World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
This is how I want the World Cup of Hockey to look like:

Scandinavia (Sweden-Norway-Denmark-Finland, 14 swedes and seven finns)

Czech & Slovakia & Slovenia

USSR (inluding Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Krim, Sotji, Latvia, Mongolia, Putingrad, KGB, GRU, Afghanistan, Chessnia, Sir Bad Jan, Stonia, Vlad Vostok, Lithium, Russian White, Zbek, Kzakh, Kirgis, Tajik, Georgia, Moldau, The Army and Camp Sibiria.

US of A including Hawaii, Alaska, Great Britain, I$I$ slash da3$h and Iraq.

Western Canada (including Anonymous, best WHL junior player and best female player)

Eastern Canada (including France, best OHL or QMJHL junior player and the best kostymnisse not being a goalie, sorry, Roy!)

:laugh: Would be typical NHL to lump Slovenia with Czech & Slovakia though, even though they don't share anything except some similar flags and country names.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
This is how I want the World Cup of Hockey to look like:

Scandinavia (Sweden-Norway-Denmark-Finland, 14 swedes and seven finns)

Sadly, Finland is not in Scandinavia. But Iceland is!! You could replace Sami Vatanen with Emil Alengard!

Czech & Slovakia & Slovenia

Why stop there? Add Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands and Belgium to this mix and you can have Team Holy Roman Empire. The uniforms would be sick.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Uhm, no the third stringer (Rask) is the waterboy, whereas Rinne keeps the bench warm for when his teammate Forsberg comes for a change :P
Your lack of knowledge of the game of hockey disappoints me.

It's the backup who also takes care of the drinks, alongside his hatch-opening and bench-warming duties. The third string goalie sits in the press box and tweets about the quality of arena hot dogs.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Your lack of knowledge of the game of hockey disappoints me.

It's the backup who also takes care of the drinks, alongside his hatch-opening and bench-warming duties. The third string goalie sits in the press box and tweets about the quality of arena hot dogs.

Not in team Scandinavia, we don't let any player wear a suit at game time. You don't play, then you are behind the bench in a team overall.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Not in team Scandinavia, we don't let any player wear a suit at game time. You don't play, then you are behind the bench in a team overall.
Let me guess, the design of said overall is predominantly blue and yellow in color, with three little crowns placed on the left side of chest, across the heart.

There's also a little yellow lion, on the right buttock.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Let me guess, the design of said overall is predominantly blue and yellow in color, with three little crowns placed on the left side of chest, across the heart.

There's also a little yellow lion, on the right buttock.

We can have a red flag with a yellow cross on the other buttock, to honor our shared heritage of the Fenno-Swedes!

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
We can have a red flag with a yellow cross on the other buttock, to honor our shared heritage of the Fenno-Swedes!
You know, that would most likely be one placement we actually agree with.

But let's not go there. The silly minority tends to get quite upset at that.

begbeee

Oct 16, 2009
Slovakia
Why stop there? Add Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands and Belgium to this mix and you can have Team Holy Roman Empire. The uniforms would be sick.
holy_roman_empire_hockey_by_km_mafia-d42edmk.png

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I honestly hope the Euro countries eligible for this team boycott this event. It would be a nice **** you to the NHL and their stupid discriminatory idea.

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
Czech Republic is able to suit up a full NHL roster no problem, and they would have fared much better last year had they done so... just putting it out there :)

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
It would be weird if any player that do not want to play in the world championship would want to play in this tournament for Team Leftovers?

Hazu*

Sep 25, 2011
World Cup : What will team Europe look like?

Vanek - Kopitar - Hossa
Tatar - Girgensons - Grabner
??? - ??? - Niederreiter
??? - ??? - ???

Chara - Josi
Streit - ???
??? - ???

Halak - Hiller

Not sure about the rest.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Frans Nielsen would be the 3C of that lineup and don't forget about Mikkel Boedker.

Also, Grabovski is Belarussian, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino