2016 World Junior Discussion (Continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Sucks to see Strome doing so good and Marner struggling after in the 2015 draft we were saying they were on the same level. Big difference between that 3 and 4 pick now.

What a fail of a post

Strome has been just a bit better overall in the tournament

Marner>Strome

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Crap that one hurts.

Strome wins the draw cleanly and then Canada messes up the zone breakout.

Almost a perfect period ruined in the last 12 secs.

That's it and so close to the end of the period.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That was on the defender who gave the horrible pass while not under any pressure.

Good period but that was just giving a goal away.

Everyone gets a minus based on a bad play by one player.

WMT

Jul 1, 2015
Toronto, ON
Marner's skating is starting to concern me.

It is still very early for him, he is still developing etc. But right now I think we should have drafted Sttrome or Provorov. Again this is the way I feel right at this moment. I still like Marner, just saying this based on what I have seen so far at this tournament. Hope I am wrong.

mikebel111*

Yeah and a couple of times Marner couldn't handle a pass from his own teammate but of course no one will mention this

Marner didnt have a good period, thats only his 3rd bad period so far. What a fail of a prospect:sarcasm:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Marner hasn't had a great start to this game, no .. But his line mates have also been terrible

I agree here.

Strome had a crappy game against Sweden, whereas Marner was great. Now the tables have turned.

Marner had a tough period for sure. I don't think Point or Perlini had a good period this whole tournament though.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
That's it and so close to the end of the period.

Could be the turning point of the game... you can't give up a goal like that with under a minute left!

Not acceptable for a team trying to redeem itself and make themselves relevant!

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Marner's skating is starting to concern me.

Hard to judge if you're just basing it off of the tournament. Marner's linemates haven't exactly been effective either.

Marners line is frustrating me.. Point and Perlini keep loosing possession before the play even gets started.

I hope its just me that's noticing it.

I agree, but I'm trying to be careful not to use it as an 'excuse'. The whole line has been completely noneffective.

On another note... I'm really not a fan of Lowry. I mean, its almost like he's coaching a pewee team rotating four lines fairly equally.. Play your best players, and put them in the best opportunity to succeed!!

mikebel111*

It is still very early for him, he is still developing etc. But right now I think we should have drafted Sttrome or Provorov. Again this is the way I feel right at this moment. I still like Marner, just saying this based on what I have seen so far at this tournament. Hope I am wrong.

Lol at making judgements on a tournament

I still take Marner over those 2 thank you very much

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Is Marner basically on the fourth line? Maybe I wasn't looking closer enough, but didn't seem like his line was getting out there very often.

And yeah it wasn't a huge period for him. Though those linemates aren't helping much at all. Just...kind of there this period. Hopefully he can rise above the guys he is out there with and get something going in this one.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
That's a bad one.

i hear j bernier is his goalie coach lol

so far all lines rockin except point line, frustrating as the captain should lead by example, marner needs new skates

i will say a lot of ppl here are bi polar..sayin strome was garbage last 2 games he gets 1 goal now he's our best guy?

for us most consistent best guys

strome
konency
marner

hicketts
chabot
dermott

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

Yeah, let's draft the guy who was already off the board when we were picking.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
like usual for this Canadian team the score doesn't reflect the play

Finland looks outclassed

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Is Marner basically on the fourth line? Maybe I wasn't looking closer enough, but didn't seem like his line was getting out there very often.

And yeah it wasn't a huge period for him. Though those linemates aren't helping much at all. Just...kind of there this period. Hopefully he can rise above the guys he is out there with and get something going in this one.

No? They played regular shifts, minus the PK.

The Barzal line didn't have many shifts. Probably two?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I really feel we should have solidified our D longterm and take Hanifin last year, as we knew there were a ton of high end forwards coming up in the next few drafts and we would be picking high.

I feel better with Nylander, Rielly and Hanifin as our future core with a high end forward joining us this draft, rather than now trying to draft D just because we need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad