2017-18 Around the League Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Florida's going to be awarded Rasmus Dahlin to correct the Ekblad contract mistake

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
i know, but still, just casually slipping travis green in there between his two brothers and his sister? felt like an inside joke

it’s not like they really grew up together right? they’re four years apart and green is from the kootenays afaik.
I only just had a chance to watch the footage and yeah, that's a bit weird. Was looking for possible connections in juniors and found nothing.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
LA is mad drunk. Unfortunately the coilers win the trade.

It's an interesting trade because it shows how both front offices do business.

Cammalleri is riding a 102 PDO and getting caved in possessionwise, and Jokinen has fabulous underlying numbers but is snakebit. I know which GM I trust more :)

Edmonton does save money but they don't need to - they have have $7M in cap space!

As an aside - how must Oilers fans feel about Katz cheaping out now that he has his taxpayer funded arena? :biglaugh: The team has missed Pouliot and Eberle, and there was absolutely no reason to move them.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
It's an interesting trade because it shows how both front offices do business.

Cammalleri is riding a 102 PDO and getting caved in possessionwise, and Jokinen has fabulous underlying numbers but is snakebit. I know which GM I trust more :)

Edmonton does save money but they don't need to - they have have $7M in cap space!

As an aside - how must Oilers fans feel about Katz cheaping out now that he has his taxpayer funded arena? :biglaugh: The team has missed Pouliot and Eberle, and there was absolutely no reason to move them.
Dude, in some of our worst seasons we were almost a cap team.
We have so much cap now simply for the trade deadline and because McDavid will hit all of his bonuses.

McLellan is the 2nd highest paid coach in the NHL @ 3.5 million annually. Katz isn't cheating out, chia is just questionable with getting quality players back after shipping out bigger names.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Malcolm subban isn't exactly a vezina candidate. And hell be rusty.

Maybe, but he is better than Ferguson.

I really hope to see a lot of goals for us when we play Vegas. This is the ideal game for our guys to rack up some points. The Oilers could barely score the whole season, and they got 8 against Vegas. Imagine a game where we score 10 times. That would be awesome.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Never can figure it out how Billionaires can sucker the taxpayer into at least partially funding an arena HE OWNS. In Alberta of all place.

Course, miracles to happen....(NDP government in Alberta & it is "Redmonton").

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Never can figure it out how Billionaires can sucker the taxpayer into at least partially funding an arena HE OWNS. In Alberta of all place.

Course, miracles to happen....(NDP government in Alberta & it is "Redmonton").

This is semantics to a degree, but The City of Edmonton owns the arena. Katz gets all operating profits and most of his contribution to the project was applied as rent for the building.

Talked about this in the OT thread, but the arena in Edmonton has definitely served as the focal point of a much bigger (and much needed) infrastructure/downtown revitalization. The execution of the plan was always in question, but the downtown actually has improved as a result of the rink from even 5 years ago.

Point about Katz not spending to the cap still stands, but as a local taxpayer who doesn't give a shit about the Oilers spending I'm fine with it.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Good thing there is no "dislike" because even I almost don't like what I'm about to say...

I want Lack to win in spectacular fashion tonight, go on a tear and then take Smith's job by the All Star break.

There... I said it.

:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad