played top six minutes this year & got top PP time. Kitchener wasn't really filled though with capable players. Once Bracco got moved it was essentially just Mascherin & Bunnaman there but they were split up primarily outside of the PP. He got moved to center by the end of the year as he was more playing on the wing before that.

I don't doubt what you're saying. I haven't watched a lot of Rangers games this year and I've had to rely on newspapers, which is why the article below threw me off about Bunnaman and the third line - https://www.therecord.com/sports-st...shutdown-line-to-control-high-scoring-attack/

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't doubt what you're saying. I haven't watched a lot of Rangers games this year and I've had to rely on newspapers, which is why the article below threw me off about Bunnaman and the third line - https://www.therecord.com/sports-st...shutdown-line-to-control-high-scoring-attack/

They just called it a "shutdown line". They didn't say anything about a third line. Mascherin's line was often the scoring line while Bunnaman's was more of the matchup line.

Their team wasn't really talented enough to playing Bunnaman on a third line.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
Went with Laberge. It's still close (and a great thing it is!) but I think he's got a better shot to be better all around than Radcliffe and Laczynski. Laczynski's close though, as is Friedman

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Went Friedman slightly over Laczynski. A bunch of guys incredibly close here.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Really crazy to think Bunnyman might not break our top 15. I think he passes 50 goals next year, and shoots up these rankings.

We also have two defenseman playing in the SHL that might not crack our top 20.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And we have ten picks next year, including 2 1st rd picks!
Plus, knowing Hextall, odds are he trades a veteran or two for more picks this year.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm surprised there isn't more love for Bunnaman

Just to be clear, I have enough love for Bunny to fill this entire board with gifs and nonsense 100 times over. There's no shame in falling into the mid teens with the quality on this list. In some ways, this list is an exercise in futility, as we are slotting guys into spots that could arguably be filled by any of four or five other guys, depending on which criteria you use.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Echo is in my top 15. Always like watching him, and I think he has the skill and pro game to be grouped right there with NAK or Ratcliffe or Laberge in that tier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad