Post-Game Talk: 2017-18 Around the League Thread | Luca Sbisa, Stanley Cup Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Can someone please explain to me how Edmonton didn't pay an extremely reasonable price for Dougie Hamilton when he was available? They pretty much traded the same assets for Griffin Reinhart, you're telling me they weren't willing to throw in a small sweetner to get Hamilton instead? That's up there with some of the dumbest management I've ever seen.

They honestly could have had Taylor Hall and Dougie Hamilton instead of Adam Larsson and Griffin Reinhart. That's absolutely insane on every level.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Can someone please explain to me how Edmonton didn't pay an extremely reasonable price for Dougie Hamilton when he was available? They pretty much traded the same assets for Griffin Reinhart, you're telling me they weren't willing to throw in a small sweetner to get Hamilton instead? That's up there with some of the dumbest management I've ever seen.

They honestly could have had Taylor Hall and Dougie Hamilton instead of Adam Larsson and Griffin Reinhart. That's absolutely insane on every level.

I vaguely (emphasis on vaguely) remember hearing it had something to do with Chairelli and Sweeney not wanting to make a deal with eachother after Chiarelli had been turfed by Boston.

I'm really not sure how much merit this holds at all but either way that's a f***ing stupid reason.

Reactions: dim jim

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Watch them pick Sockeyes, before the Richmond Sockeyes say no then we get the Seattle Silver Sockeyes

Plz be Kraken

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Marchessault and Smith return to Florida tonight. I'm sure they'd like to rub Tallon's nose in his dreadful summer decisions but Vegas may be in for a let down after a 4-1 win last night against the Bolts.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I vaguely (emphasis on vaguely) remember hearing it had something to do with Chairelli and Sweeney not wanting to make a deal with eachother after Chiarelli had been turfed by Boston.
Never confirmed by anyone with the Bruins, but the sense in Boston was that the Bruins weren't about to let Peter Chiarelli's Oilers benefit from the cap mess that Peter Chiarelli left in Boston.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Weird it seems like no one is talking about this: Senators would listen to offers for Karlsson

According to the Hockey Central at Noon podcast (I believe it was last week?) they heard rumors about the list that EK had given the Sens where he would like to go if he's traded, those places were: Vegas, Pittsburgh and the 2 Florida teams. Kypreos almost got hard when he heard Vegas. OTOH, imagine EK on the Bolts, good defense eh?

Last edited:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Good lord Vegas is already a fun team to watch. With Karlsson they could be must see TV. Same goes for the Bolts.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Lmaoooo Karlsson Hedman Stamkos Kucherov.....

stanleycup052915-getty-ftrjpg_1doukux73ytug1ktxxw2qjqk5h.jpg

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005

As I recall it, there was a rumor that Chiarelli was trying to strong arm Boston into a trade by threatening to offer sheet Hamilton. Sweeney got pissed off and traded Hamilton to their rivals.
Chiarelli panicked and traded for Reinhart whom everyone already knew was a bust.

Hilarious.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
In the 2017 offseason, it looked like they were going to be contenders for the next 5 years.

That's kind of the point though. They have the best defenseman in hockey. Some would say a generational talent. Some good pieces in Turris, Hoffman, Stone, Methot, etc. It all fell (is falling) apart in a hurry.

Duckhugs

Apr 11, 2016
Vegas is fun to watch if it weren't for the Canucks I would probably be a knights fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad