2016 World Junior Discussion (continues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
How are our boys doin today?

Kapanen has been better, but still snake bitten. Some bad decisions, but his line is playing well.

Puljujarvi-Aho-Laine is tremendous. Auston Matthews who... Puljujarvi 1+3 today after 43 minutes. Laine two assists.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
Kapanen has been better, but still snake bitten. Some bad decisions, but his line is playing well.

Puljujarvi-Aho-Laine is tremendous. Auston Matthews who... Puljujarvi 1+3 today after 43 minutes. Laine two assists.

Damn.. Jesse and Laine have both been beasts so far! Good to hear about Kaps.

Did Tima record any points in Sweden's win?

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

10 points already. Ridiculous :handclap:

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Puljujarvi-Aho-Laine is scary good. They could all be back next year too..

Edit: Kap scores and he tosses an invisible monkey off his back.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
Laine perfect wrister 6-3 straight from face-off. Laine 1+2 today and Aho 2+1. I can't understand how these -98 born players dominate like this and never thought that Aho is blue chipper. I thought that Carolina reached, but I think I was wrong.

Everyone talked about that if Laine and Pulju score point per game that's good enough to be in top5. Now their all ready over point per game, before last game of round robin.

Kapanen 7-3 on PP. Good wrister that took bad bounce. Good period from Finland and best period from Kapanen in this tournament. Even before the goal he played well.

BIitz

GRANT = SOFT
Oct 5, 2010
Laine perfect wrister 6-3 straight from face-off. Laine 1+2 today and Aho 2+1. I can't understand how these -98 born players dominate like this and never thought that Aho is blue chipper. I thought that Carolina reached, but I think I was wrong.

His numbers are comparable to Granlund's and TT. He's starting to look like a blue chip for sure.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
His numbers are comparable to Granlund's and TT. He's starting to look like a blue chip for sure.

And Aho is winger and playing center. I can't understand how his that good center. Playing with two beasts, but can't undervalue Aho.

Kapanen got more energy after that goal. Hopefully this builds his confidence.

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
5-0 U.S.A. over the Swiss, with time left in the 1st period. Granted the Swiss are a tired bunch after nearly beating us yesterday, however, this still shows that our guys played really poorly against them!

We should have been able to beat this Swiss team in REGULATION yesterday! I rest my case.

Edit: Now 6-0, still in the 1st period!

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
Wilson has team USA playing great. Lowry's only concern is who playing with strome and Marner

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I'm having a weird feeling that Sweden takes the gold.. Hope I'm wrong..

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Curious here, could the Marlies have signed Matthews to a contract? No CHL to worry about and he would have been/could have been 18 when he signed the contract if he waited.

Now if it would have made sense for the Marlies/Leafs is another question because they would mostly likely end up developing another teams prospect but they would get a first hand look and stab at his development.

OvenMittz*

I'm having a weird feeling that Sweden takes the gold.. Hope I'm wrong..

Why.. I'm hoping Canada -Sweden-Finland.

In that order, but if Sweden wins I won't be too upset. Good for Nylander.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Underachieving Team Canada forwards looking for answers

Underachieving Team Canada forwards Mitch Marner, Jake Virtanen, Brayden Point and Lawson Crouse talk about how they haven't lived up to expectations so far at the World Juniors and how they are hoping to breakout against Sweden in a big New Year's Eve showdown.

http://www.tsn.ca/world-juniors

They believe they can be better.

I wonder if the U18 helped prepard Barzal for this better than CHL playoffs would?

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Why.. I'm hoping Canada -Sweden-Finland.

In that order, but if Sweden wins I won't be too upset. Good for Nylander.

I just think that they like the strongest, most consistent team in the tournie right now.. The talent on that team in huge..! I'd love to see Alex come here with William...

I'm still rooting for our boys, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad