Strome, Matthew ~ LW
Sushko, Maxim ~ RW
Twarynski, Carson ~ LW
Vecchione, Mike ~ C
Warren, Brendan ~ LW
Willcox, Reece ~ RHD

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We're still in the "throw them in a hat" group of players, Allison, Hagg, Vorobyov, now Ratcliffe, AK, Laczynski, Friedman, Laberge.

The next group to me, Bernhardt, Bunnaman, Hogberg, Vecchione.

Third group, Fazleev, Kase, Leier, Marody, Strome, Sushko

The rest I don't think have a snowball's chance in hell of ever hitting the ice in Philadelphia.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Happy to finally get my vote in for Laczynski. He's one of the guys I am most excited about seeing play. He sounds like a fantastic draft surprise, something we have had far too little of in recent decades. And for Reb:

Buckeye > Acorn > Tanner "Tree" Laczynski :naughty:

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Laberge is getting criminally undervalued here. Ratcliffe is not a better prospect. Laberge's upside is higher.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I voted laczynski but I have a feeling Friedman may surprise us this year. How crazy Is it when ur looking at the 11-15 voted players in ur prospect poll and they have possibly middle 6 forward or 4-6 d potential and that does not include goalies.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Tanner Laczynski

I have him at #8 in my rankings, and almost feel bad for having him that low. I just love his game. Don't be fooled by the stigma attached to being a 6th round pick. Laczynski is a killer prospect.

[Tweet]805233415410753536[/MEDIA]

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
Our tenth best prospect centered Russia's top line at the wjc last year. And we aren't even counting goalies.....

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
It almost feels criminal to be at #11 and still have guys like Ratcliffe, Friedman, Laczynski, Laberge and NAK on the board. I know we mentioned it but wow what a change from a few seasons ago.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm guessing I will be voting for Friedman 2 or 3 times.

Not that I can vote him over others like Laczynski, but it really would not surprise me if we looked foolish for underrating NAK after this year.

Rick Deckard

Mar 30, 2006
Germany
I think Vecchione belongs in that tier too. He has done everything possible in his college career and is just "unknown". He may not has the ceiling of Ratcliffe and Laberge but he is way closer to reach his.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
yes, but after reading scouting reports on both, it would certainly seem like most scouts also agree.

Laberge's concussion is the issue.

Yeah what Bill said. It's reasonable to be concerned after a concussion that severe and the way he played afterwards.

Hopefully karma bites that lowlife Malatesta in the ass one day.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I went back and forth between Ratcliffe and Tan the Man, but opted for Ratcliffe. He said and hands around the net is a pretty lethal combo. I can see him being a 25-30 goal garbage man and PP force just like Simmonds.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Went rat....idk how i feel about labarge.....worried he may never recover from that concussion

That being said im going tanner next...if hes not picked ...im so excited to finally have a good prospect pool

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
Going with Laberge again. Honestly think if recovers well he'll be a diamond.

Kid has the heart of a lion and has faced tremendous adversity at a young age; not to mention he has top-end skill.

To me that is extremely valuable.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Kid has the heart of a lion and has faced tremendous adversity at a young age; not to mention he has top-end skill.

I do love his wrist shot..a lot. Hoping for a big season for him.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware

If not for that concussion hed be much higher on my board

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
yes, but after reading scouting reports on both, it would certainly seem like most scouts also agree.

How many of those reports were written after the concussion? I wonder if he took that hit before his draft how scouts would feel about him and his play after. I wonder where he would go in a redraft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad