Olle Eriksson Ek

Timothy Liljegren - Erik Brännström
Jacob Moverare - Jacob Cederholm
Linus Nässén - Tom Hedberg

Alexander Nylander - Elias Pettersson - Jesper Bratt
Lias Andersson - Tim Söderlund - Jesper Boqvist
Linus Weissbach - Tim Wahlgren - Marcus Davidsson
Rickard Hugg - Linus Lindström - Oscar Steen

Fällström was the teams leading scorer in Ivan Hlinka together with Nylander - he'll probably be there.

Chance on medal?

Sure, but the denomination will probably depend on if Nylander and Mississauga makes an early exit in the OHL playoffs or not.

Maybe someone like Wernblom can steal a spot?

Nope, historically there has been very few underagers in the U18 tournaments, roughly 1 or 2 per year, never mind double underagers (went back to WJC-18 2002-2003 without finding any). The exception being the -95 who had quite a few more players born -96 owing to the former being a weak age group and the latter being a strong one. From that perspective it would be very interesting if four underagers makes the cut this year with three of them being d-men.

Brännström is probably a lock given he played Ivan Hlinka, Liljegren has a overwhelming chance but Hedberg seems more far-fetched.

Not a chance. I don't think he's the best forward in his age group.

Interesting, who do you think is; Skager, HÃ¥llander?

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Interesting, who do you think is; Skager, HÃ¥llander?

I just don't think Wernbloms style will translate well to higher levels. He's probably the best at the U16 level, but not in U18 and I think he's going to have an even tougher time in J20 and on.

I like his teammate Pettersson more, for instance.

GC

Jun 13, 2015
Isac Lundeström might be in the roster as well.

Puckluck11

Feb 13, 2008
Luleå
IMO there is 5 underagers competing for a spot.

Brannstrom
Liljegren
Lundestrom
Hugg
Elvenes

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
IMO there is 5 underagers competing for a spot.

Brannstrom
Liljegren
Lundestrom
Hugg
Elvenes

Those would be my 5 as well. Tom Hedberg is playing ~ 18 minutes/game with Leksand, haven't really seen him play but maybe he's in the mix as well.

LifisLife

Dec 8, 2015
As far as Hedberg goes, he has been playing awesome for Leksand in Hockeyallsvenskan. Must have a good head on him, as he havnt been intimidated or afraid to make mistakes. He plays his usuall game and doesnt seem faced playing against grown men. Really has been outstanding so far.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
I just don't think Wernbloms style will translate well to higher levels. He's probably the best at the U16 level, but not in U18 and I think he's going to have an even tougher time in J20 and on.

I like his teammate Pettersson more, for instance.

You're probably right about both Wernblom and Pettersson. Wernblom has been a top forward for Modo J18, but not quite as good as i thought he'd be before the season started.

Linus Pettersson is a really special player imo. His skillset is probably the very best among the 00-crop? Puck on a string, crazy hands. Should be in the national team soon.

Kind of OT but whateva

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Nope, historically there has been very few underagers in the U18 tournaments, roughly 1 or 2 per year, never mind double underagers (went back to WJC-18 2002-2003 without finding any). The exception being the -95 who had quite a few more players born -96 owing to the former being a weak age group and the latter being a strong one. From that perspective it would be very interesting if four underagers makes the cut this year with three of them being d-men.

-->Robert Nilsson is the only one I can find, he did play in 00/01 and 01/02 but didnt play in 02/03 for some reason.

LifisLife

Dec 8, 2015
Well, Tom Hedberg is on the Team 17 roster for their upcoming tournament. So very much doubt he will play with the U18 team.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Since they weren't included for the U17 tournament, can assume Brännström and Liljegren are with the U18 team.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
This U18 team looks pretty good to me. A lot of forwards have really done well this season, getting Nylander as well would be huge. On D we should have a good mix of size and skill.

A bit off topic, but I can't wait for the 2018-2019 WJC's after watching Rasmus Dahlin play his first J20 game today. I know it's early but our group of D could really look fantastic with Liljegren, Dahlin, Brännström etc.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Yeah despite 3 out of our 4 best 97 forwards is born in december I kind of like what we can put up this year. Maybe miss a big strong skilled center.

WJC 20 2019? The d-core will probably be good, but I want to see more of the forward before I get hyped over that year. 2018 can be intresting however.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
A bit off topic, but I can't wait for the 2018-2019 WJC's after watching Rasmus Dahlin play his first J20 game today. I know it's early but our group of D could really look fantastic with Liljegren, Dahlin, Brännström etc.

Missed it because of work but he has looked ridiculously good in J18 so far.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Is Liljegren injured? He hasnt played for none of Rögles teams this weekend

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah despite 3 out of our 4 best 97 forwards is born in december I kind of like what we can put up this year. Maybe miss a big strong skilled center.

Yeah, this 98-group of forwards lacks size. Our biggest forward at the Hlinka tournament was only listed as 6'0, a few of them are really small.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Yeah, this 98-group of forwards lacks size. Our biggest forward at the Hlinka tournament was only listed as 6'0, a few of them are really small.

Small sample size, but if Jakob Olofsson can keep up his good start in superelit, I would at least consider him. Nothing fancy in his game, but he plays a very mature game and is big. But it will not happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad